Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2002 11:56:52 AM EDT
[url]http://glocktalk.gunserver.com/announcement.php?s=&forumid=34[/url]

"No More Discussions Concerning Front Sight Institute Here - Please Read (11-04-2002 until 12-05-2002)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi folks. I recently received a certified letter, from Front Sight Firearms Training Institute's lawyer, concerning negative posts made on Glock Talk. In addition to wanting me to ban an individual that made allegations against them, the message threatened legal action against this site if I didn't 'Carefully check posts in the future concerning Front Site'.

Well, I have no intention of 'carefully checking' every post made about Front Sight, under threat of legal action, so I will no longer allow them to be discussed on this site at all. Please do not mention them or discuss them in any post here. I will instruct the moderators to remove any post mentioning Front Sight, directly or indirectly.

I don't like having to do this, but I don't like being strong-armed either...Eric "

Juan, I know they are an advertiser, but if they get away with doing this to GlockTalk to day, tommorow they will be trying to dictate to you.
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 12:05:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 12:15:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey, it was between Frontsight for my next class or GunSite.  Guess who I am going to go to now?
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 12:23:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 5:06:44 AM EDT
[#4]
There is a huge thread about this issue over on TFL. I suggest everyone read it.

An apalling situtation.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top