Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2002 5:54:12 AM EDT
I'll let you guys know how it was, so far NY Newsday gave it 4 stars...
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 5:56:41 AM EDT
[#1]
From everything I've seen about it so far, it looks to be a neat movie.  The FX are gonna be great.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 6:12:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm hitting the 11am show too.  Just got back from the range.  [:D]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 9:42:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Back.  My thoughts without giving anything away.  Very good movie.  I'll buy the DVD when it comes out... but there was something missing.  I needed more action or something.

Btw, William Dafoe was perfect for the Green Goblin.  His laugh/cackle... was perfect.  

Waverunner, your thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 10:04:51 AM EDT
[#4]
We are going to see it tonight at the biggest theatre in town. Should be fun.

Spiderman is an everyday superhero, not a billionaire or an alien.

Hulk looks like it will be cool too.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 10:12:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Going at 3PM today with some coworkers-- I hope its a good movie.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 11:19:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Outstanding Flick!

Kristen Dunst is a gorgeous frickin' hottie!
The storyline remained fairly faithful to the original comic with a couple of minor twists.

Go see it...
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 11:25:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Goin today can't wait. [BD]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 4:44:29 PM EDT
[#8]
tell me your not really a cop[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 4:47:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Saw it, it was good. Really liked the scene with The macho man randy savage=)

Paper
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 5:31:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
..sure he is,[rolleyes]who do you think puts the bat signal in the sky in gotham city[;)]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 5:33:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Seen it twice so far. Probably a few more times while it's in the theater. Then the DVD and then wait for Spider-Man 2. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 5:37:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 7:50:19 PM EDT
[#13]
the years of wait were well worth it!

Is it cinematic masterpiece? no.

Is it everything a comic movie should be?  Oh YEAH... and then some

[img]http://www.dfcreative.com/spidey.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 8:02:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 8:41:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Great flick! Special effects were fantastic.[bounce]
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 12:59:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dude, what does that have to do with the Spiderman movie?
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 4:15:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote
...I recently retired,and have seen the fresh blood LEO's.Not that I'd lump all younger LEO's in he same boat of course.I guess I was in a[red] "mood"[/red] yesterday.Everyone has their own interests.I have a few names here,i'm mags also.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 4:20:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 4:22:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote
...I recently retired,and have seen the fresh blood LEO's.Not that I'd lump all younger LEO's in he same boat of course.I guess I was in a[red] "mood"[/red] yesterday.Everyone has their own interests.I have a few names here,i'm mags also.
View Quote

10-4, Please, just tell me it get's better when you retire right? Take care.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 4:24:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a few names here,i'm mags also.
View Quote

Why?
View Quote
..cyber back-up!
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 4:36:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Excellent movie.  I went last night with my 13yo daughter, we bought tickets early & when we got there, the theater was nearly full.  We wound up sitting in the FRONT ROW.  Oy.  

Peter Parker looks a lot like a guy I grew up with.  Anybody remember the comic book PP got bit by a "radiactive" spider?  The movie has him getting bitten by a "genetically altered" spider.  Excellent swinging through the streets scenes.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 8:09:21 AM EDT
[#22]
We took the kids to see it last night, and were very entertained.  Spidey didn't do as much wise-cracking as he does in the comics, but overall it was a great movie.

After the movie, I was talking to the theatre manager, and swapped him one of the Spiderman window sticker displays in the theatre for allowing him to shoot my M16.  Damn, ya gotta love small town Texas living! [:D]
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 8:51:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Damn entertaining! A movie I have been waiting for for about 30 years and it didn't dissapoint. Looking forward to a sequel, I'm hoping it has Doctor Octopus in it!

Oh yeah...and although I did see a LAAAAATE showing (12:15 am), I did notice they were selling Star Wars tickets and picked mine up! A double shot of good!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 9:05:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Nice movie and well worth the $4.00/person that I paid.

One thing that bothers me though is the difference in how Spiderman got his powers. In the original marvel comics that I have read when I was a kid, he got his powers from being bitten by a radioactive spider. In the movie, he was bitten by one that was genetically altered.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 4:04:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 4:13:24 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm not really bothered by the radioactive/genetically mutated spider thing.

Nuclear science was the cutting-edge, mystery science back in the 50's.  Genetic engineering is like that today.  And (according to comic book science) what would radiation do but alter your genes to give you super-powers?  We all know radiation doesn't do that (except to cause cancer), so no biggie to make the spider genectically-altered.  

When this movie was being filmed, the superfans went apeshit over the webs being spun from glands in Parker's arms, instead of artifical webslingers he built himself.

In the end, it really doesn't matter, does it?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top