Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2002 4:57:55 PM EDT
I have been weight training off and on for about 15 years.

I started taking Glutamine about 6 weeks ago. In that time my max bench has increased by over 10%. My bodyweight has also stopped fluctuating so much. I am naturally thin, a hard gainer, and my bodyweight typically will fluctuate as much as 6 pounds one week to the next. Miss a meal and I'll drop 5 pounds. Since I started taking Glutamine I'm maintaining my weight better, and actually putting on some pounds.

Anyone else notice good results with this stuff?
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 4:41:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been taking L-Glutamine for about 2 years. It is the most abundant free amino acid in muscle tissue. When I first tried it, I noticed an increase is strength, but mainly a much faster recovery time. I am skeptical, so I had two containers, one with the Glutamine and one with powdered sugar. They were identical, except marked on the bottom. I kept a record and after being on both for 3-6 weeks, I did get a definite better result with the Glutamine.

I have done the same with creatine. With the biologic variation that is to be expected, I seemed to gain water weight with creatine. My strength would go up for about 3 weeks, then drop. I don't know why. I tried reloading, but it did not change.

So, if it works for you, keep updating your evaluation of the supplement.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 6:36:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top