Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2011 6:42:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/29/2011 7:57:20 AM EDT by BigeasySnow]
I need better shoes, I have small but wide feet and I can't fit into women's sizes, for the most part. A lot of brands aren't even making 5s anymore and I would need a five that ran really small. A little boys' 2.5 is usually perfect for me and I tend to buy $20 sneakers at Payless, but I'm looking for something with a little more cushion that will last longer and will tolerate longer walks without giving me blisters.

Thanks,

Snow

eta: Women's sizes almost never fit, and I'll most likely have to mail order, so I'm really just looking for kids sizes.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:45:37 AM EDT
keen makes really nice kids shoes and most of them look just like the adult models.

My son has a pair and they have made it through everything he has thrown at then.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:47:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:51:20 AM EDT
Originally Posted By BigeasySnow:

I need better shoes, I have small but wide feet and I can't fit into women's sizes, for the most part. A lot of brands aren't even making 5s anymore and I would need a five that ran really small. A little boys' 2.5 is usually perfect for me and I tend to buy $20 sneakers at Payless, but I'm looking for something with a little more cushion that will last longer and will tolerate longer walks without giving me blisters.

Thanks,

Snow

You must have tiny feet but with that said I'd recommend going to the closest REI to you. No, they're not the cheapest but have a good selection of men's, women's and kids sizes. Personally I prefer Vasque branded hiking boots but they tend to be heavier and hotter than other boots out there; they last forever though....
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:56:34 AM EDT

You do realize that somewhere in a trailer park near a cornfield in Iowa fammyman is masturbating furiously to this thread, hitting F5 in between faps.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:58:11 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ATLDiver:

Thanks,

Snow

You must have tiny feet but with that said I'd recommend going to the closest REI to you. No, they're not the cheapest but have a good selection of men's, women's and kids sizes. Personally I prefer Vasque branded hiking boots but they tend to be heavier and hotter than other boots out there; they last forever though....

No REIs in Louisiana. Bass Pro and Cabelas had a poor selection in my size every time I've gone.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:00:07 AM EDT
Originally Posted By SevenMaryThree:

You do realize that somewhere in a trailer park near a cornfield in Iowa fammyman is masturbating furiously to this thread, hitting F5 in between faps.

You do realize that every time someone does that the psychic energy released increases my power and that soon, thanks to the fappers, I'll take over the world.

As soon as I can get some decent, world conquering footwear.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:03:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Feral:
Have Russell build you some boots that fit you. They're not cheap, but then again you only have one pair of feet.

(We haven't seen any boys' size boots that we think highly of except Muck boots, which you aren't looking for.)

Alas, while reasonable for custom made, those are well out of my price range.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:03:57 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Overlord66:
keen makes really nice kids shoes and most of them look just like the adult models.

My son has a pair and they have made it through everything he has thrown at then.

Thank you! I'm going to go look at these.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:11:07 AM EDT

You do realize that every time someone does that the psychic energy released increases my power and that soon, thanks to the fappers, I'll take over the world.

I was under the impression that his psychic energy caused cancer, abortions, and alcoholism.  

I have a tough time buying shoes too...13 1/2 EEE.  What I do is find a pair I really like.  Then I type the SKU into google.  Ten times out of ten I will get back a long list of vendors who have that shoe.  Then it's a simple matter of finding the size and best deal.  When I do, I buy at least 3 pair.  Then I'm set for another year and a half or so.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:13:29 AM EDT
Womens size 5

Kids 2.5

My wife has a similar problem. Merells, Vasque are all good shoes. I personally have had good luck with Hi-Tec boots, and found them to be comfortable and long wearing.

Don't care for Columbia, she walked right out of a pair in about two months of semi hard use.

YMMV

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:19:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/29/2011 7:30:54 AM EDT by BigeasySnow]

I was under the impression that his psychic energy caused cancer, abortions, and alcoholism.  

I have a tough time buying shoes too...13 1/2 EEE.  What I do is find a pair I really like.  Then I type the SKU into google.  Ten times out of ten I will get back a long list of vendors who have that shoe.  Then it's a simple matter of finding the size and best deal.  When I do, I buy at least 3 pair.  Then I'm set for another year and a half or so.

I do the same thing, but I've only ever found shoes that I wouldn't want to walk all day in. They're fine for normal wear, but I'm not going hiking in them.

eta: I love these, and I have a backup pair on standby, but they just don't cut it for a long walk.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:23:38 AM EDT
Originally Posted By pen:
Womens size 5

Kids 2.5

My wife has a similar problem. Merells, Vasque are all good shoes. I personally have had good luck with Hi-Tec boots, and found them to be comfortable and long wearing.

Don't care for Columbia, she walked right out of a pair in about two months of semi hard use.

YMMV

Thanks! I'd have to try on the 5s, most are waayyy too big, but I could probably safely order the 2.5s as they almost always fit.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:35:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/29/2011 7:37:52 AM EDT by Cheesebeast]
Go online and check for children's running shoes.

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/mensshoes/mensshoeskids/

Most have very reasonable return policies so you can find a brand that fits you well.

Take this advice, though:

If you find a "perfect" pair then buy at least two more identical pairs at once.  Just when you get comfortable with a pair of running shoes they discontinue them.

ETA:
Running shoes do not survive getting soaked very well.  Inevitably they curl up and shrink.
If you get a shoe dryer your shoes will last a LOT longer.  I only mention this as you live in a place where when it rains it POURS.
http://www.peetshoedryer.com/
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:41:55 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:44:26 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:46:17 AM EDT

Sportsman's guide has quite a few in size 5 and they have some good prices too.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:47:04 AM EDT
Merrill's have been rock solid and long lasting comfort for myself, my wife (petite), and 2 kids.  I'd highly recommend the brand––you pick the styles.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:56:11 AM EDT

I save my Cajun Reeboks for weddings and Mardi Gras balls.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:43:00 AM EDT

I save my Cajun Reeboks for weddings and Mardi Gras balls.

You're not wearing them to Jazz Fest this weekend?      ...... why not?

I'm wearing mine.   Come find me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:45:20 AM EDT

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:00:15 AM EDT
You are going to have to post pics of your feet.

It would be best if they were in heels, so you know, we could help you out better.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:11:20 AM EDT
Originally Posted By KC-130 FLT ENG:
You are going to have to post pics of your feet.

It would be best if they were in heels, so you know, we could help you out better.

She has, you just need to know where to look.

Top Top