Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 5:25:11 AM EDT
Going to Jax this afternoon.  Any good gunshops I need to visit?  I will be coming from the direction of Starke via Blanding Blvd.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:47:33 AM EDT
[#1]
While you're on Blanding, you could just go about a mile north of I-295 to St. Nick's. It's across the street from K-mart (I think). On the east side of the St. Johns River, there are a couple more that I'm aware of. St Johns Firearms is just south of Jax (Off I-95, Exit 329). Gun Gallery is on Beach Blvd, and Bullseye is off Atlantic and University Blvds. Sorry if I couldn't be more specific, but I'm horrible at writing directions.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:51:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Shooters Firearms.  4930 University Blvd. W
904/737-4495
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:53:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't much care for the Bullseye shops. NewARguy and some other arfcommers work at Gun Gallery on Beach East of Southside. Lots of EBR stuff there. My favorite is Curry-Thomas Hardware at Beach and Atlantic. It's a real old-school gun shop, with fat guys hanging over the counter and a crusty old gunsmith muttering in the background. IM me if you want to grab lunch or a beer. I'm downtown.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:53:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Why are you coming to Jax?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:32:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought a couple of guns from Bullseye back in '95. In retrospect, I paid more than I should have on them.

As a matter of fact, I bought my first pistol, a Ruger P91 from them. They talked me into a $100 maintenance program.

(If you didn't know, Ruger P-series don't need maintenance other than simple cleaning.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top