Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/8/2004 11:27:33 PM EST
The Beasties are playing a sold out show at Red Rocks tomorrow night. I have loved these guys for years, but don't care for their politics. I know I am going to have to hear some sort of political rant from them at the show. I hope they don't go too overboard and make the show unenjoyable.

Also, a couple of friends who were gonna go with me cancelled, so I have a couple extra tickets if anyone in CO is interested.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:33:31 PM EST
your actually going to support them
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:44:54 AM EST
To this day I still don't understand how anyone who appreciates music can call the crap that they put out "music" - no talent hacks, trying to act "black", and their lyrics and sound just plain suck IMHO. And we won't even get into their politics. Damnit, would you go to a "free" concert of theirs sponsored by the MMM or the Brady Campaign?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:05:08 AM EST
I like their old stuff.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:07:43 AM EST

Originally Posted By Greywolf2112:
To this day I still don't understand how anyone who appreciates music can call the crap that they put out "music" - no talent hacks, trying to act "black", and their lyrics and sound just plain suck IMHO. And we won't even get into their politics. Damnit, would you go to a "free" concert of theirs sponsored by the MMM or the Brady Campaign?

The Beasties are hardly acting black. I think you're confused because their music is considered rap. They have always been, if nothing else, a parody of the current rap culture. For chrissake one of them wore a VW emblem in the "Fight for your right" video, poking fun of the trend at the time of wearing a Mercedes emblem.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:13:19 AM EST
as a kid, i enjoyed their first album. However, now that I have a moral understanding of their politics, I choose not to listen. They have been put on my asshat list.

FMO
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:28:34 AM EST
They are anti-gun.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:29:12 AM EST
im kind of with FMO on this. they over. this latest album is more of the same old shit. RETIRE!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:50:18 AM EST
Oh the horror.
Top Top