Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2003 7:13:39 PM EDT
[url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3026104.stm [/url]

As a fishkeeper I want one!

CRC
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:34:47 PM EDT
[#1]
How big are they?

Might make GREAT deep sea fishing lures!
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:36:49 PM EDT
[#2]
That's pretty cool, they need more colors though.

I miss looking at my aquarium but I sure don't miss cleaning the durn thing.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:50:45 PM EDT
[#3]
OK, what we have is a single use, bio luminescent minnow for fishing at night.  Not bad, except that the darn thing costs $17.  I think I will just try using fire flies (Lightning bugs for you rednecks [}:)])
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:01:31 PM EDT
[#4]
"Keith Davenport, of the Aquatic [b]Ornamental[/b] Trade Association (AOTA), commented that interfering with the genome was unnecessary and said people did not want animals to become [b]fashion accessories.[/b]"

Uhmmm, OK.  And exactly what is the name of your association?  This guy has no clue about the purchasing habits of the average consumer.

Nice marketing move.  Sterilize them.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:07:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Fish are ok, but let's try to make convicted felons glow in the dark!  Now [i]that[/i] would be a accomplishment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top