Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2005 4:17:55 PM EDT
Would you be able to feel if you got a piece of glass in your eye?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:19:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes. You will be able to feel intense pain. If you think you have glass in your eye, have someone take you to the emergency room RIGHT NOW!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:21:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't feel any intense pain but I did break a graduated cylinder base and the glass was all over my carpet. I used a mini vac and the exhaust blew something into my eye. Since it took a lot of effort to vacuum up the glass, I don't think a piece of it actually went into my eye, it could have been dust or something.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:25:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Dont rub it thats for sure. Have someone use a small flashlight and shine it at your eye from different angles and try to see it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:25:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Check your eye for irritation and flush it out with water. If it continues or worsens have someone take you to the E.R Immediately.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:33:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I am a Commercial Carpenter, we get nasty bits of stuff in our eyes all the time. I've been to the E.R. twice because of this, Once for me and once for one of my men. The eye is really good at washing crap out of itself. If you had something in there and it washed out it will still feel like there is something in there for a day or so until the scratch on your cornea heals. I would suggest going to the hospital tonight if you even THINK that something is still in there. They will put drops in there and scan it to be sure the glass is gone and give you antibiotic drops to take with you.

With all of the BS reasons people go to the E.R. this sounds like a good one, at least for the peace of mind.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:21:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I have had mostly grit and my own eyelashes in my eye and I could feel there's ssomething there.

Sometimes I get styes? (weird pimple/acne like things that you scratch and it comes out as yellow wax?) and occaisonally they will grow behind the eyelid.

I can't determine if it's my allergies, a stye, or what.

I wear glasses too so the glass would have had to flow around my glasses using just the exhaust flow from my mini vacuum cleaner.

But is it safe to assume that if I did get glass, I'd probably be in pain right now?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top