Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 7:35:37 AM EDT
I need some recommendations on a good audio ripping program to convert my existing CD's to MP3's.  I have some of my older CD's that I'd like to convert to MP3's and compile all of them onto 1 MP3 CD since my truck stereo will play MP3's (less I have to change CD's.)  Anyone know of a good, preferably free, program to help me do this?

Thanks,
Nick
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:56:45 AM EDT
[#1]
nero will do it.  musicmatch will,  realplayer, winamp will.   most of them you have to purchase to get added features
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:51:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Can't believe that I'm recommending a MS program, but Windows Media Player 10 is actually pretty good for ripping CD's.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:36:50 PM EDT
[#3]
dBpowerAMP
Rips from CD to mp3, and also includes a seperate program to convert wav files to mp3, and vice-versa.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:48:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:54:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I looked at the dBpowerAMP but ended up going with CDex.  It is freeware and is very easy to use.  It does everything I need it to and is very quick.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top