Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2005 7:22:07 AM EDT
Doing a nice rant on the looting taking place.  He talked about the breakdown of the infrastructure and said "This is why you own a gun, to take care of yorself when society breaks down."   Also had a caller who said his daughter was a cop.  She told him the looters were posting snipers to keep the police at bay.  Interesting show.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:23:13 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Doing a nice rant on the looting taking place.  He talked about the breakdown of the infrastructure and said "This is why you own a gun, to take care of yorself when society breaks down."   Also had a caller who said his daughter was a cop.  She told him the looters were posting snipers to keep the police at bay.  Interesting show.

Christ..... what a place NOT to be.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:23:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I think it would be all over and people rolling in if cops are getting sniped at.

Come on.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:24:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I think it would be all over and people rolling in if cops are getting sniped at.

Come on.

+1

I find that hard to believe, but at this point, not much more can surprise me
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:24:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Come on.

It is    all over.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:26:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Come on.

+1

It's worth the effort, take over a Walmart and have $$$ millions in inventory.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:28:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Doing a nice rant on the looting taking place. He talked about the breakdown of the infrastructure and said "This is why you own a gun, to take care of yorself when society breaks down." Also had a caller who said his daughter was a cop. She told him the looters were posting snipers to keep the police at bay. Interesting show.

Is there some kind of organized looter command structure?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:29:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I was just listening to him also and can confirm what he said.

I like Glen Beck...........he just related a story of a father who got a call from his daughter at midnight......she basicly told him that she loved him and that she did not think she was going to make it out.

That stopped me cold. If it were me, I would be in the car by 12:30am, loaded for bear with supplies and I would find my daughter.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:30:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Come on.

+1

It's worth the effort, take over a Walmart GUN SHOP and have $$$ millions  FUN in inventory.

Fixed it for ya...
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:31:07 AM EDT
[#9]
there have been reports of cops being shot at.

but nothing organized
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:31:28 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Come on.

Yeah I'm sure there is just a ton of backup just sitting a donut shop with nothing better to do.  Anyone available is participating the continuing rescue effort.  Minor crimes like looting aren't even a concern when there are still people who need to be rescued.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:33:59 AM EDT
[#11]
This is just a taste of what it would be like if our counter-cultures ever get their way. Think Mogadishu. Not hard to believe at all. Much of the world is already like this. That's why they're dirt poor. Nobody is willing to invest in ruthless tribalism. Anybody who shows any sign of wealth or intelligence is hunted down for upsetting the balance of power on the streets. Gangland mob rule is an integral part of "democracy". That's why we established a republic. Power of the law vs. power of the gun.

Our society is a thin veneer of agreement. We submit to rules that are applied all across the land. When that veneer of authority goes away, like in New Orleans right now, then power extends as far as the range of your weapons. The rules change from block to block. The military will have to sort things out in NOLA.

America is truely unique, I hope we don't lose it. We're never more than three meals away from a revolution. Once it's gone, it's hard to get it back.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:37:27 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
This is just a taste of what it would be like if our counter-cultures ever get their way. Think Mogadishu. Not hard to believe at all. Much of the world is already like this. That's why they're dirt poor. Nobody is willing to invest in ruthless tribalism. Anybody who shows any sign of wealth or intelligence is hunted down for upsetting the balance of power on the streets. Gangland mob rule is an integral part of "democracy". That's why we established a republic. Power of the law vs. power of the gun.

America is truely unique, I hope we don't lose it. We're never more than three meals away from a revolution. Once it's gone, it's hard to get it back.

Great post, dude.

Amazing how quickly an American city can degenerate into a 3rd world shitstain.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:37:44 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Doing a nice rant on the looting taking place.  He talked about the breakdown of the infrastructure and said "This is why you own a gun, to take care of yorself when society breaks down."

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:39:00 AM EDT
[#14]
**HYPOTHETICAL**
The Louisiana version of martial law is declared and more importantly enforced. Ie: looters are shot on sight, property is commandeered, and all of this activity is VIDEOTAPED by CNN.

CNN being CNN, they will show the juiciest bits over and over again - -  worldwide.

By the demographics of New Orleans, we have a situation in which mostly *ahem* "underprivileged victims of white racism" are shot or arrested.

**OUTCOME**
"Protests and riots" break out in Washington DC, Detroit, Los Angles, Atlanta, and Cincinatti. How long before the "protests" ensues in your town, simply because of media coverage of LOOTERS in the cess-pool of the south, 'Nawlins, L'weezeana.

What part of the country do you live in? Have you had "protests" in your area before?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:40:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:41:44 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Great post, dude.

Thank you, sir.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:41:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Wow, this is some scary shit if you were in NO.

I said it in other posts.  Think about where you live and the people around you (if you are in a major city, which unfortunately I am).  What do you think they would do in a similar SHTF scenario?

Wobblin-Gobblin and others have said that those people stayed behind for a reason.  Looting was probably part of it.  They got first dibs at what was left before the more responsible folk returned from evacuating.  

Now the stay behinders are going nuts becuase the civil structure is gone and societal norms are out the window.  They are looting items that can't be saved because everything is flooded.  Where are you going to stash that $2,000 laptop you just ripped off?  on the fourth story of some office building?  Are you going to be able to get it back when the waters go down?  Probably not but they are stealing just to steal, breaking just to break.  Total lawlessness has set in and these people are taking advantage of it any way they can.  

Which is why they stayed behind to begin with.  They're not doctors, police (nevermind), nurses, firefighters, etc.  These people just don't care and are acting out their own little third world shithole paradise until they realize that it isn't fun to walk around in nasty toxic water and that they're hungry.  That's when they'll come back to uncle sugar for assistance.  Fucking sad.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:49:23 AM EDT
[#18]
When I said "all over" I meant the news, not the end of the world.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:52:17 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I was just listening to him also and can confirm what he said.

I like Glen Beck...........he just related a story of a father who got a call from his daughter at midnight......she basicly told him that she loved him and that she did not think she was going to make it out.

That stopped me cold. If it were me, I would be in the car by 12:30am, loaded for bear with supplies and I would find my daughter.

The car is not what you need at this point anyone with a boston whaler or similar shallow draft craft should be heading that way I would think.

I'd drain every card and cash supply I had.  My god. I'd be beside myself to get a call from my child like that.  Then again I'd have been on the way to get her days ago.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:54:55 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Our society is a thin veneer of agreement. We submit to rules that are applied all across the land. When that veneer of authority goes away, like in New Orleans right now, then power extends as far as the range of your weapons. The rules change from block to block. The military will have to sort things out in NOLA.

Best post of the past few days regarding the BS happening down south.
Saved to send ot a few friends I think will appriciate it.
Thanks
CH
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:55:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Right or wrong, here's how I feel.

Looters that are taking food is OK with me, because by law, it will not be sellable when the floods recede.  There is very little food left anywhere down there anyway.  The animals taking TV's, jewelry and money, should be shot on sight.  There's a fair amount of under reported raping going on too!  There will be some retribution  along the way!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:55:57 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
When I said "all over" I meant the news, not the end of the world.

No it wont.  That doesn not fit the 'help these poor folks' mode they are in, nor are they going to wade through shit and gators to get to the locations these things are happening.  Not saying the entire population is involved but the media is in full on sympathy mode and they will not be looking to portray the survivors as a city of rats.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:05:57 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

It's the Invaders.  The Invaders cause this kind of problem.  Certain folks just don't loot like other folks do.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:08:33 AM EDT
[#24]
damn.. just heard on cnn that a walmart was broken into and the entire gun dept is gone...

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:09:21 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
damn.. just heard on cnn that a walmart was broken into and the entire gun dept is gone...

Ouch, they normally have a good supply of guns in the back, not just the ~15 you see at the counter.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:14:22 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

probably what the "snipers" are using to shoot at cops right now.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:31:56 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fresh hunting models off the rack at WallyWorld, that haven't even been sighted in sporting $25 scopes, aren't going to be very effective at sniping.

If I saw this kind of activity and I was anywhere within a few hundred yards, that activity would suddenly keel over and stop.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:33:27 AM EDT
[#28]
With Detroit laying off cops look for this sort of behavior to spread like a cancer.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:35:20 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Great post, dude.

Thank you, sir.

I'm sorry, New Orleans crossed back and forth over the line even before the hurricane.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:58:53 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fresh hunting models off the rack at WallyWorld, that haven't even been sighted in sporting $25 scopes, aren't going to be very effective at sniping.

If I saw this kind of activity and I was anywhere within a few hundred yards, that activity would suddenly keel over and stop.

I think a .308 with iron sights would be more than adequate, as opposed to your supposed "not very effeective".
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:09:57 AM EDT
[#31]
All this stuff is why I've decided to finally put together a BOB bag and get more mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top