Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2004 6:06:46 PM EST
Are digital camo patterns, like the ones the Marines are using, suitable for hunting? Are they any better compared to the traditional woodland camo when up against deer?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:40:54 PM EST
Dude if there are any marine-sympathizing deer out there you are gonna get your ass kicked.

actually it doesn't seem to matter to the deer. I have spent hundreds on the latest cool camo and last weekend found myself all out of clean stuff so I wore my trusty woodland camo BDU knockoffs out.

I had a doe walk about 6 yards from me and just stare at me for a while, thinking I was some sort of funky tree. After a while she started browsing again. Then I got a cramp in my calf and started hopping around trying to stretch it out, If deer could say "HOLY SHIIIIT!!!!", she would have said that.

Last I saw her she was headed for Montana. But I don't think animals care if it's digital or not.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:43:06 PM EST
Send me some and I'll try it out.

Def. gotta get me some PseudoPAT.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:47:24 PM EST
check this outmulticam
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:50:27 PM EST

Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:
Dude if there are any marine-sympathizing deer out there you are gonna get your ass kicked.

actually it doesn't seem to matter to the deer. I have spent hundreds on the latest cool camo and last weekend found myself all out of clean stuff so I wore my trusty woodland camo BDU knockoffs out.

I had a doe walk about 6 yards from me and just stare at me for a while, thinking I was some sort of funky tree. After a while she started browsing again. Then I got a cramp in my calf and started hopping around trying to stretch it out, If deer could say "HOLY SHIIIIT!!!!", she would have said that.

Last I saw her she was headed for Montana. But I don't think animals care if it's digital or not.

What I`m concerned about is whether or not digital camo is able to fool deer`s eyes as well as it does on human eyes. Do you mean to say that it doesn`t matter if it is digital or not? I don`t want to spend extra on special camo.

And, whats wrong with me wearing TAPRAM?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:53:06 PM EST
Deer are color blind and see movement. Better if you blend in, but its not an absolute requirement as long as your not moving and they can't smell you. You could hunt in a hawaiin shirt if you wanted too. Thats my understanding anyway, if I'm wrong an expert will chime in.
Top Top