Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2006 10:19:11 AM EDT
I see a lot of guys complaining that Glock has a policy of saving a round from every pistol they manufacture.
I s there any truth to this?
Link to the info?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:20:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Alot of companies do.  Some states require a fired round to be included with the paperwork turned into the state.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:22:06 AM EDT
[#2]
they fire two rounds, they drop the casings into a little envelope that is included with the pistol, this allows people who live in commie states to abide by the law when they register their glocks.  mine came with two fired blazer aluminum casings.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:25:29 AM EDT
[#3]
IB4Larry
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:28:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
IB4Larry

Are you talking about LarryG from Georgia
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:29:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I see a lot of guys complaining that Glock has a policy of saving a round from every pistol they manufacture.two rounds are fired and the cases saved
I s there any truth to this?yes, they included them and if the law in your state says they have to have a fired case, the cases go to them like every other gun sold in that state, if there is no law then you get them just like the redhorseman said.
Link to the info?

Thanks

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:31:31 AM EDT
[#6]
S&W does it
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:31:37 AM EDT
[#7]
States that have yet to abandon ballistic fingerprint cataloging were requiring dealers to send them the spent cases to their crime lab.

If you buy a new S&W, GLOCK, Springfield, etc in my state - the shell casings are still in the case from the manufacturer.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:37:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
IB4Larry

Are you talking about LarryG from Georgia

Bingo.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:47:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Lawmakers haven't heard of aftermarket barrels yet.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:51:22 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

but the shell casing has nothing to do with the barrel unless they want to do that stupid micro etch thing.
Go to a range. Planty of used brass
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:55:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Except that if its anything like NYs shell casing law, the casings are collected under controlled conditions. You bring the gun and ammo in, they test fire the ammo while you wait, they collect the casings right there.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:56:13 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

but the shell casing has nothing to do with the barrel unless they want to do that stupid micro etch thing.

that's not exactly true, on the case can be found the markings of the chamber that can be matched up, but the cases really match the breech and fireing pin, and fireing pin hole and extractor markings  to a perticuler slide.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:58:27 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Except that if its anything like NYs shell casing law, the casings are collected under controlled conditions. You bring the gun and ammo in, they test fire the ammo while you wait, they collect the casings right there.

I'm so glad I moved
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top