Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2006 7:49:46 AM EDT
What is it with office workers.. Im in the middle of a new PC upgrade, The new systems come with Flat panel monitors. 1/3 of the systems are being swapped out this year, the rest over the next 2 years. On a dally bases I get asked "when am I getting my new computer" or "flat panel". Or "why did Jill get a a flat panel and I didn't?" Its like working at a day care center some times. Then they get all bent out of shape because they didn't get on the swap out list. Its mainly the women that are the ones griping. Most of the time the guys could care less.  

Good lord Im getting to old for this shit..
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 7:51:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Tell them some sucky sucky could expedite things.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 7:53:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 7:57:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

No most of them are coyote ugly..
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 7:59:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Delivery guy: "Who are these new flat panels for?"

FM: "Pull down everyone's pants. If you find a c*** drop a monitor there."
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:00:02 AM EDT
[#5]
LOL

Too many Twinkies and not enough fresh air.

(That's my answer for most things.)
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:01:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
LOL

Too many Twinkies and not enough fresh air.

(That's my answer for most things.)

There is a lot of truth to that....
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:01:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:08:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah frickin women are always bitching.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:12:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
What is it with office workers.. Im in the middle of a new PC upgrade, The new systems come with Flat panel monitors. 1/3 of the systems are being swapped out this year, the rest over the next 2 years. On a dally bases I get asked "when am I getting my new computer" or "flat panel". Or "why did Jill get a a flat panel and I didn't?" Its like working at a day care center some times. Then they get all bent out of shape because they didn't get on the swap out list. Its mainly the women that are the ones griping. Most of the time the guys could care less.  

Good lord Im getting to old for this shit..

Reason 4,295 I will do my best to make sure I will never end up in a cube farm.  I hear so many stories, (mainly here) about bad experiences in the "office environment."
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:13:18 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:14:41 AM EDT
[#11]
It's even better when the women office worker hordes descend upon the hapless poor gal who actually did get the upgrade. It becomes a bonafide political reason to engage in a feeding frenzy for the biddies that didn't get the newest toy that they will never need/use/understand.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:16:11 AM EDT
[#12]
In my experience, the more valued the employees get the new shiney shit.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:17:04 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Could I buy a vowel? U or O?

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:21:27 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
It's even better when the women office worker hordes descend upon the hapless poor gal who actually did get the upgrade. It becomes a bonafide political reason to engage in a feeding frenzy for the biddies that didn't get the newest toy that they will never need/use/understand.

I take it you BTDT huh?

Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:24:26 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I take it you BTDT huh?

I've been DT since 1978. Don't do much end user support anymore except for the stupid family members who have no concept of what a systems architect does and proceeds to ask the 'computer guy' in the family about how to change the background of their desktop.

I don't go to many family events anymore.

Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:39:29 AM EDT
[#16]
We did just did a big rearranging of office and cube space. Can you paint my wall it looks like junk? Can you get my carpet steam cleaned? Can you move my desk to face??? Can I have a different file cabinet this one doesn't match? It's too noisy here the guy in the cube I face has a breathing problem? Can I move somewhere else I don’t like this? Why did I have to move? 54 moves and every complaint but one was a female.
Gerry
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:49:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:50:42 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not like you'll be looking at their faces.

(NOT that I condone this, BTW.  I'm just saying.)
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:51:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Keeping up with the Jones'.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:53:38 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm one of the few happily married guys (15 yrs).. So I dont really need to go there...
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:54:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Sounds like somebody has a case of the Monday's
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:55:36 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

LOL thanks.. I needed that...
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:56:16 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
"why did Jill get a a flat panel and I didn't?"

Tell them it's because Jill is much prettier, and is nicer to the boss. Then they'll start a bitch campaign against each other, and get off your back. Plus it will provide you with some much-needed entertainment while you work.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:59:18 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/19/2006 9:00:35 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

sometimes beauty is just a lightswitch away....
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 9:00:49 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"why did Jill get a a flat panel and I didn't?"

Tell them it's because Jill is much prettier, and is nicer to the boss. Then they'll start a bitch campaign against each other, and get off your back. Plus it will provide you with some much-needed entertainment while you work.

And you dont think I didnt...
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 9:01:09 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

So what would you do if you had a million dollars?
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 9:08:50 AM EDT
[#28]
So glad I don't have to deal with that anymore!
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 9:35:12 AM EDT
[#29]
"The list is decided by senior management on the basis of performance.    I think you're scheduled for 2 years from now."

That ought to shut them up.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 9:45:37 AM EDT
[#30]
tell em they get a flat panel or a raise- guess how many take the panel....

This LCD thing is costing us plenty...in the long eun it will be benifical, but right now we are getting the same thing-people wondering when they "get theirs".
I tell them that they are being replaced thru attrition, but thats not good enothg and now they have "seeing problems" and need that 19" LCD or else they will go blind and die.  Unfortunatley the bosses fall for it to avoid getting sued.

dont even start me on the people that see the programmers with TWO LCD's and decide they cant work without two...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top