Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2010 6:03:36 AM EDT
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/beck-repudiates-brodens-violent-overthrow-comments-what-are-you-thinking/

Now, you really are a rodeo clown.

How a reasonably intelligent media guy could be so right about so many details of American history...

And yet so wrong on the most basic, fundamental documented philosophies and actual founding documents is beyond me.

Apparently, in your self deluded haze of becoming the the next Ghandi clone, you conveniently forgot anything you ever read or studied about the Bill of Rights and the 2nd Amendment, or Judeo-Christian ethics for that matter.

Anyone so blatantly moronic, so blinded by his own passion, so self-righteous as to forget the divinely inspired right to self defense and the RESPONSIBILITY to cast off the destructive tyranny of government through force of arms has no business informing the citizenry nor fancying themselves as some uber-moral educator.

You fucked up bad on this one.

Even complete reversal won't save you.

As far as I'm concerned, a quick move back into your bottle of self pity is the only possible remedy for such MASSIVE fail.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:09:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/beck-repudiates-brodens-violent-overthrow-comments-what-are-you-thinking/

How a reasonably intelligent media guy could be so right about so many details of American history...

And yet so wrong on the most basic, fundamental documented philosophies and actual founding documents is beyond me.

Apparently, in your self deluded haze of becoming the the next Ghandi clone, you conveniently forgot anything you ever read or studied about the Bill of Rights and the 2nd Amendment, or Judeo-Christian ethics for that matter.

Anyone so blatantly moronic, so blinded by his own passion, so self-righteous as to forget the divinely inspired right to self defense and the RESPONSIBILITY to cast off the destructive tyranny of government through force of arms has no business informing the citizenry nor fancying themselves as some uber-moral educator.

As far as I'm concerned, a quick move back into your bottle of self pity is the only possible remedy for such MASSIVE fail.

Unfortunately, if he agrees with the Pastor - then he is labeled an anarchist militant usurper trying to organize an over-throw of the US Government.   This would be blasted all over the major news networks and used to instantly discredit anything else Beck does (or has done).   It would also be used to justify the "Tea Party = Racists = Kill Obama = Must be Stopped" logic-fail that the liberals have been trying to unsuccessfully portray for years.

It's a lose-lose situation, and - regardless of your personal views - he kind of HAS to denounce violence on the air as a cultural expectation.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:11:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately, if he agrees with the Pastor - then he is labeled an anarchist militant usurper trying to organize an over-throw of the US Government.   This would be blasted all over the major news networks and used to instantly discredit anything else Beck does (or has done).   It would also be used to justify the "Tea Party = Racists = Kill Obama = Must be Stopped" logic-fail that the liberals have been trying to unsuccessfully portray for years.

It's a lose-lose situation, and - regardless of your personal views - he kind of HAS to denounce violence on the air as a cultural expectation.

Basically
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:12:57 AM EDT
[#3]

I think Glenn suffers from delusions of grandeur, and he truly feels like he is the only thing keeping millions of Americans from storming Washington DC with hunting rifles, AK47's and sticky-bombs.  

As much respect as I have for GB, and for all that he has accomplished, it might be time for him to take a STFU pill.  

The pastor was simply saying what is written in the U.S. Constitution, that Americans have a right and duty to overthrow a despotic government when necessary.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:13:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Get new tricks.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:14:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Ok, well this thread is basically over.

So what's better, 9mm or .45 ACP?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:15:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, so he has to deride a politician and lie about the proper place of force to maintain liberty...

...to stay on the air and remain "credible..."

"Fuck the truth..."

...yea, okay. Go lie to somebody else.

Because he's now no better than a politician, a scammer, an ingrate and a fraud.

I won't be listening.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:15:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Jumpina shark.....
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:16:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I think Glenn suffers from delusions of grandeur, and he truly feels like he is the only thing keeping millions of Americans from storming Washington DC with hunting rifles, AK47's and sticky-bombs.  

As much respect as I have for GB, and for all that he has accomplished, it might be time for him to take a STFU pill.  

The pastor was simply saying what is written in the U.S. Constitution, that Americans have a right and duty to overthrow a despotic government when necessary.

I bet money if he was constently pro-violence, found the right situation and sounded the call, *someone* would answer.

Oh, and lose his radio show, TV show, all his sponsors, millions of dollars, a few fans, and all his political connections.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:18:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet money if he was constently pro-violence, found the right situation and sounded the call, *someone* would answer.

Oh, and lose his radio show, TV show, all his sponsors, millions of dollars, a few fans, and all his political connections.

And do time in prison.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:18:52 AM EDT
[#10]
<Personal attack removed.  ––tbk1>
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:19:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:19:51 AM EDT
[#12]
I need tears for this to matter. Big, round, wet, running-down-your-cheek tears.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:24:34 AM EDT
[#13]
I prefer 9mm  
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:27:16 AM EDT
[#14]
OP Fail...

Beck's gotten a lot of unjustified heat for "advocating violence" (even though he doesn't) that he HAS to make statements like this to ensure he doesn't get thrown off the air.

Honestly, IN THIS INSTANCE, he's right. We're not to the point of armed overthrow.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:30:23 AM EDT
[#15]
I understand now.

I was warned.

And, they were right.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:32:27 AM EDT
[#16]
I don't listen to GB. I don't plan on it either. It is clear to me he was just trying to cover himself after making a dumb statement or presumtion. He should have just ignored the quote and not gone onto the topic at all. I bet he was planning on ripping into the person who said it and then found out it was his buddy. He was trying to create drama and once he started in on it he could not stop because of the circumstances.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:33:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Beck, I think, is treading on a very fine line.
There are a LOT of people waiting and hoping for any chance to "prove"
that Beck, the 9/12ers, 8/28ers, TEA Party, etc are racists and prone to
violence.  There is a reason he has been very vocal telling everyone that violence is not the answer.
IMHO, all it will take is one incident, contrived or not, to convince a large
portion of the USA that the progressives are correct - that those in
the aforementioned groups are a bunch of crazy militant racists - and
the movement would become too hot for anyone to touch.
Not agreeing with what he said with regards to the OP, but I can understand why he did.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:34:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Beans vs. no beans

If to don't like Beck...............don't watch.  Got these cool gizmos now with buttons and stuff, they change the channel for you....................................use it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:34:58 AM EDT
[#19]
He will go down in History as the Greatest Book Salesman ever.

He makes great points, and sells Fear well.

All Free-Market Capitalists should take notes.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:35:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
OP Fail...

Beck's gotten a lot of unjustified heat for "advocating violence" (even though he doesn't) that he HAS to make statements like this to ensure he doesn't get thrown off the air.

Honestly, IN THIS INSTANCE, he's right. We're not to the point of armed overthrow.

The person who said the remark said that we weren't either. He said it wasnt the first choice but is still on the table.

GB was just making drama without all of the facts or knowing who said the quote.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:38:15 AM EDT
[#21]
IB4 the "Turd World Shithole" comments.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:39:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Beck, I think, is treading on a very fine line.

There are a LOT of people waiting and hoping for any chance to "prove" that Beck, the 9/12ers, 8/28ers, TEA Party, etc are racists and prone to violence.  There is a reason he has been very vocal telling everyone that violence is not the answer.

IMHO, all it will take is one incident, contrived or not, to convince a large portion of the USA that the progressives are correct - that those in the aforementioned groups are a bunch of crazy militant racists - and the movement would become too hot for anyone to touch.

Not agreeing with what he said with regards to the OP, but I can understand why he did.

There is much truth is this post.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:39:32 AM EDT
[#23]
I listen to Beck on occasion and this fits with his philosophy of total repudiation of violence.

He is consistent.

He is wrong.

To do, as he requests, and completely take the threat of violence off of the table is to defang the movement before it starts. Rush Limbaugh's "Undeniable Truth" #6 is this:

6. Ours is a world governed by the aggressive use of force.

Sucks, but it is true. To so completely remove yourself from the reality of that is to be destined to failure. Recognizing the truth, whether it be Limbaugh's #6 or Mao Tse Tung's "Power comes from the barrel of a gun" is not a tacit approval or desire to use force against your fellow man, it is a realization of how the world works.

And sometimes you have to get all the way to Churchill...

"If you will not fight for the right when you can
easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory
will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you
will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance
of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when
there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to
live as slaves."

I still think we are at the first step, but I fully accept the fact that we can get to the last step.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:46:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

No love for .40? .357 Sig???

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:47:46 AM EDT
[#25]
I like beans,and 45>9MM FTW
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:50:54 AM EDT
[#26]

This

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:56:16 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I listen to Beck on occasion and this fits with his philosophy of total repudiation of violence.

He is consistent.

He is wrong.

To do, as he requests, and completely take the threat of violence off of the table is to defang the movement before it starts. Rush Limbaugh's "Undeniable Truth" #6 is this:

6. Ours is a world governed by the aggressive use of force.

Sucks, but it is true. To so completely remove yourself from the reality of that is to be destined to failure. Recognizing the truth, whether it be Limbaugh's #6 or Mao Tse Tung's "Power comes from the barrel of a gun" is not a tacit approval or desire to use force against your fellow man, it is a realization of how the world works.

And sometimes you have to get all the way to Churchill...

"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."

I still think we are at the first step, but I fully accept the fact that we can get to the last step.

+1

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 7:08:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
OP Fail...

And don't forget, the OP has always been against Beck.

Don't let the title of the post fool you.

And for all you he-man types that want to go to war, I'll ask what I've ask a hundred times...

HOW IN THE HELL IS BECK STOPPING YOU!?!?

Go pick up your AR and go for it! Your cause is so just, go forth and slay.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 7:15:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, so he has to deride a politician and lie about the proper place of force to maintain liberty...

"Fuck the truth..."

Because he's now no better than a politician, a scammer, an ingrate and a fraud.

I won't be listening.

Your statements don't quite make sense to me...  but I'm not a Beck Band-wagoneer either, so I'm not offended if you hate him.   I'm just pointing out the obvious.

Also, that politician's remarks were made regarding the CURRENT political climate and the EXISTING power structure in DC - that politician was NOT making a generalized argument in support of (or analyzing) the purpose of the Second Ammendment - he was talking about the present political landscape in this country.  

The VAST majority of people - even on this site - don't think it's Fo Time yet.   So the fact that Beck is on the same page probably makes Beck more mainstream than you (or the Democratic Underground for that matter).   However, Beck was - as far as I can tell - denouncing a politician who is making thinly veiled accusations that the American People are getting ready to rise up and storm the Capital Building.   Beck would be a fool to support him and, for all of Beck's self-importance and cry-babying on the air, I think he yet again stands vindicated in this situation.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 7:16:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Ak47 vs Ar15
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 7:45:36 AM EDT
[#31]
10mm, of course!
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 7:53:51 AM EDT
[#32]

There is a time for armed revolution. That is why we have the 2nd amendment. It is not that time yet. The pastor simply recognized that FACT. Armed revolution can never be taken off the table. It is it’s threat that prevents tyranny.

Glenn says that you will be eaten. I believe he is correct.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 7:56:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Glen Beck does some good.  He's kind of a tool.  As far as this thing he has to repudiate it or the media piles on it helps them cast opposing Oama as violent extremism.  It's just reality.  Beck talks about people arming themsleves advertises gun safes on teh show, etc etc..
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:02:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:03:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Fuck the truth..."

I won't be listening.

I was very disappointed in his statements and those of Pat during that segment. He is wrong about it, but that does not mean that I will not keep listening. He grew a lot in the last few years. He will eventually have to admit that the 2nd Amendment still means what it say and is still relevant. Its just going to take more time for him to grow into it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:06:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Yeah he lost me, but he had his moments.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:12:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Yah, Beck sucks....  Go back to listening to Obama.

eta: Rush is on now....   It's all good.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:14:32 AM EDT
[#38]
The truth is unspeakable
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:16:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Glenn Beck supported the bailouts. I thought I heard him talking on his show about it, and I started looking today, but I couldn't find anything. This is the only video I've found so far where he admits it. The caller is very immature, but Beck does admit he supported the bailouts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr8EPYcLmvQ
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:20:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The truth is unspeakable

+1

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:21:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Glenn Beck supported the bailouts. I thought I heard him talking on his show about it, and I started looking today, but I couldn't find anything. This is the only video I've found so far where he admits it. The caller is very immature, but Beck does admit he supported the bailouts.

He Stu have both admitted they were wrong about the bail outs.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:26:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice timing. That's my point.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:33:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice timing. That's my point.

Beck actually reversed his position on the bailouts before they were first passed under Bush.  He had a bunch of shows (on HLN) where he was talking about how the plane was crashing, and the bailouts wouldn't get it flying again, but they may make impact less severe.  Later, he came out and said (on the tv show, again) that the more he thought about it, the more it didn't sit right, and he could no longer support the idea.  This was all before anything was actually passed.  I remember because at the time I believed the bailout was necessary, too, and disagreed with him when he changed his mind.  I was wrong.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:34:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that is where he has been all along

+1

I like... owe you a beer or something...
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:35:14 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Phew, glad you've never made a mistake!

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:37:57 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Basically

In addition, one needs a majority to pull off any "revolution." You do not have to have a majority of active participants, but you must have at least a majority of passive support.

If you can get that here, you can still bring about the change you want without the "revolution." So it is a self-defeating proposition (AT THIS TIME).
Until things change, it is counter-productive to call of something that like that.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 9:28:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Which part of what document?
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 9:43:44 AM EDT
[#48]
For 20,000 rubles who is Reverend Manning? and what has the Obama administration done to him
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 9:53:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Beck actually reversed his position on the bailouts before they were first passed under Bush.  He had a bunch of shows (on HLN) where he was talking about how the plane was crashing, and the bailouts wouldn't get it flying again, but they may make impact less severe.  Later, he came out and said (on the tv show, again) that the more he thought about it, the more it didn't sit right, and he could no longer support the idea.  This was all before anything was actually passed.  I remember because at the time I believed the bailout was necessary, too, and disagreed with him when he changed his mind.  I was wrong.

Yeah, that's what I remember him saying. If I remember correctly, he was saying we needed the bailout to be many times larger than it was. The cynical side of me is suspicious that he saw the error of his ways in order to improve his career, not because he was convinced he was wrong. I could be wrong, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top