Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/16/2005 2:48:52 PM EDT
". . . the media's eagerness to publicize and exploit a grieving mother's anger and sorrow can be criticized, for it points to a larger pathology in our culture––the privileging of the suffering victim as someone who possesses superior insight and so must be heeded and catered to."

www.theonerepublic.com/archives/Columns/Thornton/20050811ThorntonSheehan.html
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:00:50 PM EDT
Thank moveon.org for tossing this poor woman's loss into the circus. Her son served his country with honor. She has a right to grieve and should be accorded the respect due a mother who has lost her son in combat.

The perverted monkeys at moveon.org are using her like a cheap whore.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:10:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PaintItBlack:
Thank moveon.org for tossing this poor woman's loss into the circus. Her son served his country with honor. She has a right to grieve and should be accorded the respect due a mother who has lost her son in combat.

The perverted monkeys at moveon.org are using her like a cheap whore.

Except a) she threw herself in to the media circus. Thats what this whole "protest" outside Bush's place is.

And b) she already met with Bush. Last year.

The bitch is a media whore. I have respect for her son's service. I have no resepct for HER.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:16:07 PM EDT
I think she is the one whoring her grief. Her son obviously did not share her views on the President and the war. Now that he can't say "For Pete's sake, Ma, knock it off. You're embarrassing me!" she's dancing in his blood and treating his noble sacrifice as folly in order to promote her moonbat agenda. If she were an actual grieving mother instead of an opportunist riding a dead soldier's back to national attention, she'd be entitled to respect and deference. Unfortunately, she's not, so she's not.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:21:24 PM EDT
Until I lose my son in combat I'm not going to judge her.

moveon.org and cnn have a special place in hell, as far as I'm concerned.
Top Top