Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/27/2005 9:19:23 PM EDT
Ever watch this show on Food Network with Alton Brown? Not only is it one of the best shows on Food Network, I'd say it's one of the best on TV period. He talks to you like a normal person, not like a chef, he goes through the history of whatever he's making, and he uses normal items around the kitchen. It's pretty fun and educational watching it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:20:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/27/2005 9:21:30 PM EDT by leelaw]
Alton Brown ROCKS!

I love how he explains the science and theories behind cooking in a fun way that you can understand. Keeps your attention.

Much better than that stupid bitch Rachael Ray while she's yelling at you to put more pepper action into EVERYTHING.

ETA: I was going to buy the set of Good Eats DVDs from Food Network, but they want $300 for it.. yeesh!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:22:42 PM EDT
Rachel Ray is fun to look at though.

Food Network really has some great programming. It's not just boring normal cooking shows. I LOVE Unwrapped.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:31:15 PM EDT
Alton Brown is very entertaining to watch. Although he is a grad of the same culinary school as I, I don't agree with every technique/ theory that he prescribes to. His dedication to food science is fantastic. All in all (IMHO) a good informative and thought provoking show, definately the best of The Food Network.

--VT
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:36:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Fly-Navy:

Food Network really has some great programming. It's not just boring normal cooking shows. I LOVE Unwrapped.

It's also fun to think about bending her over the center island in her kitchen. She's got some cushion in that ass.

I agree about AB. Best show on Food Network, and one of the top 5 on TV period. What's not to like?

He thinks the French are silly
He's from the South
He likes hardware
He blows off expensive one-off kitchen gadgets
His visual aids are fuckin' hilarious (I love the sock puppet yeast that eat, fart, and belch)
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:41:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By napalm:
It's also fun to think about bending her over the center island in her kitchen. She's got some cushion in that ass.

Holy god yes.

I agree about AB. Best show on Food Network, and one of the top 5 on TV period. What's not to like?

He thinks the French are silly
He's from the South
He likes hardware
He blows off expensive one-off kitchen gadgets
His visual aids are fuckin' hilarious (I love the sock puppet yeast that eat, fart, and belch)

I was JUST watching that episode when I posted this thread. Oh my god, I was in tears when I saw the yeast sock puppets.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:41:15 PM EDT
Best show on there.. Unwrapped and Iron Chef are the only other ones I watch..

Emeril sucks
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:44:40 PM EDT

Ever watch this show on Food Network with Alton Brown? Not only is it one of the best shows on Food Network, I'd say it's one of the best on TV period. He talks to you like a normal person, not like a chef, he goes through the history of whatever he's making, and he uses normal items around the kitchen. It's pretty fun and educational watching it.

Met the guy at the Ne Furniture Mart...Nice guy..
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:36:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Skammy:

Emeril sucks

Get out of my mind!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:42:16 PM EDT

I was JUST watching that episode when I posted this thread. Oh my god, I was in tears when I saw the yeast sock puppets.

That yeast sock puppet thing is a running gag. I've seen in a few times.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:43:04 PM EDT

Emeril sucks

AB makes fun of Emeril. I've seen several references to 'bammage' in the show, and he always rolls his eyes when it's said.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:46:34 PM EDT

)

Na, too young. Now Giada on the other hand...my goodness, perfect rack and she shows it off.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:50:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:32:16 PM EDT
If anyone has a video clip of the yeast puppets, I would be grateful.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:38:05 PM EDT
Yep I love that show due to the science & the fact he gives you the entire recipie on air
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:38:26 PM EDT
"Hey, you mess around with this, and you too will know the special joy, of counting your bathroom floor tiles.......for the third time...... in ONE seating....... I mean it."

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:39:06 PM EDT
Alton rocks,but as far as Emeril is concerned I am from Louisiana and that shit he tries to pass off as cajun/creole is bullshit.Rachael Ray is a hottie or as we call her around my house,"joker mouth".
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:41:30 PM EDT
Great show!

Giada, Sandra Lee and Paula Deen (she's like "Cooking With One Fat Southern Lady") are fun to watch too for different reasons.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:42:17 PM EDT
My neighbors daughter works on the show for AB. I've seen her a few times, and my neighbor says that the female hands you see belong to her.

Rick
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:42:30 PM EDT
I saw him at the show in Austin also. He made a comment that the Food Network is going to change their name to the "Rachel Ray Channel". BTW- any of you guys see her pics in Maxim magazine.....hock.gif
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:43:00 PM EDT
Giada and "Everyday Italian" for me.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:43:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By tinstar_1977:
I saw him at the show in Austin also. He made a comment that the Food Network is going to change their name to the "Rachel Ray Channel". BTW- any of you guys see her pics in Maxim magazine.....

They'd never change it from what it is now, the "Emeril Channel"

That guy bugs me
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:46:23 PM EDT
Good Eats with Alton Brown (a graduate of the New England Culinary Institute) is a very entertaining and informative show. I love watching it as well.

Rachel Ray, however, is a fat ass. If I hear her say E.V.O.O. one more time, I will shove it in her pooper.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:46:43 PM EDT
He lives not too far from me, in the North Alpharetta, south Forsyth area. He shops at Northpoint Mall and Harry's (whole foods) on Hembree Rd. Even the Kroger at 3 silos in Crabapple.

This means shit to most people, but I have lived in the area 15 years, so it is cool to see places I go to in the show.

One day I am sure I will run into him and get a job as a sidekick, to get out of this shitty IT thing.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:50:34 PM EDT
Rachel's a babe!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:53:05 PM EDT

Rachel Ray, however, is a fat ass. If I hear her say E.V.O.O. one more time, I will shove it in her pooper.

Hell, I'd do that anyway! Alton is great though, did you see the muffin episode where he was baking for his brother who is in jail? Priceless!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:53:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/28/2005 2:01:26 PM EDT by DienBienPhu54]
Alton Brown , Unwrapped are my favorite shows

another favorite is the special show they made about cooking in the old "Colonial days" how they used to prepare foods back in the colonial times, that was interesting.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:53:29 PM EDT
good food, good presentation, good sense of humor
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:59:31 PM EDT
I like Alton. I like Unwrapped. Rachel, I don't care either way.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:06:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Keith_J:

)

Na, too young. Now Giada on the other hand...my goodness, perfect rack and she shows it off.

Maybe for you; she's just right for me.

Who's Giada?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:09:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By effinNewGuy:

I just want to slap her when she thrashes pronnouncing "Par-mee-JAN-O Rej-JE-an-O"

And the "pepper action" fer cryin' out lout, she puts peppers in EVERYTHING!

YUM-O!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:09:50 PM EDT

Good Eats with Alton Brown (a graduate of the New England Culinary Institute) is a very entertaining and informative show. I love watching it as well.

Holy crap, dude!

That's fat to you?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:10:51 PM EDT
Alton Brown is cool in a scientific/foodie sort of manner. He speaks and acts normally and would be a hoot at a neighborhood BBQ.
Rachel Ray is eye candy. I can't remember one menu item but those sweater pups.....YIKES
Mario Batali has some good ideas on Italian cuisine.
Iron Chef rocks. Iron Chef America pounds sand,

Food Network....History Channel...ESPN...that's it

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:15:30 PM EDT
Rachel Ray is the most obvious candidate for implants I have ever seen. Hot otherwise, but she has the chest of a 12 year old.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:24:57 PM EDT
Love Good Eats! That is the best show. He puts it so you can understand what and why. I like Unwrapped, some interesting stuff there. Paula Deen, well, if the cooks a little heavy, the food must be good...cause she's like me, done lots of samplin!

Gus
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:31:26 PM EDT

Yea.. I think a nice trip to the eye doctor will cure those vision problems right up.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:44:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DOW:
Rachel Ray is the most obvious candidate for implants I have ever seen. Hot otherwise, but she has the chest of a 12 year old.

I can work wonders with small boobies and save her thousands$$$.

Danny
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 3:21:13 PM EDT
Best show on the food network! He's the food network's version of Bill Nye!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 3:44:27 PM EDT

BOTD More.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 3:46:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By leelaw:
ETA: I was going to buy the set of Good Eats DVDs from Food Network, but they want $300 for it.. yeesh!

Arm yourself with a Bit Torrent client and go here:

www2.digitaldistractions.org:8080/torrents.php

The earlier episodes are kinda low resolution, but the later ones are much better.

Good Eats is the best show on TV. Period.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 3:47:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jmindler:
www.durzy.com/pics/rachel3.JPG

BOTD More.

This thread is dedicated to the worship of The Alton! Begone!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 3:50:40 PM EDT
Yessir great show......watch it all the time
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 3:53:02 PM EDT
Good Eats is a great show. The geeky humor is a bit over the top for me, but you can learn a lot from AB's show. I got the DVR set to record them.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:18:05 PM EDT

I want to scream at how she butchers culinary terms.

Alton kicks ass, Giada's is my favorite show. Sandra Lee's makeup is so thick you could trace your name in it. Emeril really is not that great of a cook. My chef intructor went to school with him and said he didn't do jack shit.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:50:21 PM EDT
I used to watch, know i don't know when he's on. He kicks ass at cooking though.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:19:26 PM EDT
I agree totally about Alton.

Emeril gets on my nerves, the egocentric SOB.

Rachel Ray? She seems to have a serious maturity problem. Also, I believe you would strike her mute, if you tied her hands down. Some call it a bubbly personality, I call it irritating. She's about 40, she needs to act a little closer to her real age.

Bob
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:54:20 PM EDT
I like that one cooking show with the guyand his gadgets, has one of them ovens that sit on the counter and even made a pocket fishing pole. The Ron Popiel Show or something, he shows you how to cook everything easy-like. None of the others can compare.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:59:40 PM EDT

Emeril sucks

Emril used to be good.

Now he's just out for the camera attention, rather then showing how to cook.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:05:22 PM EDT
Alton Brown has used Monty Python references in his show several times.

How can you not like such a guy?

As for Rachel Ray, were I a less moral man, she would certainly be on my list to be less moral with. I get the distinct impression that she is a fun gal to be around, in or out of the bedroom.
Top Top