Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/10/2006 5:50:40 PM EDT
I love my Glock pistols but I am not to happy with the company, they promise new things are coming and nothing for two years.  The GAP is a total non-starter for me.  Other than adding the light rail to the G-30 they don't seem to listen to their customers suggestions.  They are going to lose their LEO contracts because they will not make a modular grip and they are going to lose customer to other gun makers that will actually make single stack 9mm/40 S&W polymer pocket guns.  There is a massive movement towards CCW in this country and what do the give us the G-37 ooohhh goody goody.

They are totally missing the boat on a carbine and yet they tease their customer along every year “Oh there will be something new and exciting at the next SHOT Show” and what do we get, a new poster maybe.  They are going to lose market share because their product is getting stale.  For years shooter have been begging for a long slide 10mm/45ACP, Glock didn’t listen but Caspian did and they actually made them, thought they are way expensive.  Customers wanted a single stack 9mm and Keltec made one.  Customers wanted a pistol caliber carbine and Berretta made several of them.  Customers wanted a rifle caliber carbine and Berretta made one of those too.  Glock has turned into a company that knows what they are going give the customers whether it is what the customers want or not.  Will I still buy Glocks?  Sure, but there are a lot of other goodies that I will also be buying other things that they won’t be making any money off of me only because they don’t make that product.  Oh well, I guess the free market will play out and Glock will have to play catch up for a while.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:51:52 PM EDT
[#1]
so what was this years big suprise from Gaston and company?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:54:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Kaboom
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:54:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

That there is nothing new and that they will promise something big and special at SHOT '07
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:55:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Kaboom

More like Ka-Bust
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:56:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't understand the people who insist that every company come out with some new whiz bang thing every year, most of the time not being innovative themselves but simply copying another manufacturer.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:58:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Um, so if you don't introduce a new product the ones you already make stop working or something?

G
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:58:08 PM EDT
[#7]
or maybe KA-BORING
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:59:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I love my Glock pistols but I am not to happy with the company, they promise new things are coming and nothing for two years.  The GAP is a total non-starter for me.  Other than adding the light rail to the G-30 they don't seem to listen to their customers suggestions.  They are going to lose their LEO contracts because they will not make a modular grip and they are going to lose customer to other gun makers that will actually make single stack 9mm/45ACP polymer pocket guns.  There is a massive movement towards CCW in this country and what do the give us the G-37 ooohhh goody goody.

They are totally missing the boat on a carbine and yet they tease their customer along every year “Oh there will be something new and exciting at the next SHOT Show” and what do we get, a new poster maybe.  They are going to lose market share because their product is getting stale.  For years shooter have been begging for a long slide 10mm/45ACP, Glock didn’t listen but Caspian did and they actually made them, thought they are way expensive.  Customers wanted a single stack 9mm and Keltec made one.  Customers wanted a pistol caliber carbine and Berretta made several of them.  Customers wanted a rifle caliber carbine and Berretta made one of those too.  Glock has turned into a company that knows what they are going give the customers whether it is what the customers want or not.  Will I still buy Glocks?  Sure, but there are a lot of other goodies that I will also be buying other things that they won’t be making any money off of me only because they don’t make that product.  Oh well, I guess the free market will play out and Glock will have to play catch up for a while.

They do make a single stack .45
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:59:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Could the quality of their firearms be partially due to the fact that they dedicate all their time to one particular item? maybe they don't put out tons of new things each year because they want to focus on maintaining their customer service, quality, etc.

Just a thought.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:59:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I really wish they would make their pistols with modular grips.  I think any pistol without Modular grips is missing the new picture.  Dont make a customer chose between your product and someone elses just because of fit.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:02:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I love my Glock pistols but I am not to happy with the company, they promise new things are coming and nothing for two years.  The GAP is a total non-starter for me.  Other than adding the light rail to the G-30 they don't seem to listen to their customers suggestions.  They are going to lose their LEO contracts because they will not make a modular grip and they are going to lose customer to other gun makers that will actually make single stack 9mm/45ACP polymer pocket guns.  There is a massive movement towards CCW in this country and what do the give us the G-37 ooohhh goody goody.

You are correct.

I meant to type 40 S&W.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:02:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I don't understand the people who insist that every company come out with some new whiz bang thing every year, most of the time not being innovative themselves but simply copying another manufacturer.

I think people are mad because they said something big was coming.  Like they lied to everyone.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:02:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

no they don't, the Glock 36 doesn't exist and it's not on my hip right now, nothing to see move along
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:03:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Your rant about a modular grip is null and void...Look here about half way down the page.... glock does indeed listin some..

www.custom-glock.com/day2/index.html
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:03:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Glocks are good
Glocks are great
Just don't shoot reloads
As the manual states
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:05:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

no they don't, the Glock 36 doesn't exist and it's not on my hip right now, nothing to see move along

Corrected above, I miss typed.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:10:06 PM EDT
[#17]
SO because they have no new ground breaking products the current line up has become unacceptable?  Brilliant.  I will continue to shoot my Glocks and if they make something else I must have I will buy it.  If they don't I will still enjoy shotting my Glocks.  Do you want them to make an AR just so you can have a Glock AR?  

I like the idea of buying a product that a company has perfected.  Glock has done that and for that application I use thier product.  If they started making something else and it became a crap product I would not buy it.  They dont need to fix what is not broken.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:10:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I'll betTHISwas a suprise.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:13:05 PM EDT
[#19]

I don't want them to do anything to their pistols that would make them less reliable or make any other product that is not as reliable as their pistols.  The point is they make promises, don't keep them, and then just go on like nothing ever happened.  

I don't have a problem with them not changing their models but when other manufacturers hear what Glock customers are asking for and then produce it, Glock should not be surprised when they lose market share.

I find it amazing that entire companies spring up to fill the gaps that Glock leaves.  There is a company making steel frames that are modular, Caspian is making long slides for 45ACP and 10mm, you would think that when there is enough business for a new company to spring up then you have a niche you should at least address.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:15:52 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Your rant about a modular grip is null and void...Look here about half way down the page.... glock does indeed listin some..

www.custom-glock.com/day2/index.html

Did you happen to notice that those are steel?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:16:41 PM EDT
[#21]
I highly doubt they will lose much LEO business, they just come in and underbid everybody. If Glocks' guns can run reliably, shoot well and do it for less than other major manufacturers - who do you think LEO agencies will chose? This is the bottom line as much as I hate to admit it, because I can't stand 'em.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:17:15 PM EDT
[#22]
I saw some that looked polymer, I want to know more.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:17:16 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:17:30 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Move along Glock basher...   This thread doesn't concern you.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:20:16 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I saw some that looked polymer, I want to know more.

If that is true, that just proves my point, another company is producing "enhanced" Glock frames.  Why? Because there is a demand that is not being met by Glock.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:23:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Glock 17, 9K rounds in 7 months, 0 Failures.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:24:25 PM EDT
[#27]

Could the quality of their firearms be partially due to the fact that they dedicate all their time to one particular item? maybe they don't put out tons of new things each year because they want to focus on maintaining their customer service, quality, etc.

Just a thought.

Nicely stated.
What the hell do you people want. Another gun made from the Glock company that is like the XD, or a Kimber or a Walther, or a Whatever?
All of my Glocks function flawlessly on a day to day basis. I stake my life and the life of others on them. I could care less if Glock comes up with another mimic or repeat of an existing firearm out in the market now.
Their customer service and quality is and will always be top notch. I hope they just keep making what they do now with enhancements with the quality they are known for.
If I want something different I will buy another brand.  Just my .02
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:25:04 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:26:15 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

lunarpowered.com/photos/care-o-meter.jpg

i know, its sad you cant accept the truth. go troll somewhere else.  i think the rossi forum can use someone like you.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:26:20 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then why post in or even read this thread?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:27:29 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then why post in or even read this thread?

Because I can.

Quoted:
moron.

speak for yourself.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:57:59 PM EDT
[#32]
I've owned 7 diffrent gun manufacters (Taurus,Kimber,DPMS,Glock,Kel-Tec,WASR-10,Benelli) and Glock has been the only handgun that has worked flawlessly out of the box.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:02:24 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I've owned 7 diffrent gun manufacters (Taurus,Kimber,DPMS,Glock,Kel-Tec,WASR-10,Benelli) and Glock has been the only handgun that has worked flawlessly out of the box.

Which is exactly why I would like for them to make other products.

I am not bashing their product quality I am just irritated at their teasers that go nowhere and the fact that don't listen to what their customers actually want.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:18:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Nobody bitches that Randall doesn't make Multi-tools or that Boeing doesn't make motorcycles.

GLOCK makes SUPERB handguns in several sizes and several calibers. Why demand more from a company?

Sure, a carbine would be cool, but I don't think GLOCK has ever even hinted at making a carbine. As far as I know it was dreamed up and expected year after year by people who wished they made one.

Do you really think they are going to lose their #1 position in the LEO market to something with interchangeable backstraps??? Yeah, that SW99 has really taken police departments by storm. So much so, that S&W is coming out with yet a 3rd pistol to compete with GLOCK.

It would be nice if GLOCK made a small single stack 9mm, so you didn't have to buy a Kahr. However, I would guess that there were more G26s sold last year than all Kahrs combined.

Hell, I wish GLOCK would make a car that is as reliable as my GLOCK pistol, but that ain't gonna happen. As long as they are making the best pistols available, I'm not not going to complain.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:26:03 PM EDT
[#35]
I very much like my glocks 21 and 36.  You trolls can take your dontcareometer and use it to take your own rectal temperature.  Your numbnuttery and faggotry is absurd.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:29:05 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I very much like my glocks 21 and 36.  You trolls can take your dontcareometer and use it to take your own rectal temperature.  Your numbnuttery and faggotry is absurd.

I like your subtlety.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:33:29 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which is exactly why I would like for them to make other products.

I am not bashing their product quality I am just irritated at their teasers that go nowhere and the fact that don't listen to what their customers actually want.

I can see what you're saying about the teasing, but I think most of the customers that purchase Glocks want JUST that. A no nonsense handgun that will function on the surface of the moon if need be.

In the case of where I live, this state requires a built in gun lock in order to sell any type of handgun after Jan 2003. Glock did this, but other manufacturers haven't done anything to be able to sell new handguns here in state.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:39:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:52:52 PM EDT
[#39]
GLOCK doesn't make much, but what they make is damn good.
I'd rather them focus on making one great product rather than several mediocre ones.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:53:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Hmm... as to the one-off stuff, like custom longslides and such, maybe Glock is a mass-production company and isn't interested in making small runs of custom features? It's not like that's rare or anything - aren't there approximately a bazillion companies making custom 1911 mods, while Colt and such churn out standard bread-and-butter stuff?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:02:47 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Hmm... as to the one-off stuff, like custom longslides and such, maybe Glock is a mass-production company and isn't interested in making small runs of custom features? It's not like that's rare or anything - aren't there approximately a bazillion companies making custom 1911 mods, while Colt and such churn out standard bread-and-butter stuff?

I agree with you that they are mass-production but do you remember the limited issue of 17L's and G-24's this spring?  I understand that this no a new product but they can do it if they wanted.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:10:14 PM EDT
[#42]
There is already a Polymer frame carbine in both 9mm and .40 that takes Glock mags....  The Kel Tec SUB 2000.  I'm researching it, and I really dont see any good reason to not go for it.  It folds to be less than 16" long, can take Glock high cap mags (though I would get the Beretta mag model)  It is light, reasonable accurate, and pretty durable.

If you want a 5.56 polymer frame carbine, go for the Kel Tec SU-16.  There are several different models to choose from that will fit what you want.  It takes USGI mags and seems to be just what everyone who is crying for a Glock carbine in 5.56 is begging for.

Just because it doesnt say Glock on the side, doesnt mean it wont do 100% of what you want, is available RIGHT NOW (and for the past few years) and is of reasonable price and availability.  Not to mention it is made in USA.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:13:12 PM EDT
[#43]
So when is Glock gonna make a 1911?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:13:34 PM EDT
[#44]
The Glock carbine rumor was started by a post or article somewhere stating that Glock had built a 100 yd range. Since they don't testfire their pistols past 25 yds, many assumed that this meant a carbine was in the works.

Rumors of a "big announcement at the SHOT show" further fueled this.

The fact is that forcing a new product onto the market every year doesn't typically work out well. Let's look at some of the shining examples of this principal:

Bushmaster: Tried to jump on the .308 bandwagon. Low sales, some poor performance reported. Bushmaster took a bath on that one and completely dropped .308 rifles from performance. Also really pushed carbon series rifles. Few people want guns that appear to be made completely of cheap plastic.

Keltec: Awesome small pistols, only problem is that they aren't always reliable. Introduced .223 pistol. It looks really cool. I have only seen one review thusfar. The pistol reviewed suffered catastrophic failure.

Ruger: Introduces guns years before they actually reach production. Pisses off customers, albeit mostly customers from the skeet shooting community.

Ares: Shrike. Caused possibly the biggest stir in the NFA world in the last 10 years. Some credit them with single handedly doubling the prices for transferable M-16s. Dozens of orders unfilled.

Robinson Arms: M-96 looks good, preforms bad, all at a price few can afford. XCR fails to be selected during SCAR trials, marketed anyway, none produced to date.

Sigarms: Listens to cries of gun owners for civilian Sig rifles. Manages to produce one that is completely different from what consumers asked for.

These aren't the only companies that have pushed products that aren't close to being ready for production, or aren't what customers are looking for. Glock has thusfar stuck with what works. There are at least 2 dozen companies that make aftermarket parts and do frame work for Glocks. There are already carbine conversions for Glocks. In fact, nearly everything you could want for a Glock is out there already.

Considering that Glock makes some of the most popular pistols in the world, I think their company will survive not introducing a carbine this year.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:25:23 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Hopefully Never.

I would hate to see John Moses Browning kick off the dirt from his grave due to the unnatural rate of deaths from operating your own pistol.

Glock should stick to middle of the road quality 9mm's  and leave the real man calibers to actual gun makers.

SG
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:25:39 PM EDT
[#46]
My 2 main visited websites are AR15.com and GlockTalk.com.  There is no other pistol that gets the rants and raves as the glock does.  I think the Glock and AR15 platforms are the best pistol/rifle systems out there.  

I just purchased a G25 (subcompact 9mm) and LOVE it.  Only 500 rounds through it, but dead reliable and has less recoil than my full size Walther P99.  Accurate, reliable, and everything I want in a pistol.  Perfect for CCW.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:26:54 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
The Glock carbine rumor was started by a post or article somewhere stating that Glock had built a 100 yd range. Since they don't testfire their pistols past 25 yds, many assumed that this meant a carbine was in the works.

Rumors of a "big announcement at the SHOT show" further fueled this.

The fact is that forcing a new product onto the market every year doesn't typically work out well. Let's look at some of the shining examples of this principal:

Bushmaster: Tried to jump on the .308 bandwagon. Low sales, some poor performance reported. Bushmaster took a bath on that one and completely dropped .308 rifles from performance. Also really pushed carbon series rifles. Few people want guns that appear to be made completely of cheap plastic.

Keltec: Awesome small pistols, only problem is that they aren't always reliable. Introduced .223 pistol. It looks really cool. I have only seen one review thusfar. The pistol reviewed suffered catastrophic failure.

Ruger: Introduces guns years before they actually reach production. Pisses off customers, albeit mostly customers from the skeet shooting community.

Ares: Shrike. Caused possibly the biggest stir in the NFA world in the last 10 years. Some credit them with single handedly doubling the prices for transferable M-16s. Dozens of orders unfilled.

Robinson Arms: M-96 looks good, preforms bad, all at a price few can afford. XCR fails to be selected during SCAR trials, marketed anyway, none produced to date.

Sigarms: Listens to cries of gun owners for civilian Sig rifles. Manages to produce one that is completely different from what consumers asked for.

That was totally amazing wasn't it.  They truly could screw up a one car funeral.

These aren't the only companies that have pushed products that aren't close to being ready for production, or aren't what customers are looking for. Glock has thusfar stuck with what works. There are at least 2 dozen companies that make aftermarket parts and do frame work for Glocks. There are already carbine conversions for Glocks. In fact, nearly everything you could want for a Glock is out there already.

Considering that Glock makes some of the most popular pistols in the world, I think their company will survive not introducing a carbine this year.
I have no doubt that they will.  I also have little doubt I will be buying me a G-34 before spring too.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:34:53 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Without constant upgrades Glocks will fade away into oblivion.

Take the 1911 for example. Without the many upgrades that have occured to it over the last 100 years it would never be as popular as it is today. If you held the first 1911 up to one made today you wouldn't even be able to tell that they were the same gun.

Without the many upgrades for 1911s, they would be less reliable, less accurate, and less user friendly. Perhaps the reason for so many modifications and accessories is that few people want one the way it was designed. Even with all of the bells and whistles, 1911s aren't necessarily the best pistols to bet your life on. I have a Kimber that is several years old, properly maintained, and properly lubricated. After at least 1000 rounds, it still malfunctions occaisionally, even with quality mags and ammo. My Glocks have thousands of rounds through them without a single malfunction. Not one out of 6 pistols with thousands of rounds fired over several years.

The Browing Hi Power has been aroung since 1935 and it is still going strong virtually unchanged.

There are only two negative points to be found about Glock pistols. The first is that they either fit your hand or they don't. If they don't you have to have the frame modified, rather than being able to change the grips.

The second negative point is the infamous kb issue. Those that don't like Glocks are quick to point out that there have been a few that have exploded. There have also been HK pistols that have kb'd. The walls of the Small Arms Repair Shop at MCLB Albany are lined with rifles and pistols that have kb'd. 1911s, M-16s, M-2HBs, etc. The member here that had one kb never misses a chance to post about it. Coincidently, he is the same person that kb'd the Keltec .223 pistol I mentioned earlier. Kind of makes you wonder if there is some kind of pattern there.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:36:41 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hopefully Never.

I would hate to see John Moses Browning kick off the dirt from his grave due to the unnatural rate of deaths from operating your own pistol.

Glock should stick to middle of the road quality 9mm's  and leave the real man calibers to actual gun makers.

SG

If you're referring to the "kabooms" everyone loves to cite as a result of poor quality, then perhaps you'll notice that they are attributed to doing things specifically advised against by Glock. ie: using reloads.

I'll agree that the 1911 is a great weapon as much as the next guy, but I highly doubt you can substantiate your claim that Glock can't produce top notch weapons in what you call "real man" calibers.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:44:04 PM EDT
[#50]
I just wish they would make a single stack .45 fullsize.

ETA not the GAP either...I mean .45 ACP
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top