Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2007 5:10:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/3/2007 5:11:05 AM EDT by RarestRX]
Hey,

Biggest fucking douche award goes to...

www.kpho.com/news/14756564/detail.html

1 Dead, 27 Hurt In 6-Car Crash
Good Samaritan Killed Aiding Stranded Motorist

MESA, Ariz. -- A good Samaritan was killed and 27 other people were hurt after he stopped to help a motorist whose hood had popped open on U.S. 60 in east Mesa, police said.

The incident started when a dark sedan, its hood up, stopped in the road two lanes from the shoulder.

The victim came to his aid. But soon after, five other vehicles struck the Xterra, the victim or one another, said Department of Public Safety Sgt. William Rogers said.

Three people were seriously injured, Rogers said.

The crash resulted in a lengthy traffic jam as emergency workers responded to nearly two dozen injuries.

DPS was forced to close a mile-long section of the highway's westbound lanes for 3 and a half hours.

As for the motorist with the problem hood, he left the scene.

That person does not face criminal or civil charges because he was not involved in the crash itself, Rogers said.

"If he was scared, he didn't need to be," Rogers said. "We just need to find out, from his angle, what happened."

The good Samaritan was a 61-year-old man from Laveen whose wife witnessed the incident from their sport utility vehicle. He was pronounced dead at the scene by emergency workers, Rogers said. The unidentified man was partially pinned underneath another vehicle.

"I would think if someone stopped to help me, I would stay and make sure they were all right," Rogers said.

The accident was preventable, DPS said.

"If your car is at all moveable, get it off the freeway so we don't have people walking on the actual roadway surface," Rogers said.

/end

Hmmm, person leaving the scene of an accident he caused...in Mesa, Arizona. Naaah, couldn't be.

Kevin "Impossible."
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:15:03 AM EDT
That sucks
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:23:40 AM EDT

Hmmm, person leaving the scene of an accident he caused...in Mesa, Arizona. Naaah, couldn't be an illegal.

Maybe he "forgot" his drivers license? . . .

CMOS
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:24:53 AM EDT
By and large, PEOPLE ARE SHIT. It's just that simple.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:28:18 AM EDT
That does suck. Reminds me of Battlefield players. I revive another someone, then get killed because I revived them rather than shooting the enemy, and they run off. Most of the time they are medics too.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:28:25 AM EDT
99% chance it was an illegal that fled the scene.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:31:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By azsavage:

Illegals? In Arizona?!

Surely you jest.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:48:16 AM EDT
another real example of the common folk wisdom....

No good deed goes unpunished!
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:53:41 AM EDT

Yup. But I'm sure that if we just give them drivers licenses to bring them out of the shadows of our society then this kind of thing wouldn't happen.

-K
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:20:28 AM EDT
Ya'll should know that there aren't any illegals in Mesa. Hell, you don't hit the US border until you get to Flagstaff!! I know at one point over 15000 were getting deported a week during the summer time. Oh yeah, the border fence works too!
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:25:56 AM EDT

That's racist.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:32:10 AM EDT
Well,

You guys are forgetting two things:

No.1 - The samaritan killed himself.

If you stop your car in a live lane of traffic on a highway, you are taking your life in your hands. At 80 to 100 feet per second travel speed, you are giving the other motorists maybe 1 or two seconds to see your car and go around it. Very very very dangerous. The smaritan dude should have pulled well off the road if he wanted to help.

I know this from working construction. People will drive right over cones, drive right into vehicles parked on the shoulder, even cop cars with flashing lights get crashed into.

Whenever you need to pull off the road, try to pull off as far as you can.

No.2 - Lawyers suck

We live in a world where people sue McDonald's for making the cofee too hot. Crooks sue their victims when they get cut on broken glass after breaking a window.

The guy that took off probably did so because he panicked at the prospect of getting sued by 50 different people because his car broke down.

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:36:19 AM EDT
that and he was most likely illegal
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 7:05:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By RarestRX:

Illegals? In Arizona?!

Surely you jest.

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 8:47:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By junebug68:

Something I keep trying to get my wife to understand.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 8:53:35 AM EDT

But that's un-possible! George W. Bush hisself said that they was all "good-hearted people" "just doing the jobs Americans won't"! Do you mean that George W. Bush might be talking out of his ass? Obviously, you're with the terrorists!
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 8:54:49 AM EDT

Originally Posted By junebug68:

A sad +1.
Top Top