Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2005 1:02:02 PM EDT
How do you get over getting made and think you are going to make the shot? I need to get that, it seems that every round I seem to get mad and there goes the score on the hole.

Notice:Before the first anti golf comment. In Inside the USGA this month, they talked about how the troops in Iraq are playing golf in the spare time and how the USGA donated clubs and golf balls to them to help them pass the time. So think about how the country's best play golf and they don't think that it is for 'wimps'. Keep your anti golf comments to yourself.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:04:29 PM EDT
[#1]
don't try to beat the shit out of the ball, just swing at half power to get your shots strait.  Once you can do that all day long hitting hard should be no problem.  As far as getting mad just drink while you are playing....well I don't know if that will help or make it worse.  but just remember its only a game.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:06:13 PM EDT
[#2]
SERENITY NOW!!!

I never really get mad on the course.  Pissed, yes.  But never really mad.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:10:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
SERENITY NOW!!!

I get pissed when I knock it stiff on a par 3 and miss the putt.

Or when I crush a drive and f@ch-up the next shot.
Or when I can win the hole and pussy putt the ball 2 feet short.

And that was just yesterday.........Given time I sure I can come up with alot more things.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:11:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
don't try to beat the shit out of the ball, just swing at half power to get your shots strait.  Once you can do that all day long hitting hard should be no problem.  As far as getting mad just drink while you are playing....well I don't know if that will help or make it worse.  but just remember its only a game.

yeah, what he said ...
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:11:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Easiest way to avoid getting mad:  Double par.  Now unless you REALLY screw up, you'll be under par.

Actually I don't get mad, regardless of how crappy I'm playing.  Then again, I play for the excercise, and just to be outside.  Its all about your frame of mind.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:16:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't play, never have played, but might like to. My boss plays a lot, but confesses that the syndrome you describe is by far the toughest part of the game to him. The thing is, he's a pretty good golfer. He usually shoots like 5-6 over par on 18, which I would say is pretty damn good. However, he really beats himself up for blowing a chip out of the sand or muffing a short putt. It's pretty interesting to hear him talk about it. On the other hand, it kind of baffles me why he would let something he enjoys so much take such an emotional toll on him.

BTW, my nephew in Fallujah (USN HM3) plays golf every chance he gets!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:11:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
SERENITY NOW!!!

That is what I mean. I never get mad except inside of my mind. I need to know how not to.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:22:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I get pissed when I knock it stiff on a par 3 and miss the putt.

Or when I crush a drive and f@ch-up the next shot.
Or when I can win the hole and pussy putt the ball 2 feet short.

And that was just yesterday.........Given time I sure I can come up with alot more things.

Bingo. The anger comes with "what could
have been." One yoink OB ruins the round.
This is my biggest problem with consistently
breaking 80. I always have one big hole
per round (double or worse). So, I am like
3 over on 15 holes and 7 over on three holes.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:25:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Short memory and never keep up with your score when you are playing good.  Add it up when you're through.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:25:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I never get upset when target shooting.  Even when I hit outta the ring I am aiming for.

Something about Golf just pisses you completely off.   More than once I've wanted to throw my sticks into a water hazard or just break em in half.  Then I remember what they cost.

Never felt like throwin my guns over the berm......weird?!*#*!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top