Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2007 8:52:55 PM EDT
Anything I should know about cigar bars? I've never been to one and I don't want make an ass of myself. It's being sponsored by "Timber Valley Tobaccos" and is billed as a "cigar tasting" deal. Mostly I want to sit in a comfy chair and smoke a good cigar while watching the game.

Mark.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 9:48:02 PM EDT
Your first mistake is not watching the Mizzou vs. Oklahoma game! Just kidding, just sit back, relax and have a good smoke. I've never been to a cigar "bar", but the cigar shop I go to has a lounge area, and everyone is always extremely nice there.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:34:17 AM EDT
The cigar bar near me is just like any other local bar, except they have a nice walk-in humidor chock full of premium sticks, and instead of regular tables and bar chairs, they have leather chairs, couches, and coffee tables and end tables. It's more of a lounge environment.

There's really nothing special about them...
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:44:45 AM EDT
I don't know anything about the shop you are going to but I have been to a few smoke shop "tastings". I would bet that it will be anything but a good place to sit back, relax and watch the game.

The last one I went to it was packed shoulder to shoulder and the there were so many people in there and they were all heavily puffing away to the point where the ventilation system could not handle it. It looked like a house fire was going on in there. I got the worst sinus infection I have ever had the next day. It pretty much ruined my jacket too.

I don't do the public tastings anymore.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:56:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Telemachus:
Your first mistake is not watching the Mizzou vs. Oklahoma game!

i'd love nothing more than another chance for the Hogs to whoop Mizzou's ass in a bowl game.

that said, sounds like a damn good time to me....smoking a good cigar + enjoying a good libation + watching a good game = bliss
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:52:38 PM EDT
Were is this Cigar Bar at I need to get there
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:57:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/4/2007 6:58:16 PM EDT by M-60]
Northwest Grille Restaurant & Bars
9900 SW Canyon Road
Beaverton, OR 97225
Phone: (503) 292-5114

Where in OR are you coming from?

I didn't make it for the game. Stoopid werk.

Mark.
Top Top