Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 2:42:14 PM EDT
I have a  Nikon rifle scope that has a gloss finish. Instead  of buying a new scope I want to use this one.  I have 3 ideas so far. 1- spray the scope a flat color, 2- tape it with a camo tape, except power ring and scope adjustment covers3- tape it with painters tape then spray paint flat black the tape . What else is there to try?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:43:07 PM EDT
[#1]
goss?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:45:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
goss?

goss?How you do that?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:46:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought he was trying to say Gauss rifle, which would be totally sweet!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:50:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
goss?

goss?How you do that?

I wasnt sure if you had a gauss gun project or something cool, alas, it was merely a typo

and for a scope finish, I say lightly sandpaper it then give it the krylon touch
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:52:36 PM EDT
[#5]
how about rubbing it with some scotchbrite pads
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:53:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I thought he was trying to say Gauss rifle, which would be totally sweet!

I wish I could come up with a magnetic linear accelerator rifle but at the present time I am taken up with solving a gloss finish on a scope. When I finnish that I do see a magnetic linear accelerator rifle in my future.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:43:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Keerist NO NO NO. don't scratch it or sand it or anything irretrievable.

Mask where appropriate and spray with Testors Dulcote or any similar model paint product.  They are designed to dull a gloss coat and can be removed easily later.  Or if you paint it any colors later you can use the Dulcote over that.  You can always remove paint, you can't unfuck up a sanding job.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top