Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/27/2009 10:56:21 AM EDT
It is one of those 'all you can eat' type buffet places.

Wife and I went for breakfast on Sunday, it was ok for buffet style dining.

You should have seen the amount of food some of the people in there were stuffing themselves with. Disgusting displays of gluttony

I wonder if they kick people out if they stay too long?  I don't see how they can make any money if people are putting away that amount of food for a fixed price.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:58:01 AM EDT
[#1]
None in MN.

We have a place called Old Country Buffet, decent food.

Breakfast buffet is the best of the 3 meals.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:58:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Meh.

There's a Ryan's here nearby - the salad bar is decent, but the rest of the food is just 'meh'.

A good buffet is a thing of beauty - but there are few truly GOOD buffets.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:58:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I think they are ok for the breakfast but other than that pretty craptastic!

ETA: best breakfast buffet I have ever been to is shady maple. in lancaster, pa.....mmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:58:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Around here they are filthy and the food is mediocre at best.  Good rolls though.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:58:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Meh.

There's a Ryan's here nearby - the salad bar is decent, but the rest of the food is just 'meh'.

Seafood Buffet at The Rio in Vegas is one great buffet.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:59:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Golden Corral, ah, it has been too long.... good food
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:00:32 AM EDT
[#7]

My in-laws call it the trough.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:02:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
None in MN.

Isn't that the name of the place imbroglio used to post about?

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:03:00 AM EDT
[#9]

That was our last meal on the ride from MEPS to Parris Island. Shall I tell you how hard it is to stay awake in processing with a stomach full of ass steaks and dried up potato wedges? I'm pretty sure I don't have to tell you the DI's frowned on you nodding off as they were explaining all the things that us nasty recruits would have to survive to leave the island alive.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:03:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, get the guy with the steaks to give you a whole one, ours here are great places to eat.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:04:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Golden Corral, ah, it has been too long.... good food

+1.  They have the absolute best pot roast I've ever eaten...  Ever.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:04:23 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

None in MN.

Isn't that the name of the place imbroglio used to post about?

You caught me!

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:05:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
None in MN.

Fat guy I work with is addicted to that place.  He is known as "The Notorious O.C.B."
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:05:39 AM EDT
[#14]
We go there once in a while.  OK, bst to get there early in the meal service.  Lunch is lower cost than dinner, which pretty much all the same stuff.

Over-eating is the order of the day
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:05:39 AM EDT
[#15]
I went to eat at one in NC, and the entire restaurant was either over 300lbs or muslims.

It was strange.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:05:44 AM EDT
[#16]
The food really isn't too bad, but the majority of the clients give it a "fatty trough" atmosphere.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:06:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Nay.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:06:20 AM EDT
[#18]
It's called the Golden Ghetto in N. Little Rock , Arkansas.

Food is good though
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:06:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Meh.

This man is wise.

I haven't had Golden Corral in 16-17 years. I liked it then but I was only 11 or 12 so my tastes might have been different.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:07:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Place sucks donkey balls. Horrible food.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:08:28 AM EDT
[#21]
I believe GC killed someone in Georgia with salmonella not that many years ago... lemme see if I can find it.

Found it - and yes, over 20 people fell ill, one case was fatal:  linky

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:09:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Massive nay on chain buffet restaurants.

Quantity is definately not greater than quality.... unless, of course, you're a family of poor, fat pigs who don't mind eating bacteria-laden casserole dishes that the unsupervised 4 year-old sitting kid three tables away just poked with his snot encrusted booger hook.

We call it the Golden Feedbag. Just strap on the bag and start chewing.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:10:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Massive nay on chain buffet restaurants.

Quantity is definately not greater than quality.... unless, of course, you're a family of poor, fat pigs who don't mind eating bacteria-laden casserole dishes that the unsupervised 4 year old kid three tables away just poked with his snot encrusted booger hook.

Awesome avatar man :-)
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:10:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Always take baggies and foil.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:12:34 AM EDT
[#25]
I think that it all depends on the particular establishment.

The one in Frederick, MD is pretty new, good food, and the staff does a good job of
keeping up on food item stock, cleaning tables, etc. Same with the one in Manassas,
VA - it's always busy, and has a good

The one down near my in-laws, outside of Culpeper, VA is a hole, and if it was me
paying the bill, I'd never darken their doorway again. But it's near her parent's place,
and it's almost like a ritual now that when we go down for the holiday's, we have to
eat breakfast there one morning. He insists on paying, so hey, it's free, so I guess I
wont' fuss too loud... Foods not bad if you get there early, but the place is in
desperate need of being flattened by a ton or so of Tannerite and being rebuilt up to
modern standards.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:12:37 AM EDT
[#26]
stay away.  any place that has fat back on the buffet is a no-go.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:16:49 AM EDT
[#27]
The Golden Corral across from my apartment complex needs to change it's name to Ghetto Corral. It's clientele changed drastically after lower interest rates changed and allowed respectable people in the burbs to buy houses, with the thugz moving in from Detroit to replace the good tenants. I have seen some serious shit go down in their parking lot and LEO is called there once or twice a week to break up a fight or haul someone away. They only serve breakfast on Sundays, and that's the only day the ghettofabulous crowd allows them any peace-and that's because Momma's there with the rest of the family after church gets out.

I'm getting so tired of these fuckheads shitting in my city.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:16:52 AM EDT
[#28]
We go somewhat regularly. They just remodeled the one closest to us. It's nice but I think the food quality has gone down. The steaks used to actually be pretty good but now it's a crapshoot. They added Chinese and Mexican which suck. The fried chicken, fish/shrimp, and veggies are still pretty good. The desserts are awesome. Our radio club meets their for breakfast once a month. I don't like to go but I'm an officer. I think their breakfast sucks.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:19:36 AM EDT
[#29]
I've never had a bad buffet meal at a Marriott hotel, but you won't be paying $5.99 either.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:19:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Let me understand this: You went to an all-you-want buffet and you were offended by people eating...all they wanted.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:20:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:20:56 AM EDT
[#32]
NO....a friend of mine got food poisoning from there..we have one here in Green Bay....LOW QUALITY food.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:21:53 AM EDT
[#33]
As I said in the last Golden Corral thread:

Quantity has a quality all its own.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:24:10 AM EDT
[#34]
A buffet is for stuffing as much food as possible into the lard-asses of our society, and truckers.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:25:01 AM EDT
[#35]
nay
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:27:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The Golden Corral across from my apartment complex needs to change it's name to Ghetto Corral. It's clientele changed drastically after lower interest rates changed and allowed respectable people in the burbs to buy houses, with the thugz moving in from Detroit to replace the good tenants. I have seen some serious shit go down in their parking lot and LEO is called there once or twice a week to break up a fight or haul someone away. They only serve breakfast on Sundays, and that's the only day the ghettofabulous crowd allows them any peace-and that's because Momma's there with the rest of the family after church gets out.

I'm getting so tired of these fuckheads shitting in my city.

Same for the one in Omaha...

Mostly 300+ pounders eating there and illegals working there.

No thanks.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:28:30 AM EDT
[#37]
I used to work at one in college. I still eat there from time to time. And yes, it's ridiculous the amounts of food one person can put away. I don't get it - I go there wanting to stuff my face and I can do maybe 2 plates at best (even back when I was eating for three!)

My husband calls it the Golden Trough. I think it's a universally fitting nickname. If you ever need to teach your kids an example of what NOT to do at the table, bring them to Golden Corral.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:29:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Not into the all-you-can-eats.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:31:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The buffet at the Bellagio in LV The Best Buffet Evar.    

I agree they do have a very good buffet , the RIO has a good one , the Palazzo also, was out there for SHOT 2008 , the Flamingo's steakhouse 46 is an awesome  4 star steakhouse...

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:37:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Around here they are filthy and the food is mediocre at best.  Good rolls though.

Yeah. All that shit comes from institutional sized cans.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:41:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Breakfast is so so, the rest is

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:43:44 AM EDT
[#42]
The only thing more disgusting than the food at the Golden Corral is the clientelle
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:44:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Meh.

Rio has one of the best damn buffets in the world  iimho.

Golden Corral is ok.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:44:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Never been to Golden Corral but I've come close-saw the line and decided to go to Cheddar's across the street.  I've been to Old Country Buffet many times over the years.  

OCB is good for what it is.  I miss Shoney's.  That was good stuff but I've seen them recently in the South only.   There's a restaurant in Bourbonnais IL called Coyote Canyon that's a steak buffet.  Good stuff, and I like their sweet tea.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:44:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree they do have a very good buffet , the RIO has a good one , the Palazzo also, was out there for SHOT 2008 , the Flamingo's steakhouse 46 is an awesome  4 star steakhouse...

Negative, the Mirage
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:45:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Always take baggies and foil.  

or a trench coat lined with tupper ware
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:46:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I prefer the one at the RIO.

But Bellagio is the best breakfast buffet IMHO.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:46:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
None in MN.

I miss OCB here in Texas...
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:49:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Negative, the Mirage

Negative. The only reason to go to the Mirage is to eat at Carnegie's Deli or play poker.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:49:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Worst fucking food ever.

Dirty partons, dirty employees, cheap, low quality shitty food.

I can find better food in a mcdonalds dumpster.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top