Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2006 11:33:45 AM EDT
I'm looking for a good class that will give some real world instruction on fighting with a carbine. I'm a LE rifle instructor already, but those courses mostly cover basics and qualifications. Looking for something in the midwest, but might be willing to go further for the right situation.

I'll undoubtedly have to pay for it myself.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:20:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Urban Rifle at Thunder Ranch. Well worth the time and expense.  I never regretted for one minute the investment I made in it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:10:35 PM EDT
[#2]
if someone can tell me how to delete my own messages...
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:11:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Tactical carbine at ITTS. Loas Angeles.
www.internationaltactical.com/class_detail.asp?CSID=70
next class this month, 24 - 26.

I will be there.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:15:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Paying for yourself....in the midwest....looks like you're out of the Iowa area....

Check with Sully at Defensive Edge, you can find him and his contact information in the Industry Forum here.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:33:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Tactical Response's Fighting Rifle is a good course along with Scott Reitz's courses.  Pat Rogers and Randy Cain, from everything I've heard, are outstanding guys also.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:49:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Paying for yourself....in the midwest....looks like you're out of the Iowa area....

Check with Sully at Defensive Edge, you can find him and his contact information in the Industry Forum here.

+1 For Defensive Edge and Tactical Carbine course

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:57:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:12:04 PM EDT
[#8]
My personal experience has been with Pat Rogers and Larry Mudgett.  I am happy to report that they are excellent instructors.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:02:59 PM EDT
[#9]
How are the 5 day Blackwater courses?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:18:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
How are the 5 day Blackwater courses?

Excellent in my experience.  Lot of material covered and you spend a lot of time on the ranges out there.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:42:15 PM EDT
[#11]
thease guys are right on the illinois iowa border i belive

www.shoot-at-the-site.com/location.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top