Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/5/2006 8:49:12 AM EDT
Last friday i placed an order with Glockmeister.com for a glock extended slide stop, extended mag release and mag release spirng. I placed the order at 6:00am Friday morning and paid for overnight shipping. I called them that afternoon to confirm it had shipped and was told it did. Saturday rolls around and no package. I figure no big deal, it probably wasn't delivered because of the holiday. So monday rolls around, still no package. Tuesday afternoon I call them when I get home from work and ask about my order, I was told it did ship Friday but Fed Ex dosen't do Saturday delivery to residences and Fed Ex wasn't doing home deliveries Monday because of the holiday. I then asked for a tracking number and was told to call back on Wendsday if it had not arrived and they would give me a tracking number. Wendsday comes and goes and no tracking number, no package. I didn't get home in time to call.
So this morning I call then (Thursday) and ask about my order, I'm told the person that deals with internet orders isn't in now he'll be back in a few minutes and I will have him call you. For some reason they couldn't take care of it I had to talk to someone else (though this was the same person I talked to the day I placed my order to confirm shipping). After 2 hours I call again and am told that, yes we see you ordered on Friday and our records show it was shipped Friday overnight delivery. I ask for a tracking number and am told to hold on while they look it up. They then tell me that they do not have a traking number for it. After about ten minutes of me refusing to let them call me back they tell me that this has happened to several orders and they are not sure what happened. I then explain to them that what must have happened is that they never shipped it since I never recieved anything and they have no traking number. After being put on hold I am told that they will be processing the order today and shipping it out this afternoon. I told them that i would be calling back before they closed for a tracking number and if I do not recieve one I will be disputing the charges on my credit card, filling a complaint with the BBB and anything else I can think of.
So basically after being charged over $31 for overnight delivery (maore than the parts I ordered) I am going to get my parts a week latter. No offer of a refund on my overnight shipping. No apology. No admitance that they even screwed up by not addressing the issue when I contacted them the two previous times this week or the day I ordered it when they confirmed it had shipped.
On a side note I ordered a hloster and mag pouch from Brownells on Monday and they have arived today via UPS ground.
Is there any other place to get stock Glock parts on the web?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:52:17 AM EDT
Never would have happened with 1911meister.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:54:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mjohn3006:

Yup!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:58:01 AM EDT
I have never had a problem with them, sorry you did.

Everybody is screwed up by the holidays.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:03:17 AM EDT
After you get the parts, do a charge back on your credit card.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:18:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/5/2006 1:49:23 PM EDT by drjarhead]
Settle down. You'll live longer.
I don't order overnight because every time I have from everyone I have it took the same as ground shipping. I am of the opinion they just ALL pocket the extra cash so doing so only improves their profit margin. So screw it, cheapest shipping I can do.

Try these:

www.lonewolfdist.com
www.cdnninvestments.com/glock5.html

CDNN has some great deals on parts right now. I ordered a bunch a couple of weeks ago.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:08:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:12:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:20:29 PM EDT
I ordered some parts from Glockmeister and I had
them ship priority US Mail.
The cost for Priority mail was $9.86 I think.
The final cost to ship the parts to me was about $3.85
I did get the parts very quickly though.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:26:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:31:23 PM EDT
I've never understood the attitude some use with vendors like that.. By Wednesday you knew they fucked up and they wouldn't or couldn't make amends. You rolled over and took it, so they had no reason to either improve their service or throw you a bone by at least refunding the shipping charge.

If they can't send it overnight (and Wed would've been my limit for that one, holidays and all), I would've cancelled my order and found the stuff elsewhere. No reason to be a jerk about it.. Just politely but firmly cancel the order (and dispute w/ CC if there is an issue), tell them why, and move on.

This kind of stuff happens frequently at my job, we order a lot of relatively small stuff from larger tech vendors. I've got about $5000 worth of laptop and accessories that went out UPS today. Brand new, everything was right except some software I was promised with the order. Tried to resolve it before the holidays and got the runaround, so the whole pile is going back to the vendor. Fuck them. I've got needs and money, and you aint gettin the money until you fill the needs.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:43:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:04:11 PM EDT

Yup.

Package probably went kaBoom.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:15:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By napalm:

Yup.

Package probably went kaBoom.

Only, because they incorrectly reused the packaging. Everbody knows that Glocks hate reloads.

SBG
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:26:03 PM EDT
Call them back tell em you shouldn't be charged for overnight shipping. I've ordered from glockmiester many times with no issues.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:35:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Big_Bear:

Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer:

Originally Posted By staraero:

yea right, THEFT is always a good thing to suggest .

remind me not to buy or sell anything to you.

Consider yourself reminded. On my shit list as well.

They did it

I don't use paypal anyway
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:40:27 PM EDT
UPS and USPS really dropped the ball this holiday season worse than past years
I have customers that ordered stuff the week before christmas that are just getting delivered
However I would ask for a refund on the shipping
I have had it happen before and it is not my fault ( UPS takes 3 days for a overnight ) but i ate the shipping just to keep a customer
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:54:17 PM EDT
Did you talk to Ben about this ? He has always done me right.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:07:25 PM EDT
Well they finnally shipped my parts gave me a tracking number this afternoon and I will have them tommorow. I'm not sure if it was Ben I talked to or not, no one ever bothered to mention thier name in any of the phone calls. I did mention getting refunded for shipping and was more or less ignored. I probably could have pushed the issue and gotten my shipping refunded, but was just glad to finnaly get a tracking number and be done with the whole mess. I keep hearing how great thier service is from everyone else, so hopefully this was a one time deal.

I've never understood the attitude some use with vendors like that.. By Wednesday you knew they fucked up and they wouldn't or couldn't make amends. You rolled over and took it, so they had no reason to either improve their service or throw you a bone by at least refunding the shipping charge.

If you would reread my original post you would see that I did not have a chance to contact them Wendsday. As far as canceling the order goes, I would have wound up having to order the parts from somewhere else and wait for a refund for God knows how long. The last time I did that with a vendor they never did refund me my money instead they shipped the item I ordered a month after I canceled the order. As far as thier reason to improve thier service or throw me a bone as you put it, I would think preventing threads like this would be reason enough.

Lancelot,
Have you ever ordered from glockparts.com before? Are they reputable?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:23:43 PM EDT
Most of my Glocks are 10 or more years old. So Glockmeister is the one place that has the correct extractors and such for the older guns.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:40:35 PM EDT
OK, here's what I don't understand.

Why did you pay for overnight shipping on a Friday? Why didn't they tell you that FedEx didn't do home deliveries on Saturday?

Why pay for overnight shipping on a holiday weekend when the earliest you will get it is the following Tuesday.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:01:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Big_Bear:

Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer:

yea right, THEFT is always a good thing to suggest .

remind me not to buy or sell anything to you.

Consider yourself reminded. On my shit list as well.

They did it

I don't use paypal anyway

Ya don't want to mess with Big Bear, at least until he gets HIS avatar back!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:02:13 PM EDT

OK, here's what I don't understand.

Why did you pay for overnight shipping on a Friday? Why didn't they tell you that FedEx didn't do home deliveries on Saturday?

Why pay for overnight shipping on a holiday weekend when the earliest you will get it is the following Tuesday.

I have no idea why they didn't tell me Fed Ex didn't do home deliveries on Saturday. I figured worst case I'd have the parts by Monday before I had to be back to work on Tuesday.
Top Top