Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2001 4:18:22 PM EDT
I saw a video on the local news about the NG guarding the Calloway Nuclear Plant in Missouri.
The NG military police types were there in uniform with slung M16s, but there were no mags in the rifles. On the video one trooper was seen lifting the shirt of his BDUs and inserting a pistol into his waist band.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 6:45:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
On the video one trooper was seen lifting the shirt of his BDUs and inserting a pistol into his waist band.
View Quote

Good.  At least that one will be armed.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 6:47:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
At least that one will be armed.
View Quote

Along with us.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 6:51:10 PM EDT
[#3]
No shit, when I was deployed to the Gulf for the first month and a half they would'nt give us ammo unless we were guarding the entrances to "Tent City".  Man that chaps my ass, why the hell are they even out there if they don't have any fu
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 6:53:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Your right man we should send them all back home.
Maybe you could stand post at the nuke plants,or would it be better to let them be open to what even?

God will help us if we help our selves,the NG is doing it's job.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 7:11:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Your right man we should send them all back home.
Maybe you could stand post at the nuke plants,or would it be better to let them be open to what even?

God will help us if we help our selves,the NG is doing it's job.
View Quote

WTF is the use of them being there if they can't do anything to stop an attack?  I guess they're supposed to call 911 if the bad guys show up?  Can't the regular security guards do that?  Kinda like the old adage "Don't take a knife to a gun fight".
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 7:43:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, the pistol's nice, but when I was in the infantry Guard in FL, we all carried loaded mags (unauthorized) on us whenever we were issued M16s...everyone had seen Southern Comfort a few times, it seemed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top