Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 11/23/2003 11:49:24 AM EDT
This damn thing needs to DIE! $400 billion is just the camel's nose under the tent.

www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/11/23/elec04.medicare/

Medicare showdown brewing in Senate

From Ted Barrett
CNN Washington Bureau
Sunday, November 23, 2003 Posted: 3:09 PM EST (2009 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- After late-night lobbying helped Republicans get their Medicare bill through the House of Representatives by a squeaker of a vote, Senate Democrats vowed Sunday the bill would not emerge from their chamber.

The $400 billion bill offers seniors a prescription drug plan -- absent in the current Medicare program -- and allows insurance companies to compete with Medicare for seniors' business. But critics have said neither provisions lives up to its Republican hype and will ultimately do more harm than good.

Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Massachusetts, promised a filibuster, and other senators -- including Arizona Republican John McCain -- joined the fight as a potential Senate vote drew closer.

But Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, R-Tennessee, accused Democrats of playing partisan politics that will keep vital benefits from the nation's seniors. Frist has called a rare Sunday session of the Senate to debate the bill and promised a vote Monday.

"When you look at what's in this bill ... it's going to be hard for them to filibuster," said Frist, a physician, on CNN's "Late Edition with Wolf Blitzer." "I don't see how any of them can go home and say, 'We're not going to give you benefits we promised five or six years ago.' "

Sen. Joe Lieberman of Connecticut, a candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination, said the bill "literally raises the cost and lowers the coverage that (seniors) get ... and gives billions of dollars to special interest groups that the Republicans wanted to favor."

"The poison pills in the prescription drug benefit plan, as the Republicans have put it together, are threatening enough to millions of seniors whose coverage will be cut and are threatening enough to Medicare ... that I have a moral responsibility to do anything I can to keep it from being adopted," Lieberman said on "Late Edition." "So I will join the filibuster."

Two other senators campaigning for the Democratic nomination -- Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts and Sen. John Edwards of North Carolina -- said Saturday night that they would join the filibuster.

McCain, appearing with Kennedy on ABC's "This Week," said he, too, would join the filibuster, but for different reasons.

"I come from a different exact opposite point from Ted," McCain said. "He wants to make it bigger, I want to make it better."

McCain said the new program would fail and "add another $8 trillion in unfunded mandates that we're laying on our kids."

With that in mind -- added to the country's overall budget deficit -- the Arizonan questioned "what's ever happened to my party's fiscal discipline?"

"Somehow we've lost our way," he said. "And we are laying a terrible burden on the next generation of Americans."

The controversial legislation would add a prescription drug benefit to Medicare that many Democrats say falls far short of a real benefit, and would open the program to competition from private insurers, an action opponents say will raise the cost of Medicare for those who can least afford it.

Senate Minority Leader Tom Daschle told reporters Sunday that "the chances of defeating (the Medicare bill) are around 50-50."

"I think there's growing opposition to it," the South Dakota Democrat said. "The more people see, the more they dislike and the more concerned they become."

Daschle did not directly endorse a filibuster, however, saying that a number of Democrats wanted to focus "on the many short-comings of the legislation, not the process."

"That is exactly what we're going to do," he said. "We're going to be spending a lot of time talking about how bad this bill is. We have a number of other procedural options available to use and we're going to use each of them."

The bill passed the House by a narrow 220-215 vote, but only after House Republicans delayed the vote for nearly three hours while they and President Bush lobbied congress members to change their nay votes. Congressional officials said it was the longest roll-call vote on record.

While Bush hailed the vote as "significant progress toward improving the lives of America's senior citizens," Democrats angrily compared the delay to the contentious Florida recount in the 2000 presidential race.

"What happened in the House of Representatives in the dead of night was Florida 2000 all over again," Kennedy said in a statement after the vote. "It was a rigged vote. Republicans are playing politics with Medicare, and our seniors will pay the price."

Kennedy said he would drop his Senate filibuster if Republicans "give this bill a fair vote in the House."

Daschle continued that train of thought on Sunday, telling reporters that House Republicans "stole the vote and they ought to vote again."

"They ought to be embarrassed with the way that was handled," he said.

House Speaker Dennis Hastert, R-Illinois, responded by accusing House Democrats of threatening their colleagues' committee assignments if they supported the bill. He told Fox that Kennedy was trying "to deny people to have an up-or-down vote on health care in the U.S. Senate."

He responded to critics who said the prescription plan would still see seniors paying as much as 70 percent out of pocket by saying, "It's optional. You don't have to take it."

The full drug benefit would not go into effect until 2006, when it would be available for a monthly premium of $35. For now, Bush said, seniors will be eligible in about six months for a discount drug card "that would save them between 10 and 25 percent off the retail price of most drugs."

Supporters of the bill say the provision allowing direct competition between traditional Medicare and new private plans for providing seniors with more choice and lower costs, critics said the choice -- and the lower costs -- would only come for the wealthiest seniors.

Asked specifically if the bill would guarantee lower costs for seniors a decade from now, Hastert hedged.

"I'm guaranteeing that this is a chance to change health care, to give people more options, to be able to give them a choice," he said.

Opponents say the prescription drug portion does not address the real problem -- rising costs of prescription drugs -- and that the biggest beneficiaries of the bill are insurance companies and drug companies.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 12:00:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/23/2003 12:04:43 PM EDT by iamblades]
Yeah, but the dems want it to be 400 billion++ with no competition. So at this point we are pretty much screwed.

Neither party has the balls to stand up to the 'gimme entitlements' crowd. Even less where that crowd intersects with seniors.

Hope you like taxes..

:(
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 12:06:42 PM EDT
You shouldn't be too happy about the Energy Bill either. It's a pork fest and seems to be getting less support as the details are known. A billion dollar Mall in upstate New York? WTF A Hooter's restaurant in Shreveport? That's better but still pork.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 12:14:41 PM EDT
Somebody explain to me again why the taxpayers should be buying Meds for seniors?

Their improper retirement planning is not my problem.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 12:22:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/23/2003 12:25:16 PM EDT by Red_Beard]
yep, more fucking handouts

what's the point of a 2nd amendment if we'll hapily live with a majority voted 75% tax rate?

the republicans are buying geezer votes and giving hand outs to big business

the dems are opposing it because a) doing so hurts the republicans and b) the handouts aren't big enough

this country is FUKKED!
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 12:31:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AR15fan:
Somebody explain to me again why the taxpayers should be buying Meds for seniors?

To me, the bigger question is "What is the constitutional justification for any part of Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, et al.?"
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 12:48:32 PM EDT

AR15fan
11/23/2003 4:14:41 PM

AMEN!

It may sound a bit ruthless, but why should anyone one of us be REQUIRED by our government to carry someone who didn't think about planning ahead.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 12:54:11 PM EDT
No shit. You can tell what's coming when the AARP ad supporting it refers to it as a "good start."

Being on the same side as Kennedy, Schumer, et al, makes me feel somehow dirty, though.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 12:58:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Corporal_Chaos:

AR15fan
11/23/2003 4:14:41 PM

AMEN!

You just got another Amen! from the choir. Fvcking AARP won't be happy until there's FREE medical care for all seniors.

It may sound a bit ruthless, but why should anyone one of us be REQUIRED by our government to carry someone who didn't think about planning ahead.

Link Posted: 11/23/2003 1:13:30 PM EDT
To flame the fire a bit, Social Security is going to crash soon. The money we pay into goes to the Senior Citizens right now. Somewhere down the line when it stops, one generation is going to get screwed big time.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 1:17:29 PM EDT

jtb33
11/23/2003 5:13:30 PM

To flame the fire a bit, Social Security is going to crash soon. The money we pay into goes to the Senior Citizens right now. Somewhere down the line when it stops, one generation is going to get screwed big time.

Social Security, another fauxed government program. What ever happened to getting out what you pay in?
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 1:35:53 PM EDT
There are still fools out there that believe Social Security will be around for them when they retire. HA!

I agree that if anything is in a position to break the back of Government, that’s it. The politicians have painted themselves into a corner. There’s NO WAY IN HELL that ANY OF THEM will say “Sorry folks, it’s a fraud. We’ve run the numbers and the only way to make it work is to raise taxes by an ungodly percentage, cut benefits and make you wait longer to get them. Even then it’s going to be touch and go if we can pull it off.”

It’s a Ponzi scheme. Anyone with half a brain can see that. Any Citizen that tries to run such a racket would be in prison with the victims suing their asses off. Government does the same thing and they get more of our money and reelected.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 1:36:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jtb33:

I volunteer Gen X. Fuck it. Give people the option to stop paying now. Majority of Gen X would take it. Make it optional. Yeah, it would suck for a while, but the overall health of the nation requires it.
Why do dems love social security?
It ensures that senior citizens love big government more than their own family. Sickening, isn't it?
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 1:39:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Corporal_Chaos:

jtb33
11/23/2003 5:13:30 PM

Social Security, another fauxed government program. What ever happened to getting out what you pay in?

ill never see a goddamn penny of it....
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 1:45:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Sylvan:

I volunteer Gen X. Fuck it. Give people the option to stop paying now. Majority of Gen X would take it. Make it optional. Yeah, it would suck for a while, but the overall health of the nation requires it.
Why do dems love social security?
It ensures that senior citizens love big government more than their own family. Sickening, isn't it?

Agreed!

If ANYTHING needs an “exit strategy” it’s Social Security.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 1:51:55 PM EDT

That would be me getting screwed. According to something I read, Social Security will run out when I'm 63
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 2:04:32 PM EDT
We grew up in the 50's without Medicare. How did we do it?

I heard a guy (Bob Brinker) say today that we'd be more properly seeing to it that children got adequate health care. They're the unrepresented. I refuse to think of myself as part of the AARP or the generation of seniors who have hitched their wagon to government entitlements. I can only hope I'll actually be allowed to pay cash at the dentist, doctor or hospital. I'm sceptical.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 12:43:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 7:08:00 AM EDT
This pretty much says it all: [img]http://www.coxandforkum.com/archives/BitterPill-X.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 7:36:37 AM EDT
These assholes in DC just keep pouring gasoline on the fire.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 7:47:44 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 7:58:36 AM EDT
Social Security will be there 30 years from now. Do you honestly think the government would let that program go under? You will just have to pay 20% social security tax on top of your regular income tax. The politicians will wait for it to get critical and then they appeal to the nation to "save our way of life" and push through a huge tax increase.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 2:58:15 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Red_Beard: yep, more fucking handouts what's the point of a 2nd amendment if we'll hapily live with a majority voted 75% tax rate? the republicans are buying geezer votes and giving hand outs to big business the dems are opposing it because a) doing so hurts the republicans and b) the handouts aren't big enough this country is FUKKED!
View Quote
Actually, the only "geezers" supporting this bill are the one's who still think AARP looks out for their interests; and thousands of current members are turning in their membership. Being a "geezer" myself, who quit AARP years ago over their stand on firearms ownership, I understand that the organization is totally under the control of people who take payoffs from big businesses. Thy don't give a damn about their members. It's not a question of government handouts, or shouldn't be in any event. It's about medicines that cost 4 to 5 times more in the USA than in foreign countries. Why? Because the other governments don't let the pharaceutical companies gouge their citizens, and they don't allow MDs to take free Bahamas vacations courtesy of the drug companies; when the MDs prescribe their overpriced medicines. I'll go on Medicare next year, and I don't need the govt. to buy my meds. I just need them to make sure the goddam drug companies don't rip me off when I do need meds.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 4:13:38 AM EDT
It is just another example of the politicians buying votes with the taxpayers' money, and catering to pressure groups for the same bloc votes. Interestingly, I look at all the comments above and think of Se, Goldwater's opposition to the original plan. He said something along the lines of "people should be free to pay their own bills." Too many went for the "Something for nothing" nmot realizing trhere is no free lunch. Indeed, I would suggest that the early Medicare and other "Great Society" programs were the causes of high medical costs. There was a practically unlimited supply of money (government) for the existing goods and services. DUH!
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 4:17:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/25/2003 4:18:35 AM EDT by Scottman]
Just goes to show ya, Duncan is right. Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum are your two big choices. Nice of "Our Man" Bush to call in favors/apply pressure to get the needed votes. George W. Bush has begun what Hillary Clinton wanted desperately but could not accomplish. Scott
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 4:31:41 AM EDT
Gimme Gimme Gimme.... [snoopy]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:10:15 AM EDT
Medicare will go under long before Social Security. Having said that, why are we adding 400 billion dollars to a program that is known to be insolvent within 10 or so years? Wait until the boomers start retireing. Most have already spent what they earned...
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:49:07 AM EDT
Originally Posted By AR15fan: Somebody explain to me again why the taxpayers should be buying Meds for seniors? Their improper retirement planning is not my problem.
View Quote
Come talk to me in 20 years when you retire from your department and you need some meds and can't pay for them because they are so expensive. BTW, my grandfather retired from the army after twenty seven years, then whne on to work another ten in the private sector. He is currently lying in a hospital bed at home dying from cancer, guess who is paying his bill, yes medicair. They also payed his hospital bill for four days as he was lying there in pain from bone cancer, lung cancer and brain cancer. Guess what when he was 65 the insurance premiums were so hi that only a rich man could afford them. But then again medical care is so high that really only the rich can afford it. Based on your view point, my grandfather a world war 2 and korean war vet, a POW during world war 2, should just suffer because medical and prescription care is so expensive. Before you spout off about poor retirement planning, you might want to research what type of retirement benifit you have, because even with the best, whne you retire and sufer from a major illness, you ar15fan will be fucked. Imagine having invested wisely, you have say 3 million at retirement. You get sick and have to pay a minimus a 1000 dollars a day, just for a medical team. Then you have anywhere from 500 to a thousand dollars a month in prescriptions. lets see how long your money last. You can't go out and get a job, your sick, even if you could you are over 65 and the only job you will get is for minimum wage. Medicair is the only welfare program I support. after working your whole life and giving to this country the elderly should not be thrown aside. The last point, retirement plans for the elderly were not like they are now. Way back when the only real retirement options were military and civil service, some major corporations. You just did not have the options you do today. Somebody explain to me why taxpayers should be paying salaries of law enforcement, the same law enforcement who feel lowly civilians don't understand, therefore they should not have to answer to us, the taxpayers. Sean (law enforcement flame suit on)
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 6:10:11 AM EDT
quote eagle1911: Somebody explain to me why taxpayers should be paying salaries of law enforcement, the same law enforcement who feel lowly civilians don't understand, therefore they should not have to answer to us, the taxpayers.
View Quote
Pay their salaries because they provide a service. What does that have to do with medicare? Health care is not a right. Everyone has to die some day.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 12:38:07 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Red_Beard:
quote eagle1911: Somebody explain to me why taxpayers should be paying salaries of law enforcement, the same law enforcement who feel lowly civilians don't understand, therefore they should not have to answer to us, the taxpayers.
View Quote
Pay their salaries because they provide a service. What does that have to do with medicare? Health care is not a right. Everyone has to die some day.
View Quote
I will be sure to tell that to my grandpa as he is lying in bed in pain as the cancer eats away his body. Better yet, why don't I just give him one of my guns so he can blow his head off, after all everbody has to die someday. lets not make it last two months. I guess this means you feel that people who have payed more taxes, as well as payed longer than you, should just be thrown to the side. I have seen you make some callous remarks in the past, but this takes the cake. If someone you love is ever dying from a terminal disease. Do not post it on this board and expect sympathy from me. Sean
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 12:39:43 PM EDT
I also do not feel law enforcement provide a service. They right reports and investigate crimes. If they provided a service they would prevent crimes. Since, any cop will tell you they can not prevent crime what is their service?
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 1:13:23 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Scottman: Just goes to show ya, Duncan is right. Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum are your two big choices. Nice of "Our Man" Bush to call in favors/apply pressure to get the needed votes. George W. Bush has begun what Hillary Clinton wanted desperately but could not accomplish. Scott
View Quote
AYE!
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 1:26:00 PM EDT
I will be sure to tell that to my grandpa as he is lying in bed in pain as the cancer eats away his body. Better yet, why don't I just give him one of my guns so he can blow his head off, after all everbody has to die someday. lets not make it last two months.
View Quote
It's hard all over. The "starving kids in Africa" have a real shitty life too. What's the solution, komrad? Take all of the wealth in the world and split it up evenly to all humans?
I guess this means you feel that people who have payed more taxes, as well as payed longer than you, should just be thrown to the side.
View Quote
Yes, I do. The money they paid in is gone, spent by a wasteful and evil government. The only way .gov makes payments now is by taking funds from working people at gunpoint. That's not the right way to fund a pension. Two wrongs don't make a right. If your car is stolen, and not recovered, is it OK to go out and take by force your neighbors car as a replacement?
I have seen you make some callous remarks in the past, but this takes the cake. If someone you love is ever dying from a terminal disease. Do not post it on this board and expect sympathy from me. Sean
View Quote
Look, I'm real sorry to hear that your grandpas slowly dying. I just don't think I should be forced to pay for his medical expenses. I'm no saint. Charity is nice, but there's darn near boundless misery in the world and (the faithful will argue this) no utopia is going to come along and stop it all. How much should I give? How much have you given? Would your grandpa have died in combat to stop the communists from conquering America? Would you go out and shoot a stranger if that was the only way to get the funds needed to pay for his medical care?
I also do not feel law enforcement provide a service. They right reports and investigate crimes. If they provided a service they would prevent crimes. Since, any cop will tell you they can not prevent crime what is their service?
View Quote
Deterrence before the crime and punishment after. Maybe you should start another thread on this. It doesn't seem to be connected to the Medicare discussion.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:33:28 PM EDT
I will be sure to tell that to my grandpa as he is lying in bed in pain as the cancer eats away his body. Better yet, why don't I just give him one of my guns so he can blow his head off, after all everbody has to die someday. lets not make it last two months.
View Quote
It's hard all over. The "starving kids in Africa" have a real shitty life too. What's the solution, komrad? Take all of the wealth in the world and split it up evenly to all humans?
I guess this means you feel that people who have payed more taxes, as well as payed longer than you, should just be thrown to the side.
View Quote
Yes, I do. The money they paid in is gone, spent by a wasteful and evil government. The only way .gov makes payments now is by taking funds from working people at gunpoint. That's not the right way to fund a pension. Two wrongs don't make a right. If your car is stolen, and not recovered, is it OK to go out and take by force your neighbors car as a replacement?
I have seen you make some callous remarks in the past, but this takes the cake. If someone you love is ever dying from a terminal disease. Do not post it on this board and expect sympathy from me. Sean
View Quote
Look, I'm real sorry to hear that your grandpas slowly dying. I just don't think I should be forced to pay for his medical expenses. I'm no saint. Charity is nice, but there's darn near boundless misery in the world and (the faithful will argue this) no utopia is going to come along and stop it all. How much should I give? How much have you given? Would your grandpa have died in combat to stop the communists from conquering America? Would you go out and shoot a stranger if that was the only way to get the funds needed to pay for his medical care?
View Quote
Deterrence before the crime and punishment after. Maybe you should start another thread on this. It doesn't seem to be connected to the Medicare discussion.
View Quote
1. Just like Leo has nothing to do with medicare, neither do starving kids in africa. Because I agree with one welfare program, I am now a komrad. 2. So we punish the elderly for the governments fuck ups. 3. Since my grandfather served in the army until 1970, I would say he was more than willing to die fighting communist. Wait a minute he fought the communist in Korea and the Nazis in france, that is until he spent a year in a German POW camp. 4. No, I would not shoot a stranger, I would work more jobs, as does my family. We also have a family member with him 24 hours a day. 5. I have also payed my taxes. Maybe not a million dollars, but my share. So did he. It is not his fault the government fucked up. What is your solution. Come up with a magical age that we no longer care about people. What do you say: 65, 55, 45, 35, what age is right. Should we do genetic testing to see if people have the possibility of getting sick? There we go anyone whose family has history of terminal illness heres your tatoo go to the barricks over there and take a shower. As far as people not preparing for retirement. Tell me how can people born in the 20's 30's and forty's have possible prepared for the astonomical cost of healthcare today? It has only been in the last 20 to 30 years that mutual funds and IRA's have become popular. So how were people to prepare for retirement prior to that? What about insurance companies who set premimums so high for the elderly, that there is no way anybody but the rich can afford insurance. But wait a minute the rich can afford to go to the hospital. I currently have insurance through my employers. I have since 1996. I have also had 2 major surgeries since I first got insurance. The first was an emergency appendectomy. The second was when I blew my knee out playing a pick up game of football. The first one cost over 20000 dollars, the second right at 15000. What shoufl the elderly do in the event they have to have surgery? Die? As far as my comment to you about your family and serious illness, my apologies, you hit a nerve and I lashed out. I hope and pray you never have to go through it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:50:42 PM EDT
Originally Posted By eagle1911:As far as my comment to you about your family and serious illness, my apologies, you hit a nerve and I lashed out. I hope and pray you never have to go through it.
View Quote
no problem. already been through it. sometime i'll scan and post a page of my dad's hospital bill. that one page adds up to several times more than i make in a year. our family would have been bankrupt several times over if not for health insurance.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:58:29 PM EDT
4. No, I would not shoot a stranger, I would work more jobs, as does my family. We also have a family member with him 24 hours a day.
View Quote
yet the gov will shoot me for you if i refuse to have this money taken from me.
5. I have also payed my taxes. Maybe not a million dollars, but my share. So did he. It is not his fault the government fucked up.
View Quote
it's not my fault either. like i said above, if you get mugged and your cash stolen, do you go out and mug your neighbor to get some replacement cash?
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 6:04:10 PM EDT
Both Social Security & Medicare will stay because retirees vote. The politicians will bankrupt the country and kill every other program to keep these people happy. I do see means based requirements coming.(to punish the ants and please the more abundant grasshoppers) Medical care will become more socialized, and crappier, and take longer but it will still be there.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 6:15:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/25/2003 6:17:30 PM EDT by LARRYG]
Okay, when I retire, in probably 10 years or more, when my insurance would be probably $500 a month or more, screw me and I have a heart attack because my BP meds are too damned expensive? That seems to be what I am hearing. I got news for some of you guys, proper retirement planning ain't got shit to do with it when your meds cost everything you get from retirement. Nevermind that I have worked for the last 39 years, 4 of which were in the US military. Just fuck me, I suppose. Let's see how you are doing when you approach 60 and are having to take BP meds. And don't talk to me about living healthy, because anyone can develop hypertension. Some selfish, cold-hearted bastards on here.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 6:28:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/25/2003 6:30:21 PM EDT by Red_Beard]
Originally Posted By LARRYG:Some selfish, cold-hearted bastards on here.
View Quote
i assume we'll hear no complaints from you when the income tax rate hits 90% so that more food can be sent to this guy and his friends: [img]http://emeagwali.com/photos/biafra/starving-biafran-refugee-child.jpg[/img] in fact, you should sell a few guns to fund a donation. no? cold hearted bastard.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 6:34:55 PM EDT
View Quote
i assume we'll hear no complaints from you when the income tax rate hits 90% so that more food can be sent to this guy and his friends: [url]http://emeagwali.com/photos/biafra/starving-biafran-refugee-child.jpg[/url] in fact, you should sell a few guns to fund a donation. no? cold hearted bastard.
View Quote
I love how you twist things. "this guy and his friends" didn't work his whole life just to find out he can't afford a med that he needs just to stay alive. You guys call Boomers selfish, but we don't even come close to you clowns.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 6:38:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/25/2003 6:40:58 PM EDT by Red_Beard]
Originally Posted By LARRYG:
View Quote
i assume we'll hear no complaints from you when the income tax rate hits 90% so that more food can be sent to this guy and his friends: [url]http://emeagwali.com/photos/biafra/starving-biafran-refugee-child.jpg[/url] in fact, you should sell a few guns to fund a donation. no? cold hearted bastard.
View Quote
I love how you twist things. "this guy and his friends" didn't work his whole life just to find out he can't afford a med that he needs just to stay alive. You guys call Boomers selfish, but we don't even come close to you clowns.
View Quote
riiight. if your neighbor's car is stolen, I assume you'll be footing the bill to replace it. btw ... there are a things that I can't afford that would surely extend my life by a few years. should we set up a tax on the currently working so I can afford a personal trainer and top of the line health food groceries?
Top Top