Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2006 8:06:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:10:03 PM EDT
[#1]
The only way I can view it slower is to push pause quickly. Then it plays in "slow" motion.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:11:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like a decent swing to me. The vid is light speed, but I didn't see anything too off key.

Stance
Head down
Follow through
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:23:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Your follow-through needs work.  Look at the club after you've swung; it's too high -- up near your shoulder.  I'll bet you slice.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:25:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I slice, I hook, I go straight.

I feel like I have the same swing always (I've been golfing since I was about 10), but every shot is different.  I seldom get two repeatable outcomes.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:27:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Keep your head down.

That's all I can tell from this one swing.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:30:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I slice, I hook, I go straight.

I feel like I have the same swing always (I've been golfing since I was about 10), but every shot is different.  I seldom get two repeatable outcomes.

I had the same problem.  I got lessons where the club pro starting me back at the basics.  I hit pretty well now.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:32:19 PM EDT
[#7]
here is a video of aaron baddeley for comparison.

aaron baddeley
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:35:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Can't tell too much from the video, but maybe your backswing is a bit too fast?  what kind of distances are you hitting?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:37:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
here is a video of aaron baddeley for comparison.

aaron baddeley

His follow-through is more fluid than yours.  His head is always in the same position too.

Consider lessons; they really do help.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:44:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Your back swing looks good = good position.  Main problem with the swing is the position of your body at impact.  I put you on a swing program I have and compared your swing to various pros.  Here is what I could see.   If you pause the swing at the point of impact you will see it also.  Your hips have not cleared at all.  meaning at point of impact your left side should have cleared for your hands to come through.  You should be able to see your ass at point of impact.
This may not be the reason for you inconsist ball flight its just some I can see that is not quite right.  
To really break down a swing with the program I have you need alot of swings to work with so you can see tendancies.
Take it for what its worth, Im no pro just a 3 handicapper that helps out with the local highschool team.h.gif
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:41:28 AM EDT
[#11]
I thought at moment of impact, I was supposed to be in the same position as when addressing the ball.  I was actually focusing on trying to do that.  Now, since you said that about my hips, I kinda remember that.  I should be turning my hips toward the target first, then my arms, hands, and club will follow, right?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:10:09 AM EDT
[#12]
You are using a tool that is completely unsuited for the desired task of propelling the little white projectile.  

Get one of these:

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:46:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Hey Happy! YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU SUCK!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:50:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Once you get to the top you let your hips open up.  This causes your arms and hands to be pushed over top of your swing plane.  To correct you have to close the face on your wood to make it go straight.   You also don't finish on your front foot and you pretty much quit at impact.

Let me guess - your most common misses are pull fades and snap hooks?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:55:11 AM EDT
[#15]
hard to say with that vid, but you're definelty standing up too tall at/after impact.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:44:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah.

I golfed 18 today.  Felt like I was hitting everything right(edited, "correct" not "right").  Got 3 pars in a row on the front (should have been 5 pars in a row, but missed two easy putts).  Got 2 pars on the back.

Still shot  a 98.  Fuck this game.

Not too many snap hooks.  Mostly a dying fade that goes about 10 yards to the right, and 20 yards short.  Occasionally, I pull the irons hard to the left, but not really in a snap hook fashion.  A few times a round, I do get a snap hook though.

Also, today I noticed that I was creaming the hell out of my driver.  The other three in my group were amazed at how far and high the ball looked like it was going.  But when we'd get out there, the ball was right next to the ball mark (inches away).  Distance was only about 240.  I'm in SEattle, still a bit wet.  No roll at all.  My swing seems to be more of an iron swing, steep descending blow.

I will focus on:
Turning hips at beginning of down swing.
Shifting weight to left foot.  
How can I not be "quitting at impact?"  Is there a drill or a key to focus on?

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:47:10 PM EDT
[#17]
The video is too short to really tell. You need the whole swing on video including your takeaway. Anybody that tries to give advice based on that clip isn't going to be able to really help you.

Get the little red book by harvey penick. Read it several times. Then go out to the range or the course.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:49:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Editted: Nevermind, just paused it at the wrong point.

Edited 2: Misspelled Edited
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:57:58 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm a shooter not a golfer but I love to golf.  Take lessons and hit alot, most of all have fun.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:24:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Better than mine, but that's not saying much
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top