Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 8/7/2002 1:45:16 PM EST
Flying out in the AM with the bride and my daughter. We're taking her to Broadway (she's been asking us to bring her for years). This will be my first time there. We will take in all of the sights as well, but my main objective is to visit ground zero and say a small prayer for those whom we lost. Does anyone know if there is still access? If so, to what degree? Stay safe. Tony
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 1:50:37 PM EST
Yep, you can walk right upto a fence with a long (and crowded) observation walkway and take in the scene. Also worth seeing, across the street from the fenced observation walkway, people have made a memorial out of things found in the debris, personal pictures, computer keyboards, hats, etc... all along a wrought iron fence around a church.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 1:55:03 PM EST
When do you plan on being in and around Ground Zero? If my schedule permits, I might be able to get you in for a 'closer' look. Mind you, my schedule is absurd but one never knows....IM or email the details to me.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 2:08:49 PM EST
ChrisLe, We'll be there this Friday 08/09. It would be great to meet you and shake your hand. Being a retired, small town sheriff's deputy, 911 affected me greatly. We are staying at the Doubletree on Broadway under the name of Anthony Fontenot (me). Getting a close look would be fantastic, if it's possible,but if we can't, I certainly understand. Stay safe. Tony
Top Top