Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/9/2006 6:02:44 AM EDT
I am two hours away from a HUGE job interview, which will cover two whole days, for a killer position.

If I get it, it will be a blessing second only to the birth of my children. Money, title, location, stability, everything.

I am qualified, but I'm also nervous as all hell. That's unusual for me, and perhaps a good sign. At least I won't be cocky.

Prayers would be appreciated. Will advise.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:04:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Rub one out before you go.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:04:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I am two hours away from a HUGE job interview, which will cover two whole days, for a killer position.

If I get it, it will be a blessing second only to the birth of my children. Money, title, location, stability, everything.

I am qualified, but I'm also nervous as all hell. That's unusual for me, and perhaps a good sign. At least I won't be cocky.

Thanks.

You will do fine!
We are pulling for ya!!!

Please keep us posted!
CH
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:05:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

And make sure to yell w00t! at some point during the interview!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:10:11 AM EDT
[#4]
good luck man
keep some kleenex in your pocket so you dont have clamy hands
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:19:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

to both comments!

Wouldn't it be funny if one of them responded "IBTL!"
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:26:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Good luck bro.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:26:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Got one coming up myself on Monday, so I know how you feel. Relax and be yourself. A "full employment prayer" on the way....
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:28:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

If they try to get you to quantify anything, hit them with good old, 87!

"So, Zap...  How long have you been interested in this position"

"87 days, Sir!"
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:28:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Which one?  Where...Michigan?  Northern VA?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:29:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't worry you'll do well.

Just try to be yourself.

Remember those people on the otherside of the table probably feel the same way as you do.  They are putting a lot on line themselves to hire for such an important position.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:29:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Dont get psyched out, interviews are rarely as tough or bad as you think they're going to be.  Actually I think I've only had one really tough, adversarial interview in my life where the interviewer was actually trying to expose my weaknesses and prove I wasn't qualified.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:29:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

to both comments!

I'd hit it!!!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:29:50 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Good luck!

LOL. Doesn't work as advertised, I tried it.

Good luck, brother Z.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:31:04 AM EDT
[#14]
good luck
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:31:30 AM EDT
[#15]
You'll be fine!  Good luck and best wishes!  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:31:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Good luck! I hope everything turns out well for you!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:32:52 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Good luck!

But don't do it in the bosses office.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:34:03 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good luck!

But don't do it in the bosses office.

Some people have no sense of adventure.

Then again, I don't think SHE would appreciate it much!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:34:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Just try to not to take a shit on the guy's desk during the interview.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:35:53 AM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:36:03 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Which one?  Where...Michigan?  Northern VA?

RTP, NC.

Next best thing to Northern Virginia. Nothing in that neck of the woods ever panned out, I'm afraid....

Okay. I'm goin' in! COVERING FIRE!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:37:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Good luck. Don't sweat it, you said you're qualified, so you have nothing to worry about. Take it easy, be cool & everything will go right. From my experience & i'm sure other's here feel the same, the hardest part is this-the waiting. Once you go in for the interview it should all be downhill.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:44:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Just make sure after the interview is over and you're on your way out that the committee can hear you yell, "CAN YE SMELL IT?! in the hallway.  That'll cinch the deal.*
*Oh, and be sure to refer to all and sundry as "Shipmate".  They love that.  I mean, it didn't work for me at my interview last week, but they probably weren't going to hire me anyway.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:12:00 PM EDT
[#24]
First day seems to have gone quite well. Second (and harder) day tomorrow.

Will advise!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:14:21 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

to both comments!

I'd hit it!!!

If they ask you the same question twice, even if its reworded, make sure to yell DUPE at the top of your lungs.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:16:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Fingers crossed...knock 'em dead tomorrow!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:17:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Try to avoid calling anyone a "homo".

...and don't make it obvious if you want to stare at a nice pair of hooters.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:28:45 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Thanks.

Good luck!

Went through the same thing getting in to an investment bank early '90's.   First day was 6 hours of 'role-play' (ie. playing the role of a corp. board member, another playing the role of a new hire taking over the job of the only person who really knew anything in a small firm who died suddenly and having to go through a 'huge' stack of stuff on their desk in 1 hour and figure out what is really important (amazing how some of the others going through this with me spent 40 minutes on the useless crap on the top of the pile

Day 2 was the traditional interview process for those who made it past day 1.  And day 2 made going to the dentist for a root-canal  seem like fun

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:40:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Going in for Round 2......

Updates to follow.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:44:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Going for the head fluffer spot  are ya?  Good luck.

And tell them about the 75 street fights you've been in, and won.  That will land you the job for sure.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:52:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:33:00 AM EDT
[#32]
GL. I am sure you will do fine.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:36:22 AM EDT
[#33]
In what field? I'm always curious what academy grads do when they leave the military.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:37:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Zaphod,

Are you interviewing with a major pharmaceutical company in RTP?  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:38:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Good Luck
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:47:26 AM EDT
[#36]
keep us posted. Good Luck.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:49:06 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Good luck!

Before you go is the key phrase in this advice. I learned on arfcom the other day employers generally frown on rubbing one out in the office.

eta: livefreeordieNH beat me to it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:54:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Good luck to you.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:54:44 AM EDT
[#39]
tag [prayers too for good fortune].
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:54:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:45:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Well, here's the story.

All the signs are that I'll be getting an offer, but not before Monday. Turns out the person I'd be working for is in France all this week, so the decision has been delayed. Like I said, all indications and feedback to the recruiter has been that an offer is pending.

That said, I'll believe it when I see it.

Also, I had an interview with a well-known company in San Antonio, yesterday, so I'm waiting for that result, too.

Man, I want to get back to work. This doing nothing all day SUCKS. I now know that if I ever hot the Lotto, I'll most likely keep working someplace, if only to avoid the boredom.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:47:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:08:43 AM EDT
[#43]
If you get too stressed just ease your hand down south and gently lift up your nutz.  Don't try to pull them up over your shoulder, just gently lift them up.  You'll feel a calming sensation come over you and all will be well afterwards.  Trust me this works.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:13:54 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Thanks.

Im in the same positin as you right now. Have had 1 phone interview and 2 face to face all with diffferent people. Expecting another phone interview any time now(waiting for the call). Normally Im awesome in interviews but this job is with a great company and the pay is WAY more than I make now so Im sitting here with what feels like a swarm of african bees in my stomach Wonder how many more hoops ill have to jump through after this.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:35:13 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Well, here's the story.

All the signs are that I'll be getting an offer, but not before Monday. Turns out the person I'd be working for is in France all this week, so the decision has been delayed. Like I said, all indications and feedback to the recruiter has been that an offer is pending.

That said, I'll believe it when I see it.

Also, I had an interview with a well-known company in San Antonio, yesterday, so I'm waiting for that result, too.

Man, I want to get back to work. This doing nothing all day SUCKS. I now know that if I ever hot the Lotto, I'll most likely keep working someplace, if only to avoid the boredom.

Good luck.

I know what you mean about having nothing to do all day. The first couple of days are kinda nice, but then you start getting really bored. Then you want to do things that cost money, but you don't have any, because you haven't been working. So it kinda sucks.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:30:47 PM EDT
[#46]
I GOT IT!!
I GOT IT!!
I GOT IT!!
I GOT IT!!
I GOT IT!!

HOLY SWEET LORD GOD IN HEAVEN! MAY YOUR NAME BE PRAISED FOR ALL TIME!!!!

Oh, WOW!

I just want to thank everyone here for the kind support and for all the prayers. A special thank you goes out to my old shipmate, LWilde, who went above and beyond! THANK YOU ALL!

The offer was better than I had hoped!

Woo-hoo! Time to get smashed!

I am on my way to RALEIGH/DURHAM, NC, baby! I start March 6th!

YEEEEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:32:40 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I GOT IT!!

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:34:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Yes!  Good job!  It looks like you found the silver lining of your cloud.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:35:15 PM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:37:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Congratulations man!  Hope you enjoy NC.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top