Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/18/2006 11:22:34 AM EST
Here's the deal. I have some gold jewelry that my ex-wife bought me years ago. Some of it is 10k gold and some is 14K gold. Where is the best place to sell it? What price might I get for it? I have no idea how this works. Hell, I would be happy if I got enough cash to get a couple more mags for my P226. Anyone in the pawn shop or jewelry business out there? Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:23:11 AM EST

Originally Posted By junebug68:
Here's the deal. I have some gold jewelry that my ex-wife bought me years ago. Some of it is 10k gold and some is 14K gold. Where is the best place to sell it? What price might I get for it? I have no idea how this works. Hell, I would be happy if I got enough cash to get a couple more mags for my P226. Anyone in the pawn shop or jewelry business out there? Thanks.

Appropriate name for this question (Junebug Spade!)
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:28:17 AM EST
Some jewelry stores will buy it back by weight.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:28:50 AM EST
Pawn shop will usually give you near spot price for gold.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:31:51 AM EST

Originally Posted By Ineedhelp:

What's that mean?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:37:57 AM EST
kitco

spot price right now is 610-620 an oz. of course the 10k would be much discounted, also the 14k. pure gold is 24k, so your jewelry is right around 50% gold. so you'd probably get 300 an oz, i guess. I don't think the other allow metals really add much to the value. silver is around 13-14 so that might get you 305ish for 50% silver, 50% gold. I don't know which metals are used to alloy gold though.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:38:42 AM EST

What's that mean?

The daily market price.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:39:04 AM EST

What's that mean?

Spot price is the market trading price for raw assayed ore, volume may vary, there is a 15% charge and whatever the mint charges for refining and stricking a round or bar.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:42:24 AM EST

how much does the jewelry weigh?

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:50:31 AM EST

Originally Posted By danonly:

how much does the jewelry weigh?

I don't really know offhand. I should really weigh it.
Top Top