Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/17/2006 11:30:35 AM EDT
I am going out tonight with a buddy of mine, his girlfriend and a friend of hers. My buddy's girl is trying to set me up with her friend. My friend's girl did all the setting up, I have never met her friend before.

So, do I offer to pay for her dinner, or should this be dutch?

Gonna cross post this in the women's forum.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:32:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Pay for dinner if she's hot.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:37:50 AM EDT
[#2]
where's the fishhead guy with the 'its a trap'??
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:38:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Just suggest that the two of you split an order of bread.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:39:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Had a blind date many years ago with a woman who ended up being a born again fundamentalist.

Halfway throught the date she informed me that Jesus was her strength.

I replied that coffee and cigarettes were mine.

I didn't get any.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:40:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Ask me sometime about the blind date I went on a while back...................
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:40:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Hell...let your buddy buy dinner. He invited you out. Pay for your own motel room though!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:40:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Make your friends girl pay. She set up the date
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:41:22 AM EDT
[#8]
if she's hot, pay; if she resembles Jabba the Hutt, excuse yourself to the restroom, jump out the window and bail
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:42:25 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
if she's hot, pay; if she resembles Jabba the Hutt, excuse yourself to the restroom, jump out the window and bail

+1000

Ugly women fend for themselves. Darwin at work.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:42:32 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:46:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Don't try to bang her in front of your friend.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:49:22 AM EDT
[#12]
I went on a blind date almost 32 years ago. We just celebrated our 31st anniversary. It was a double date too. I was hung-over from a night out the day before and wanted to bail, but I did not how to reach her and did not want to stand her up. The rest is history. I always thought she cought me at a week moment (i'm glad she did). I know some of you guys think you have the best wife in the world, but you are wrong.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:51:01 AM EDT
[#13]
If you'd hit it, pay for it.  If you wouldn't, let it fend for itself and slap your buddy's girlfriend for setting you up with her ugly friend.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:55:51 AM EDT
[#14]
If you're a gentleman pay.

Otherwise do what the crowd tells you.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:58:43 AM EDT
[#15]
tag for outcome.  

PS I was taught never to assume my dinner would be bought for me, so if your date's a lady she will at least offer to pay for her own meal or discuss this upfront with you before hand.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:59:47 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

If she's not hot, try to NOT be a gentleman.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:01:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Hell...let your buddy buy dinner. He invited you out.

I fully agree
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:02:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:02:53 PM EDT
[#19]
put your hand down her pants..... girls dig that shit.

in all reality, a gentleman will offer to pay in ANY situation, regardless of how she looks.  if she's a swamp donkey you part ways with her at the end of the night, and do not make a second date, but be as polite to her as you would be to a good looking girl that you had no interest in, to do anything less shows a lack of class
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:07:52 PM EDT
[#20]
SIIHPAPP
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:10:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

+999
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:13:53 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

As one who enjoys your stories and since my curiosity has been piqued, please, let'er rip.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:17:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Don't try to bang her in front of your friend.

My GF and I set up a friend of mine with a friend of hers and we went on a blind/double date.

She starts groping him, and he is like, hey, cool, and they were grunging around in the back seat.  

Pleeeeze....get a room.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:17:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Considering that she's a friend of a friend, I'd plan to pay even if she is butt-ugly or batshit insane. No matter what happens, she's going to tell your buddy's GF all about it. If you're an asshole, then your buddy's GF might think you're an asshole too, and try to keep your buddy from hanging out with you, or at least not set you up with any of her better looking friends. OTOH, if you're a gentleman, you'll get the better hook-ups when they become available.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:19:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Why does this thread remind me of "Smokey" getting set up with the fat ass woman with no hair in the movie "Friday."

Smokey:  Why you hook me up with that fat-ass baldhead girl?

Debbie:  Who? Rita?

Smokey:  Yeah.

Debbie:  Rita is not fat. She's just big boned.

Smokey:  Shit! That girl wider than all outside.

Smokey:  Talkin' about she looked like Janet Jackson.

Debbie:  Oh, no, she didn't go there.

Smokey:  Bitch got out of the car Iooking more like Freddie Jackson.

Smokey:  Don't laugh. it ain't funny.

Debbie:  I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

Debbie:  I'm not trying to laugh.

Debbie:  I just thought that you two would like each other.

Smokey:  You knew she was baldheaded. You knew she had no damn hair.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:19:19 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Does it involve another, perhaps,  Seeing Eye....ahem...."cat"?

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:19:49 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I am going out tonight with a buddy of mine, his girlfriend and a friend of hers. My buddy's girl is trying to set me up with her friend. My friend's girl did all the setting up, I have never met her friend before.

So, do I offer to pay for her dinner, or should this be dutch?

Gonna cross post this in the women's forum.

Pooper shots for all.  

Oh wait, I didn't actually read the thread before posting.  Pay for her meal and slip the equivalent amount to her under the table.  That should at least get you some breastage.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:20:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:21:47 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
SIIHPAPP

Better chance of that if you buy dinner.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:22:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Is your buddy's girl hot? Hot girls have hot friends, ugly girls have ugly friends.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:34:28 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Is your buddy's girl hot? Hot girls have hot friends, ugly girls have ugly friends.

Kharn

I used to see hot girls have  ugly friends.  The ugly one hung around trying to get leftovers and the hot one used the ugly one for "protection".

YMMV

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:38:05 PM EDT
[#32]
I agree with most of the posts here.  If  she's hot and the dinner goes well, and you think there is a chance to see her again, Pay for hers too.  Otherwise let her friend or your friend pay.  I predict that the night will go well and you'll end up paying, Bigtime.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:39:14 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kharn

I used to see hot girls have  ugly friends.  The ugly one hung around trying to get leftovers and the hot one used the ugly one for "protection".

YMMV

Theere is a "nottie" in every group of hotties.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:39:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Pay
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:42:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Be a gentleman and pay... if she were you sister or something like that what would you expect the guy to do.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:48:04 PM EDT
[#36]
You pay not matter what...that's how it works.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:50:13 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
You pay no matter what...that's how it works.

horseshit

he'll get to the "pay no matter what" part if he marries (and gets divorced from) that woman.

for now, he's going to "respect" the womyns movement and her "right" to equal treatment.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:53:21 PM EDT
[#38]
If you enjoyed yourself, you pay.  If you didn't, your buddy should pay.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:01:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Where are you going to eat at? Keep it at a reasonably priced restaurant. Work it out ahead of time with your buddy the amount of time at the restaurant and have a code word or something if you want to get the hell away from this woman. So the night will come to an end.
You can also say at the beginning of the night that you have to work the next day so you have an out to trip out the door.
I would still pay for the dinner, it is polite. Now if she offers to pay her half, say something like, that is nice, ok.
 Womens movement or not, I am always  charmed by a man who opens car doors, and who is respectful.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:03:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Also, one more thing.
If she turns out to be a lot of fun, (hottie or not) and you are enjoying her company, then you can say about the work thing, "Ah, I can stay out for a while longer. I have been tired at work before."
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:03:47 PM EDT
[#41]
I think in my circle of friends, we would all split the check.  

I went on a blind date once set up by a friend once.  Worst date ever.  She was not cool (she asked what kind of car I drove for Christ's sake), thought very highly of herself, and well, large.  The look on her face was classic when I got the check said, well it looks like about $25 each.  

I then presented my friend with a phony bill for $95, for the $25 at dinner and two hours of my hourly rate for my wasted time.  She was not amused.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:13:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Question #2 is if I should carry my Glock on the date. The tentative plan is to go bowling after dinner, so the potential for my gun to be exposed goes up.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:13:58 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Where are you going to eat at? Keep it at a reasonably priced restaurant. Work it out ahead of time with your buddy the amount of time at the restaurant and have a code word or something if you want to get the hell away from this woman. So the night will come to an end.
You can also say at the beginning of the night that you have to work the next day so you have an out to trip out the door.
I would still pay for the dinner, it is polite. Now if she offers to pay her half, say something like, that is nice, ok.
 Womens movement or not, I am always  charmed by a man who opens car doors, and who is respectful.

EXCELLENT ADVICE

Talk plainly with your buddy about your concerns, that you are uncomfortable with the scenario.   Your buddy could offer  to pay for all four.  Then you can shine like a beacon of manhood by offering to pay for yours and the new gal's.   You two can plan it out like that beforehand, so that you both get 'macho points' that way.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:20:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Offer to King size her meal
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:23:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Pay for dinner and make sure she understands she "owes you one".

j/k

If it was me, I'd always pay in that situation.

Good luck and make sure you check back with a range report.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:29:53 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Offer to King size her meal

I was going to say "How bout McD's or BK? But I figured that he was getting enough of the worldly advice.
I have to say though (serious again) I have met many a gorgeous woman, or man for that matter who had the personality of a slug and a heart the color of coal.
If she is fun, have fun. What is the worst thing that can happen? The night WILL end.
(still open doors for her no matter what though)
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:32:12 PM EDT
[#47]
BTW:   Gonzo's worst blind date EVER scenario....

... buddy sets me up, the woman is NOT hot; and at dinner starts talking about how we should go by her place later so she can show us all her WITCHCRAFT and BLACK MAGIC stuff.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:42:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:44:25 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
What would Chuck Norris do?

I don't think it would go over very well if I roundhouse kicked my date in the face.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:44:36 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
BTW:   Gonzo's worst blind date EVER scenario....

... buddy sets me up, the woman is NOT hot; and at dinner starts talking about how we should go by her place later so she can show us all her WITCHCRAFT and BLACK MAGIC stuff.

Did you kindly say to her that some of her witch crap looked like it backfired on her?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top