Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2010 7:46:45 PM EDT
I have been a Dave Matthews Band fan for close to 12 years now.  I have been a member of their Warehouse (fan club) for 11 years and enjoy getting to buy tickets early, and have been front row a couple of times.

Saturday my wife and I are taking our 5 yr old daughter to her first concert.  Our seats are about 20 rows back, so she should have a great time for her first concert.  Already have her pink ear pro which she will take to the range in a few years.

Well, this afternoon while I was picking up dinner, my wife got a call letting us know I was selected for a meet and greet with the band before the show!!!

One of the reasons I am such a huge fan is that Dave Matthews and I share some similar life experiences.  Currently we both have young kids, but at the age of 8, his father died.  My father died when I was 6.  I know how that affected me growing up, and I think it affected him in a similar way.

So pumped for Saturday.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:11:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats! Have a great time
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:03:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Congrats! That's awesome. Saw him in Charlotte back in July. Great show.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:16:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll be at the show as well.  My wife is a huge fan of DMB and would be insanely jealous of your meet and greet passes.

I first saw them open for the Grateful Dead in 1995 in Las Vegas.  It was a great show and Carter sat in with the band during the drums sequence.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:21:39 AM EDT
[#4]
It only took 11 yrs as a warehouse member...

Do you have seats or out on the lawn?

We are section 102 row S, over on Boyd's side of the stage.  

This will be my 25th show, and my daughter's 1st.

Pumped
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:49:15 AM EDT
[#5]
We have seats but I'm not sure what section.  My BIL has the tickets and I won't see them until we get to Dallas.  Hopefully the weather cooperates and it isn't too hot or raining.

I'm not sure how many shows I've been to, but my wife and I try to make a couple every year.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:08:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Enjoy the show man.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:11:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn, car broke down half way there.  We are stuck at a truck stop waiting for our ride .

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top