Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2005 6:52:40 AM EDT
Last night while getting baby food for the SEC(mrs Pic mixes it with cat food)
the lady behind me asked me if I was shopping for a grandchild. I told her it was for my daughter, as I had married a younger woman.

"How old is she?" she asked

"She'll be ninteen on her next birthday," I replied.

You should have seen the look on her face.

Today at the liberry, I showed a nurse type a pic of the SEC leading me around and told her that cats are now taking over as guide animals because they're lower maintainance than dogs.

Hook, line and sinker.

I'd bet you I could get rich betting on the idiocy of the American people
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:55:00 AM EDT
[#1]

btw;  how is SEC?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:56:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:56:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn, I thought you were only about half full of it!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:57:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:58:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

btw;  how is SEC?

The little guy is on his last legs, but still very much a character. A couple of weeks ago, I thought it was going to be the end and even went so far as to get a set of cat tags made to mark his final spot, but he rallied a bit. It's now day to day, but I'm enjoying him while I still can.

As long as he's a PITA,and a cat, we'll keep him going.

I've taken him outside a few times and it's a mixed situation. It's heartbreaking to see him old and sslow, but it's a joy to watch him snoop around and be a cat.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:03:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

btw;  how is SEC?

The little guy is on his last legs, but still very much a character. A couple of weeks ago, I thought it was going to be the end and even went so far as to get a set of cat tags made to mark his final spot, but he rallied a bit. It's now day to day, but I'm enjoying him while I still can.

As long as he's a PITA,and a cat, we'll keep him going.

I've taken him outside a few times and it's a mixed situation. It's heartbreaking to see him old and sslow, but it's a joy to watch him snoop around and be a cat.

Poor little dude, he's tops!!!  Spent many an hour at work ( back in theday) laughing over your adventures.  I wish him the best.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:06:33 AM EDT
[#7]

God, I am full of shit!

Good for you, most people dont even have a clue their full of shit. Your one of the lucky one's

Like dear old dad says " Your 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound sack "  He loves me so it cant be bad right ?

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:12:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Wow, that's an old timer cat you have there partner.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:15:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:18:09 AM EDT
[#10]
I once convinced someone provolone cheese came from Provo, Utah.  I told him the Mormons worked on different farms as they worked their way west.  After learning various cheddar recipes in Wisconsin, they ultimately got to Utah and tried to reproduce the cheese.  They screwed it up and made something else but it was good.  Because the first batch was in Provo, they called it Provolone.
He was an engineer.

LMFAO!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:24:34 AM EDT
[#11]
we have an austrailian cattle dog, "cole" is all black and will only be 40ish pounds

anyone who asks what breed he is get's told "miniature black lab"   and "that my family has been breeding them for years"

The best hook line and sinker was when cole was next to a 125# black lab that TOWERED over him the owner wanted one!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:31:49 AM EDT
[#12]
How old is SEC now?  It will be a sadder world when finally makes the journey over the Rainbow Bridge.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:36:48 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Lots of folks ARE!!!!    

(Glad to hear SEC is still around, pic. I lost one of my crew, a coupla' months ago...  )
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:42:04 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm sorry to hear that the SEC is in poor health. The little guy has made a huge contribution to your life, this site, and the internet as a whole.

Heck, that's more than you can say for most people.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:15:44 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
How old is SEC now?  It will be a sadder world when finally makes the journey over the Rainbow Bridge.  

Nah, Canada's not that bad a place.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:09:35 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Today at the liberry, I showed a nurse type a pic of the SEC leading me around and told her that cats are now taking over as guide animals because they're lower maintainance than dogs.

Hook, line and sinker.

Some years back I was working in the Public Affairs office of an Air Force Base.

Producers of the Candid Camera show contacted us about doing a military themed show.  While this was being passed up the chain we started brainstorming in our office.

I had an idea for having a Military Working Cat at the gate for vehicle checks.  I thought it would be a riot to see an SP checking a car with a cat on a leash.  (Budget cuts, you know!).

Another idea was to have a Domino's driver deliver a pizza to an aircraft on the flightline.

Unfortunately, the USAF decided it didn't want to be part of such shenanigans.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:50:17 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
[
Producers of the Candid Camera show contacted us about doing a military themed show.  

Back in the early 60s when every nut and his cousin were hijacking airliners to Cuba, one that Alan Funt was on actually got hijacked.

The flight was a circus because word went through the entire plane that it was a 'Candid Camera' stunt.

NOBODY except Alan Funt really believed the plane was being hijacked until it landed in Havana.

True Story. Heard it on Paul Harvey quite a while back.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:03:08 AM EDT
[#18]
A while back I showed my wife some of the pics and stories you posted with the SEC.  It made her day.  I still tell the story of "piccolo and the SEC" to others.  That cat will be remembered fondly by a lot of folks long after it passes away.  

It seems the stranger the story or gag, the more people are apt to fall for it.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:15:08 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

It seems the stranger the story or gag, the more people are apt to fall for it.  

You mean like teh SEC?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:40:00 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm glad to hear SEC is still with us. He has made a great impact on many people.

Take care of the little feller for us pic.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:18:56 PM EDT
[#21]
testing...
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:23:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Jerk, I always remember my cat who passed away on the 19th of april (1 week after my birthday) when I hear that poem, makes me cry always

he was 19.5, his blood brother is still with us, gettin close to 20

best wishes to you and your pal Pic

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:26:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Have pic of the little feller?  I'd like to see the cat that gave us so much laughter, it'd be a sad day when he croaks
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:30:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Poor SEC. It's good that he's still able to bring joy to you and us. You've gotta start checking into a 21-gun salute for your tough little friend.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:34:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Your thread title lead me to beleive you are a colostomy bag
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:42:34 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Poor SEC. It's good that he's still able to bring joy to you and us. You've gotta start checking into a 21-gun salute for your tough little friend.

When the little guy passes we ought to set a time and all be somewhere where we can let a round loose. At the appointed time, we all fire our guns in the ARFCOM salute.

Hey, Pic, can you post a recent pic of him? Please? I'd like to see him.

Give him a little skritch for me too.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:49:29 PM EDT
[#27]
I had my cousin convinced that there was an entire segment on 60 minutes about Canadians coming to Michigan in box trucks, stealing pigs, taking them back to Canada and selling them back to us as canadian bacon.

About a week later I got a call from him. "You f@#$ing lying a**hole!! I told like 50 people about that!!"
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I had my cousin convinced that there was an entire segment on 60 minutes about Canadians coming to Michigan in box trucks, stealing pigs, taking them back to Canada and selling them back to us as canadian bacon.

About a week later I got a call from him. "You f@#$ing lying a**hole!! I told like 50 people about that!!"

You owe me a keyboard!!

Pic, give the SEC a tickle under the chin for me.

He will be missed.

Ops
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top