Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 8/1/2009 4:02:07 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/1/2009 4:04:15 AM EST by TheRocketmac]
http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/28438/

(hot so FoxNews knows)

From the show:
I need you to help me define what the fronts are. What are the lines that they are moving in and pushing on. For instance, healthcare cannot be passed. No form of universal healthcare. Because it is not about the healthcare. It is about the structure, and I will outline this in the next few days. Structure is what matters. Nothing else matters. Structure is what matters. We need to watch the czars. We need to watch cap and trade, structure on cap and trade. We need to watch ‑‑ quite honestly we need to guard, as much as I hate every member of congress, we need to guard congress because the executive branch is devouring all other branches. They are devouring it, and the people in congress are so stupid, so insipid or so in on the game, they are going to find themselves irrelevant wildly fast. We must guard all three branches of government. It is a shell game. It is a transformation. And what I said to you over a year ago, you will wake up someday and your country will not be the same. It's happening, and it's happening right now. But one person can't watch it all. No media source can even do it. I have ‑‑ it's Sophie's Choice every day. I come in and I don't know what to talk about because I've got so much to talk about. I can't cover it all. I can't do it all justice. Don't worry about it. You just make sure they don't move. You just pin them and make sure they don't move. That's all that has ‑‑ there needs to be wrenches in the gears of this government. I have never been for a "Do nothing" congress. I mean, I like it when they do nothing. It's much better when they're doing nothing than something. But I have never been ‑‑ I've always hated the obstructionists. I've always hated the parties who were like, "Yeah, well, now they're just going to thwart everything." And they do. The Republicans do it and the Democrats do it. It's time for the people to do it. Stop the machinery of this government because they are building something, and you do not want to have that unveiled. Believe me, you do not want that unveiled. Stop the machinery of government. Watch them on ‑‑ and here's the great thing. You don't have to watch them on all fronts. There are 10 million listeners. Pick the thing that interests you. Are you into guns? Are you into healthcare? Do you know it? Do you feel it? Do you watch something on TV and say, "I know this, I know what they're doing!" Follow it! Don't pay attention to all of it. You'll get lost. That's what they want us to do. So don't follow all of it. Follow the thing that your gut says "This is important and I understand this and I get this." Just follow that one thing and alert me. We will put the gears into at least neutral. Eventually we will jam that back into reverse. And if we don't, we'll strip all the damn gears because it will be time to get out of the car and rebuild it the American way. So I ask you, will you be a constitutional watchdog. The time has come to bark and to bark loudly. Understand what this means. What this means is you may be called a racist, a homophobe, a hate monger, you want to starve children. Whatever it is, whatever your category is, they will find a way to ridicule you because that's what Saul Alinsky taught them to do: Have no fear. No fear no more! Stand up! You know the truth. Stand for the truth because only the truth will set us free.

The link "Alert Glenn"

So when you see the logo: at the bottom of the screen, it should have been 'reported' by someone that shares the ARFCOM majority mindset and/or beliefs.

I know Beck is hard to watch/listen to most of the time, I really do. However, like a blind monkey, he occasionally finds a banana. At least with this, he's either giving us an honest chance to help and contribute or make us feel like we are if we really aren't.

Due defense: I searched for "Beck Constitution", "Beck Watchdog", "Foxnews Beck Watchdog" using the search in GD and didn't find anything from the past 7 days under topic or reply.

Please keep the discussion civil (I know) as I think this idea could have potential..
Sorry for the typos or disjointed thoughts, no caffeine yet this morning.

/ETA: If a dupe is discovered, let me know and I'll ask a mod to remove/lock this thread as this is too important to have dispersed amongst multiple threads.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 6:21:32 AM EST
We can watch all we want but it really comes down to what these asses do in Congress AFTER they are voted in. That we have NO control of. Even voting them OUT in the next cycle is not a deterrent because whatever has been voted into law is DAMN hard to get rid of no matter WHO is in Congress....
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 6:47:31 AM EST

Originally Posted By foxherb53:
We can watch all we want but it really comes down to what these asses do in Congress AFTER they are voted in. That we have NO control of. Even voting them OUT in the next cycle is not a deterrent because whatever has been voted into law is DAMN hard to get rid of no matter WHO is in Congress....

Agreed.

As stated many a time on here. It's 1 part truth, 1 part BS and a whole lotta spin.
Top Top