Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 6:05:53 PM EDT
I need a place to put a receptacle and I dont want to put one flat on the counter top, I was thinking of making it 2 levels and putting the plugin on the side of the higher level. If you have any pics post them. I need some ideas.

The basic layout
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:07:39 PM EDT
[#1]
My kids decorated it with crayons in case your wondering what that is.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:10:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you gonna put a trap door to put a AR15 in? With 6 30 round mags?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:12:00 PM EDT
[#3]
My compliments on encorporating you black rifle into your kitchen remodeling design. Most interior design artist always forget those kinds of details. Well done.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:12:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Cute face artwork.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:12:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Are you gonna put a trap door to put a AR15 in? With 6 30 round mags?

It will have a hidden door directly beneath the AR on the side behind the sink
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:15:19 PM EDT
[#6]
-1 for no stapler.

j/k I think I would put one the side opposite the sink just below the countertop.

EDIT: n/m hidden door.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:15:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Eso es el negro de shiznit.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:15:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Your Island?  You mean Ireland?
Yeah...it's mine! [grins]
Your a madman
ha ha ha Well I guess I came to the right place then ha ha ha

I was confused by the title.

Nice Island!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:17:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
-1 for no stapler.

j/k I think I would put one the side opposite the sink just below the countertop.

EDIT: n/m hidden door.

Thats what i meant.
Nailer is in the case under the cook top
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:51:58 PM EDT
[#10]
no pics?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:50:30 AM EDT
[#11]
last bump
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:46:18 AM EDT
[#12]
No beach...no palm trees....no nekkid native girls.  Your island sucks.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:49:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Why not put them on the side? Thats how I have seen it/ done it. No reason in the world to have one on top of the island.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:47:03 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Why not put them on the side? Thats how I have seen it/ done it. No reason in the world to have one on top of the island.

I wanted it there for blenders, mixers etc. I think Im gonna go with two levels
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:50:17 AM EDT
[#15]
I would have to dig out my code book, but I don't think you can surface mount a receptacle on a countertop.  Either make your island 2 levels or put it on one of the other vertical surfaces of the island.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:52:06 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
No beach...no palm trees....no nekkid native girls.  Your island sucks.

+1

A proper island would have an army of hot chicks so you can live like a James Bond villain.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:52:55 AM EDT
[#17]
+1 for on the side.
It is unobtrusive, and works very well.
Why break up a large flat space into 2 smaller flat spaces?
You may end up regretting that.
I have outlets on the side of my kitchen penninsula.
No regrets.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:42:44 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I would have to dig out my code book, but I don't think you can surface mount a receptacle on a countertop.  Either make your island 2 levels or put it on one of the other vertical surfaces of the island.

Code? What code I live in Arkansas
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:52:11 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Along the raised edge of the split level would work given their is enough to fasten the box to.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:56:26 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You should still do your electrical work according to national code even if there isn't any local additional code issues or any inspector.  Most of the national electrical code is for safety, some of it is for the benefit of manufacturers so they can force us to use shit we don't need, but mostly it is safety related.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:55:15 AM EDT
[#21]
You've already created the base for the island. I don't know why you are asking this big design change question now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top