Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2006 8:38:13 AM EDT
Which brand/type of Glucosamine would you guys recomend for best results?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:58:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Do some research and find a brand with shark cartlidge if you can.  Its the highest quality.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:10:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Which brand/type of Glucosamine would you guys recomend for best results?

I'm a serious runner, and have toyed with this.  I've been told a million things from a million different people and read conflicting information in numerous books.  So I took all the information, experimented a little bit, and this is what I've come up with, take it for what it's worth.

A Glucosamine, Chondroitin, MSM appears to give the best results.  Results don't happen over night though.  It can take several months of daily use to notice a change, and that change might not even have  anything to do with the supplement.  At worst, it seems this mix will at least help maintain your cartilage, if not rebuild it.

The brand shouldn't matter.  I buy mine at Vitamin World, it's all together and called Joint Soother.   From my reading and questioning, it seems that taking less than 1500mg of Glucosamine Sulfate and 1000mg of Chondroitin Sulfate is worthless.   I take 1500mg of the first and 1200mg of the second, with 500mg of MSM.  That's why I chose Joint Soother.  I didn't need to take a fist full of pills.

So there you have it.  I'm not a doctor or an expert.  I just know that after a few months of taking this, my knee pain all but disappeared.  Maybe it was due to something completely different.  I don't know, but I'll keep taking it just the same.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:24:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 1:38:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I personally don't think the joint supplements work.  But in general, NOW has a really good reputation -- I believe they make everything GMP grade.  I think bodybuilding.com sells them.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 2:07:00 AM EDT
[#5]
tag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top