Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/11/2004 5:52:17 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/11/2004 5:52:54 PM EST by ffsparky26]
I was helping my brother put the head back on a 90 Pontiac Sunbird and we herd some screaming. We thought it was just kids but it god louder and more intense. So we ran up the street, I left my carry peice with my fiance she was out and about so I had no gun just a knife. I look and there are three adults and an ass load of kids in a fenced yard. One older woman holding something, one obese older woman stearing and munch kins every where. The screaming was the kids and once I got up there I asked was everything OK, someone says it's a cat. And they are all histeric and there is still screaming. There were 5 people in the yard and I was the only one that got the damn dog off her.

So then I see this blonde hair between two dog houses and I her "HELP HELP" I jump the fence and this woman is bloody and trying to hold a pit bull. The dog was not still attacking, just tyring to get at the dead pomchi. She yells for me to get the leash, but it is getting the best of her. So I grab the dog by the back of the neck and it's throat and slam it on the ground. I pin his neck with my knee and lean on it and my brother gets the collar / leash. And the pit is happy as can be, just thinks it's all play.

Come to find out the woman let her pomeranian / chiwawa mix go out and harass her new pit bull. The pit was her live in's dog that she just met. He was about 1.5 year old, not too big. I lectured her about taking care of the damn thing and keeping a good collar on it. They had a half assed collar and he slipped out. I also told her that she needs to get rid of it if she can't control it, because it could maul her kids. And the pomchi was dead, it's neck was broke.

So that was my good dead for the day. Here were some lessosn learned.

1. Have two everyday guns. If your significant other uses it have two.

2 Don't count on any help. There is a herd mentality / people are chicken shit.

3 Dont try to breake up a dog fight with your hands, use a water hose, pepper spary, cattle prod. And don't jump a pit unless it is mauling a person, fuck the animals.

4 If you have to take him bare handed move fast and with lots of force. I knocked the wind out of him when I slammed it down, them I jamed my knee in it's neck.

My brothers wife called the Police after. I was gonna leave it alone. I figure if the stupid wench doesn't control the dog or get rid of it she desrves what the hell she gets, some modern natural selection. But my bro has some young kids and she was worried about it getting them so I guess it was OK.

The Fuzz came and took a report. They are gonnna quarentine the animal for 30 and allow the owner to take it or have it destroied. The Officer said I could have and probably should have shot it.

So there is my good turn for the day.

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:02:15 PM EST
Good work. Ditto on advice #2
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:07:12 PM EST
Good work, I agree... but, I do have a question & I am not trying to be a wise guy. If you had a piece with you when you arrived at the scene, what if anything, would you have done differently?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:15:23 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/11/2004 6:16:50 PM EST by ffsparky26]

Originally Posted By Mojo_Jojo:
Good work, I agree... but, I do have a question & I am not trying to be a wise guy. If you had a piece with you when you arrived at the scene, what if anything, would you have done differently?

Not much as things went. If I would have lost control of the animal or if when I would have went to help restrain the animal he would have attacke I would have needed the gun. He thought the pomchi was a toy and bit it out of prey drive. I was bigger, not down on his level and not prey so he didn't bite and was social after I got him tied back up. If he would have thought I was prey I would have been royaly fucked. Pits bite hard, fast, and go for the kill. I would have needed the gun to stop it.

I practice drawing and shooting at close rage. I am pretty fast and good at it. It's what I am best at due to the 5 to 15 foot statistic. And if I would have been carrying as normal I could have shot him had he went after me.

The dog overpowered the woman but was not constatly attacking her, she got bit tryin to take the pits prey ( read as pomchi). If it would have been seeing her as prey I would have had to shot the pit to get it off.

I had my Spyderco Clpit with 3.5 in blade. I could have cut its throat or stabbed it's spine but it wouldn't have worked as well as my gun.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:17:09 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/11/2004 6:17:37 PM EST by Paul]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:20:07 PM EST
BTW, how did the Sunbird work out?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:23:55 PM EST

Originally Posted By ffsparky26:
fuck the animals.

I believe there is a law against this, I dont know of course but it might fall under animal crulty.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:26:03 PM EST

Originally Posted By Mojo_Jojo:
BTW, how did the Sunbird work out?

It was a junker. That model has a 2.0L I4 that is shit. One of the first motors with aluminum heads. The valve seats on all 4 cylinders were cracked, it's typical on 1st gen aluminum heds. It cost too much to order new and all the used once were cracked. We just claned it up, put in a new cam and let it go. He's gonna sell it as a around town junker. It will be good for about 2 years of lite driving. If you dog it it will fall apart.

The body was good on it, it was the sport model. Had hidden head lights. It would make a nice street rod. Put a Mustang II front end under it and a 9 inch rear in the back. A 350 Chevy and TH350 and it would be sweet. But it will serve someone well as cheap transportation.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:27:40 PM EST
Pitbulls attack people?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:30:47 PM EST

Originally Posted By panzersergeant:
Pitbulls attack people?

The pit attacked the womans dog. She was a dumb ass and tried to take the dogs prey. I attacked the dog to save her ass.

I like pit bulls, but they are a big responsibility. This woman barely took care of her kids and house. She sure as hell wouldn't take good enough care of the dog.

The dog bit her once or twice when she tried to bare handed break up a dog fight. Any dog would to that.

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:34:53 PM EST
Pitbulls and the morons who own them.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:35:11 PM EST

Originally Posted By panzersergeant:
Pitbulls attack people?

No. They are sweet, lovable little critters.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:57:57 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:30:07 AM EST
You must have mis-identified that dog.We have been assured here that pits are lovable little critters that wouldn't hurt a flea.

When will these pit owners wake up??????
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:54:16 AM EST
Pits have a mental state like this:

As long as I'm the boos everything is o.k., otherwise after I attack you and make it clear that I'm the boss, everything will be o.k.

I've got a pit and she is a tough dog, but her two best friends are teacup and miniature poodles. On the other hand, she holds her own with my friends wolf hybrids.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:00:17 AM EST
My good deed for the day:
Use a spell checker.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:22:17 AM EST

Originally Posted By KA3B:
My good deed for the day:
Use a spell checker.

BTT

Was my spelling that bad?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:37:18 AM EST
I guess it is a new week today isn't it...
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:21:31 AM EST

Originally Posted By GreyGhost:
You must have mis-identified that dog.We have been assured here that pits are lovable little critters that wouldn't hurt a flea.

No, what you've been informed of is that it's stupid to lump an entire breed of dog and group of people into tidy little stereotypes.

When will these pit owners wake up??????

Probably when all the breed haters wake up.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:35:40 AM EST
ditto on rule number #3...

one of my borther inlaws just got his hands and wrist bitten up breaking up his roommates two pits...

Top Top