Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2002 12:21:03 PM EDT
I just got back from seeing XXX. It kicks ass! Its got a big X-Games theme. Lots of action,Guns,Hot Scantily Clad Womenz, 1965 GTO. I might go see it again next weekend[:D]

[shock][rocket]

[shotgun]   [heavy]

Link Posted: 8/11/2002 12:33:27 PM EDT
[#1]
yeah...  i agree.  i saw it friday night and it was great.  i would definitely say its worth the price of entry.  a couple of the stunt scenes were unrealistic but they were still cool!  you wont be disappointed.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 12:36:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I read the movie is good for those that love x-treme games like snowboarding.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 12:39:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I read the movie is good for those that love x-treme games like snowboarding.
View Quote

You Bet Your Ass[:D]
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 12:41:29 PM EDT
[#4]
THIS MOVIE WAS TERRIBLE! The action scenes were laughable at best. The only thing worth while is all the pimped out guns and ladies, THATS IT! oh and the line "bitches, COME!". The rest of the movie was a waste of my time. Terrible acting, horrible plot, and laughable action. TO TOP IT OFF X the agent is trying to be a rebel agent while he is actually a politcally correct sports star. Drinking SOBE instead of a beer? TELLING PEOPLE NOT TO SMOKE??? OH AND THE BEST, shooting people with a 44 magnum WITH SLEEPY TIME DARTS!!! COME ON X JUST KILL THE POOR BASTARDS WITH THE HOLLOW POINTS, NO HE'D RATHER USE THE HOLLOW POINTS TO SHOOT A STEAM PIPE BEHIND THEM TO "scare" THEM OFF. OH OH AND THE HEAT SEEKING ROCKET!!! LOLOLOL simply a Sony Handicam with a tube attached to it!!! LOLOL man this movie sucked
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 12:42:48 PM EDT
[#5]
SNOWBOADING! oh that reminds me, he can out run a HUGE avalanche using only the power of gravity and a snow board, but men on REALLY fast snow mobiles cant even come close. sseesshh BAD MOVIE I WANT MY MONEY BACK
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 12:43:13 PM EDT
[#6]
We saw it yesterday, and thought it was an awesome movie.

Soundtrack, special effects, women, weapons, etc.

ALL AWESOME!
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 12:47:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
SNOWBOADING! oh that reminds me, he can out run a HUGE avalanche using only the power of gravity and a snow board, but men on REALLY fast snow mobiles cant even come close. sseesshh BAD MOVIE I WANT MY MONEY BACK
View Quote

So fuckin what... It was like crossing a Hulk Hogan movie, with a James Bond movie, and it's about damn time somebody did it!
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 12:47:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
THIS MOVIE WAS TERRIBLE! The action scenes were laughable at best. The only thing worth while is all the pimped out guns and ladies, THATS IT! oh and the line "bitches, COME!". The rest of the movie was a waste of my time. Terrible acting, horrible plot, and laughable action. TO TOP IT OFF X the agent is trying to be a rebel agent while he is actually a politcally correct sports star. Drinking SOBE instead of a beer? TELLING PEOPLE NOT TO SMOKE??? OH AND THE BEST, shooting people with a 44 magnum WITH SLEEPY TIME DARTS!!! COME ON X JUST KILL THE POOR BASTARDS WITH THE HOLLOW POINTS, NO HE'D RATHER USE THE HOLLOW POINTS TO SHOOT A STEAM PIPE BEHIND THEM TO "scare" THEM OFF. OH OH AND THE HEAT SEEKING ROCKET!!! LOLOLOL simply a Sony Handicam with a tube attached to it!!! LOLOL man this movie sucked
View Quote

Come on man get your head outta your ass[:D]. This was a pretty cool action movie. It was very entertaining. Sure it had some unbelievable stunts in it, but it was well worth the money
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 12:50:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I cannot believe people like this crap, this is a tradegy, because now movie studios will put more movies like this that are unintelligent, dull, and with poor plots but with lots of explosions and some big sexy bad actor and theyll make millions because people no longer care for intelligent, well done movies. If you guys are seeking an anti-hero type story go see Taxi Driver, Robby D plays the perfect role as the anti-hero, brillant movie, well made. IF you want to see real acting go see road to perditions, 3 actors of top calibler. Not some muscle bound ape with no real dialouge in his movies.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 12:51:18 PM EDT
[#10]
THE MOVIE IS TERRIBLE, PERIOD.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 12:54:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I liked it. But I will say apparently the budget ran dry with the heat-seeking missle they didn't even white out the play button. That was they only thing that sorta sucked.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 12:54:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Guntoting_Spartan.... i take it you didnt like the movie.  [:)]
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 1:31:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Was it better or worser than his last two movies?

Near Dark and The Fast & the Furious, both of which i liked.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 2:15:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Great movie. The motor cycle stunts were awesome!!!

Best Lines:

1) Bitches Come!!
2) I want all that(pointing at all the armaments and gadgets), in here(referring to his GTO).
3) I told him smoking would kill him someday.
4) The things I'm gonna do for my country.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 2:16:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I haven't seen the movie, but from the previews and what I've read here, it seems like a typical modern movie.  All special effects and action with no story and terrible acting.  I think I'll pass.

USPC40

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 2:29:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey BTW, that GTO....wasn't that the same one from Fast and the Furious? Without the blower.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 2:57:07 PM EDT
[#17]
That wasn't a GTO.  It was a Dodge Charger.  I can't believe people actually liked The Fast and the Furious.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 3:13:41 PM EDT
[#18]
The move was OK, but Vin Diesel is no
Barney Rubble.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 3:14:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 3:23:35 PM EDT
[#20]
I just saw XXX today.  Good action... albeit a little too unbelievable.....   no real story... and they cheesed it up from time to time when they didn't have to.

Overall, it was worth seeing, and a fun flick, but no awesome thriller for sure.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 3:26:30 PM EDT
[#21]
It's funny to think that some of the folks that hated this movie, watch WWF and play out SHTF scenarios when they go to the range...  You know the type, with 6 knives on one leg, and 3 pistols on the other.

I will add that we saw Vin Diesel being interviewed yesterday morning on MTV, and he stated right off the bat, that it was a fun PG13, high action flik, with lots of neat effects and stunts!
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 3:32:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I liked it. But I will say apparently the budget ran dry with the heat-seeking missle they didn't even white out the play button. That was they only thing that sorta sucked.
View Quote

movie was bearable untill this point...
after seeing that thing inside the shoe box with a roll of shit paper taped on one end ... I wanted my money back..
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 4:45:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
That wasn't a GTO.  It was a Dodge Charger.  I can't believe people actually liked The Fast and the Furious.
View Quote

"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time.  For those 10 seconds or less; I'm free."

Some seriously retarded dialogue in that movie, for sure.  I read the other day that Fast & Furious was supposed to be a vehicle for the guy who played the Keanu Reeves/undercover cop character.  Vin Diesel totally stole the show.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 4:47:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time.  For those 10 seconds or less; I'm free."

Some seriously retarded dialogue in that movie, for sure.  I read the other day that Fast & Furious was supposed to be a vehicle for the guy who played the Keanu Reeves/undercover cop character.  Vin Diesel totally stole the show.
View Quote

Keanu Reeves wasn't in The Fast and The Furious[>:/]
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 5:15:28 PM EDT
[#25]
I think what Raven was saying was that the cop in TF&TF was clone of Keenau Reeves' character in Point Break.  It was that actor's chance to show he can play an undercover cop.

Hmmm, a cop going undercover to infiltrate a group of theives that exist in a subculture...  Very original.

I haven't seen xxx yet, but it does look like a braindead action flick, meant to be loads of fun if you enjoy not thinking for 135 minutes.  Movies like that are fun if the actors aren't taking their roles too serious.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 5:15:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Hehe....apparently it's a crime to go to movies for the sole purpose of not having to think. If I wanted cerebral exercise, I'd do overtime at work trying to exploit the Java 1.4 API....

I was surprised......decent action flick. I also noticed it was missing a few things:
1. An f-bomb every 20 seconds or so
2. Steaming piles of bloody entrails and splatter effects
3. Nubile, bouncing, unclothed breasts.

An action film that doesn't use nudity, gore, and extremely foul language....no wonder people hated it. Of course, it's one of the reasons I liked it!
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 5:22:35 PM EDT
[#27]
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time. For those 10 seconds or less; I'm free."
View Quote

Is he refering to the first or the second 10 seconds of his quarter mile??[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 8:43:16 PM EDT
[#28]
it was worth the 10 bucks it cost me for me and my date to go c it. we both liked it. sure it was cliched and had a cheese filled plot but it was entertaning.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 5:30:09 AM EDT
[#29]
We [b]never[/b] go to anything other than the matinees... It only costs $4.50, and you basically have the theater to yourselves!

When possible, we try to hit the earlier showing, which is usually around 1:00pm...  This way, should we decide to stay and catch another flik, it will still be 1/2 price as well. [;)]
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 5:49:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Was it better or worser than his last two movies?

Near Dark and The Fast & the Furious, both of which i liked.
View Quote

You are thinking of "Pitch Black"

"Near Dark" was a cheesy vampire flick starring Lance Henrikson and Bill Paxton and Adrian Pasdar. I loved it, tons of dark style and angst and inventive ways for vampires to deal with the sun and getting around in the southwest.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 7:21:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I cannot believe people like this crap, this is a tradegy, because now movie studios will put more movies like this that are unintelligent, dull, and with poor plots but with lots of explosions and some big sexy bad actor and theyll make millions because people no longer care for intelligent, well done movies. If you guys are seeking an anti-hero type story go see Taxi Driver, Robby D plays the perfect role as the anti-hero, brillant movie, well made. IF you want to see real acting go see road to perditions, 3 actors of top calibler. Not some muscle bound ape with no real dialouge in his movies.
View Quote

So I guess its really going to chap your hide when I tell you that they are already filming the sequel to XXX.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 7:44:44 AM EDT
[#32]
well, I thought the movie ROCKED.  Sure, there was some unrealistic stuff.  The avalanche was kinda cheesy...  But I'm a person who can take a movie at FACE VALUE.  It's just ENTERTAINMENT.  It was fast paced, had tons of action.  The acting wasn't TOP notch, but it was decent.  Some funny moments.  I'd go see it again.  Definitely a will-buy when it comes out on DVD.

M@

Link Posted: 8/12/2002 8:08:57 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm going to read the book first...[%|]
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 3:44:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If you guys are seeking an anti-hero type story go see Taxi Driver, Robby D plays the perfect role as the anti-hero, brillant movie, well made. IF you want to see real acting go see road to perditions, 3 actors of top calibler. Not some muscle bound ape with no real dialouge in his movies.
View Quote

Most moviegoers under 35 probubly identify more with Vin Diesel than Robert Denero.

Great actor? Not yet, but he did a good job in; Saving Private Ryan, Pitch Black, & Fast and the Furious.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 4:57:15 PM EDT
[#35]
I thought the movie was great fun and Vin Diesel is the best Anti-Bond ever.

The only thing I didn't like was the missing bare breasts. I hope they are on the DVD.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top