Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/24/2005 1:26:18 AM EDT
Okay...it is OFFICIALLY OUT OF HAND!!!  I was headed off to Gravity Tester's house this afternoon and as I am cruising through the laid back town of Queen Creek, Arizona I happened to pass a girl on horseback enjoying the 75+ degree, sunny weather.  Very common here in AZ......but what is she doing whilst trotting Mr. Horsey down the side of the road????  TALKING ON HER CELL PHONE!!!!

Doesn't anyone enjoy SOLITUDE????

If I am off horseback riding, the LAST thing I want is a gun on my hip designed after 1911 and a cell phone stuck to my ear.

Is it really my business?  NOOOO......  Did I wanna jump out of my Jeep and make her stop?  Nooooo.....

Should I have even cared???  Nooooo...

but DAMN!!!!!  
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:53:13 AM EDT
[#1]

i'll wait till the horses are on cell phones.....
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:59:55 AM EDT
[#2]
you shoulda done 1 of 3 things.  Either

A: Drawn down on her

B: Nuke her from space

C: both!

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:06:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Was she hot?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:48:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Was she hot?

Heavy...but nice looking....the horse was definitely in better shape

however, later that night at a party

met a girl that was mind numbingly beautiful....and also very nice at the same time....that doesn't happen often.....

sure wish I didn't look like this:
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:09:46 AM EDT
[#5]
The whole "on the cell phone every waking minute everywhere you go"thing is part of the instant access, consume mentality that has taken over this country. Everywhere I go these days I am surrounded by people that have everything....every stupid convenience item, every gadget, every communication device, every way to stay in touch with everyone and record every thing.

Its stupid.
These are the same people that left to their own devices stranded in the wilderness would be dead in a week.

I rarely go to malls or big stores.
Recently I found myself in a Best Buy - it was the first time I had been in one.
I had not been in an electronics type store for at least 10 years or more...I was shocked with the stuff I saw.

The thing that just pushed me over the edge....a $30,000 television set!!!

People have too much stuff, they are getting lazy and spoiled, and when they are tested it wont be a surprize that they will all fold like a bad hand of cards.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:40:47 AM EDT
[#6]
And they pay closer attention to the cellphone than to their driving/riding..........right?

..........it's the fall of mankind!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:42:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
People have too much stuff, they are getting lazy and spoiled, and when they are tested it wont be a surprize that they will all fold like a bad hand of cards.

CORRECT!..........101% correct!..........it will be funny to watch though.......
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:20:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Saw a youngster on his newish Harley yesterday stop at a red light and answer an incoming call. I guess it shouldn't have been a surprise... tennis shoes, no helmet, bumper-to-bumper, on urban and 6-lane US-1 in Miami, and way past noon on the "office party" day.  Possible future Darwin award-winner.  I'm sure the younger generation would just think of him as multi-tasking.   Stay safe
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:21:06 AM EDT
[#9]

These are the same people that left to their own devices stranded in the wilderness would be dead in three days.

Fixed that for ya
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:31:28 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Was she hot?

met a girl that was mind numbingly beautiful....and also very nice at the same time....that doesn't happen often.....

Was that Gravity_Tester's sister in law he keeps bragging about?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:41:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Okay...it is OFFICIALLY OUT OF HAND!!!  I was headed off to Gravity Tester's house this afternoon and as I am cruising through the laid back town of Queen Creek, Arizona I happened to pass a girl on horseback enjoying the 75+ degree, sunny weather.  Very common here in AZ......but what is she doing whilst trotting Mr. Horsey down the side of the road????  TALKING ON HER CELL PHONE!!!!

If I am off horseback riding, the LAST thing I want is a gun on my hip designed after 1911 and a cell phone stuck to my ear.

Is it really my business?  NOOOO......  Did I wanna jump out of my Jeep and make her stop?  Nooooo.....

but DAMN!!!!!  

Hey, my best friend in the world (after my husband) lives in Queen Creek!  Was this girl about 30, cute with a couple extra pounds on her, with long blonde hair?  She might have been talking to me!  (Okay, my friend doesn't ride horses, that I know of.  But I've never met anyone else from Queen Creek, so I had to comment).
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:43:01 AM EDT
[#12]
oops
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:46:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:51:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Saw a youngster on his newish Harley yesterday stop at a red light and answer an incoming call. I guess it shouldn't have been a surprise... tennis shoes, no helmet, bumper-to-bumper, on urban and 6-lane US-1 in Miami, and way past noon on the "office party" day.  Possible future Darwin award-winner.  I'm sure the younger generation would just think of him as multi-tasking.   Stay safe

I can top that one. I saw a kid riding a crotch rocket in Tampa, talking on his phone while driving the bike.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:59:40 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can top that one. I saw a kid riding a crotch rocket in Tampa, talking on his phone while driving the bike.

I recently saw a 60+ year old Harley guy, long gray hair, beard, leather jacket and all (and chick on the back), talking on his cell phone while driving his bike on the Beltway.  All I could think was "WTF? How can he even hear?"  

Actually, now that I think about it, maybe it was the chick on the phone.

No, nevermind, it was definitely the guy.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:02:12 AM EDT
[#16]
How about the traffic jam I was in yesterday? Right lane is all snarled up, going about 40 (55 zone).

People are trying to get to the left lane where things are moving a little more. Strangely, I look far ahead and see clear traffic.

Moving up the left lane, I finally get to the source of the problem limping along in the right lane about 45mph (remember it's a 55 zone and people generally do at least 65, usually more):

A woman thoroughly immersed in her cell phone conversation
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:04:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Its not girls, its not guys. Its society. As for individual phones and gadgets, guys are worse than women in that area.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:07:10 AM EDT
[#18]
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/national/AP-Swallowed-Cell-Phone.html

....sometimes I wonder about folks in my home state......we are the turkey capitol, we've elected a dead senator,  Missouri is the meth capitol ....read on

Woman Swallows Cell Phone After Argument

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: December 24, 2005

Filed at 4:24 a.m. ET

BLUE SPRINGS, Mo. (AP) -- A lovers' dispute over a cell phone ended suddenly when the woman swallowed the phone whole, police said.

Police said they received a call at 4:52 a.m. Friday from a Blue Springs man who said his girlfriend was having trouble breathing. When they arrived at the house they found the 24-year-old woman had a cell phone lodged in her throat.

''He wanted the phone and she wouldn't give it to him, so she attempted to swallow it,'' Detective Sgt. Steve Decker of the Blue Springs Police Department. ''She just put the entire phone in her mouth so he couldn't get it.''

Police said an ambulance transported the woman to St. Mary's Medical Center in Blue Springs. A hospital spokeswoman said she couldn't give details about the woman's health since police have not released her identity.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:09:34 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

but DAMN!!!!!  

Amazingly other people have lives and families and have the need for a cell phone.  If you don't care so much then why are you ranting?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:11:17 AM EDT
[#20]
I try to find more significant thing to get worked up over.

I don't think electronic gadgetry is a sign of the apocalypse.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:12:50 AM EDT
[#21]
I'll never forget...

One day, I'm driving down the road on a nice warm sunny day.  I've got my windows down and my tunes up.  I come to a stop, and there's a car right in front of me with two females in it.  Both of them are on cell phones having very animated conversations.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:17:17 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I've met more chicks afraid of solitude than I can count.  I've even met chicks that weren't partictularly sluts, but couldn't stand to be alone, and when their boyfriends were gone for extended periods ended up fucking the closest male friend they could find just to salve their lonliness.  Or at least that's what they said.  Sluts.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:18:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Try going to a college campus. In between classes, 90% of the women are on the phone.

Kids these days...
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:23:16 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I try to find more significant thing to get worked up over.

I don't think electronic gadgetry is a sign of the apocalypse.

The horsemen will come next. Just wait and see.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:35:40 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Was she hot?

Was that Gravity_Tester's sister in law he keeps bragging about?

NO...however, G'Testers sisters in law (both of them ) are very pretty....they are friends of mine.....
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:38:58 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

but DAMN!!!!!  

Hey, my best friend in the world (after my husband) lives in Queen Creek!  Was this girl about 30, cute with a couple extra pounds on her, with long blonde hair?  She might have been talking to me!  (Okay, my friend doesn't ride horses, that I know of.  But I've never met anyone else from Queen Creek, so I had to comment).

Howdy, LL!!!

No this girl had about 50 extra pounds......and she was riding along the fenceline of a horse ranch ( I am sure she was part of the family or crew ).....

I've been thinking....at leat a cell phone would be handy in the event your horse got a flat ( threw a shoe ) or ran out of gas!!!!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:46:14 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ever seen a guy driving a car and playing the trumpet at the same time?

I didn't think so...
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:47:58 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ever seen a guy driving a car and playing the trumpet at the same time?

I didn't think so...

Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:49:00 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Its not girls, its not guys. Its society. As for individual phones and gadgets, guys are worse than women in that area.

Guys like gagdets, sure. But women (not all, just most in a certain age bracket) are constantly talking on the damn cell phone
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:49:24 PM EDT
[#30]
 I know I am not the only one in the nation that is irritated by thw whole cell phone thing....but it means more to me when I know it drives you guys nuts, too.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:28:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:14:31 PM EDT
[#32]
In a 2000 pound car, I can see...but a 2000 pound horse?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:33:51 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

**Driving** the bike?  
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:38:26 PM EDT
[#34]
My favorite one was the chick I saw behind me the other day. She was driving a Sunfire, talking on the phone tailgating me in stop and go traffic. All of sudden I heard tires squak from brakes locking and look behind me and there is the chick flipping me off. Then she flies past me and I notice the front of her car all smashed in. I guess this is a regular habit of hers.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:43:11 PM EDT
[#35]
I fly a plane 4 hours a day. A few weeks ago my boss was filling in for my regular back seater. I start talking to him on the intercomm... no reply I look back and he is struggling to talk on his cell phone over the roar of the aircraft. Crazy. I shut my phone off when I fly. I used it from the plane once for an emergency.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:45:08 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
My favorite one was the chick I saw behind me the other day. She was driving a Sunfire, talking on the phone tailgating me in stop and go traffic. All of sudden I heard tires squak from brakes locking and look behind me and there is the chick flipping me off. Then she flies past me and I notice the front of her car all smashed in. I guess this is a regular habit of hers.

this is why I have a foot of trailer hitch at all times on the back of my pick-up
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:20:52 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
How about the traffic jam I was in yesterday? Right lane is all snarled up, going about 40 (55 zone).

People are trying to get to the left lane where things are moving a little more. Strangely, I look far ahead and see clear traffic.

Moving up the left lane, I finally get to the source of the problem limping along in the right lane about 45mph (remember it's a 55 zone and people generally do at least 65, usually more):

A woman thoroughly immersed in her cell phone conversation

If they're in the right lane, they're doing good.  

If they do that in the left lane I sometimes feel the need to make a point. Once I finally get around them I immediately get in front of them and take my foot off the gas.  Do it long enough and they will change lanes.  
  This method also works when there are three vehicles side-by-side pacing each other and holding back traffic, and you pass on the shoulder and cut over to the left lane to break the pace car event.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:34:14 PM EDT
[#38]
I've seen my share of guys talking on the phone... but guys don't 'talk on the phone' like girls do.  Someone said it right about girls and solitude (witnessed {no, I didn't actually see the act} my cousin, who is very attractive, who earlier that day professed her love for her boyfriend who recently shipped out to Iraq, turn around and fuck one of her guy friends.  I was crashing at her apartment when I visited Phoenix at the time... her and her friend were like 'I can't believe we did that!'.  They weren't even drunk.  I was gonna say something, but held my tongue)

I've seen women backing out of their driveways, already with the phone to thier ears.  My father told me about a woman behind him at a red light... picked up her phone, and called no less than 4 different numbers, obviously not getting an answer at the first three...   I've had a female friend call me, and chat with me, then hear "OH SHIT!", or something not good (luckily no crashes), and then realize she's in her car.  I would then tell her to get where she's going and call me back.  

I might answer my phone or make a call while I'm driving, but only if I'm on a long, straight road.  Driving a 6 speed manual and talking on the phone don't mix.  I keep the calls short and to the point, and won't answer if I'm in traffic.  I don't get called that much, so it's rare either way.  

It's society becoming complacent.  I'm not complacent.  I watched a guy talking on a phone, fly into an intersection in front of me who didn't see the red light... and luckily only glanced off the truck that he hit.  If he were .5 seconds behind where he was, he would have broadsided the truck.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:46:22 PM EDT
[#39]
I have to add to this post,,,,I was nearley hit in a intersection,,,,green light for me and I mean Green,,,,Fucktard Bitch in a Suburban on a Cellphone,not going to mention any race just Glides on through like her pussy don't stink,,,,,,,Air Horned the living F! outaa da' Twink,,,that Bitch would not Hang up the Cell Phone to save Her arse,,,,,If I did'nt need my job I tell ya' I'd sure as Hell be in Prison, Have a Good Day the Red Light you run might be your own life and if you take mine theres a Bigger Hell to pay
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:04:18 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

At the right times, yes.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:09:49 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Uh, not too far off I would think...

www.wired.com/news/wireless/0,1382,69756,00.html

Fido's First Cell Phone

By Jenn Shreve Jenn Shreve | Also by this reporter
2005-12-07 18:57:00.0

Lost dog? As of next March, pet owners will be able to drop the photocopier and staple gun and pick up the phone instead. That's when PetCell, the first cell phone for dogs, is due to hit pet-store shelves.

Hung off Fido's collar, the PetCell is a bone-shaped cell phone that will let dog owners talk to their best friend over a two-way speaker.

Developed by PetsMobility, the PetCell works with standard cellular networks and has its own number. It automatically answers when the owner punches in a code on their telephone keypad that means, "Lassie, come home!"

The PetCell will ship in early 2006 and will sell for $350 to $400, the company said.

President Cameron Robb said he got the idea for the phone while sharing a hotel room with a colleague at a convention.

"I overheard him talking to his dogs," said Robb. "I was mimicking and making fun of it, but the reality was his wife was holding the phone down to the dog."

The ability to track a lost pet has most dog lovers excited. The PetCell has a "call owner" button in case Rover strays. It also includes assisted GPS, or A-GPS, which works indoors, allowing dog owners to map their pup's coordinates from any web-enabled device or by dialing a voice-enabled call center.

"When dogs disappear, it's the first 15 minutes that are the most important," said San Francisco dog trainer Youngblood Harris. "If your dog runs out of the dog park and you don't see if he went left or right, (PetCell) would make life a lot easier," Harris said.

The PetCell will also have an option called GeoFence that will alert owners whenever their dog wanders beyond preset parameters, and built-in temperature sensors to indicate if the dog is too hot or cold.

Additionally, the PetCell will support a small wireless camera, an application Robb believes could be useful in search-and-rescue or bomb-squad missions. But for patrons of doggy day care, it may become the canine equivalent of a nanny cam.

While a cell phone for pets may strike some as silly, the economic reality is not. The American Pet Products Manufacturers Association says U.S. pet owners spent an estimated $35.9 billion on their furry friends in 2005.

Sturdy and slobber-resistant, the PetCell isn't just for dogs. PetsMobility's parent company, On4 Communications, is simultaneously rolling out models for kids, the elderly and outdoor sports fanatics who enjoy snowboarding and kayaking.

"It's a rugged, waterproof cell phone with GPS, so there's a bunch of other markets for that technology besides the pet industry," Robb said.

One obvious user is left out of this calling plan. At 3 inches long, the PetCell is too unwieldy for your average feline. Although the company is working on further miniaturization, the battery has proven to be a formidable obstacle.

Still, Robb wasn't ruling it out. He said optimistically, "The kitties will have to wait."
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:12:11 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:20:32 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
 I know I am not the only one in the nation that is irritated by thw whole cell phone thing....but it means more to me when I know it drives you guys nuts, too.

no your not alone, i would love to get my hands one one of those cell phone signal scramblers.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:29:30 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

no your not alone, i would love to get my hands one one of those cell phone signal scramblers.

So you have a right to interfere with the way someone else uses their legally-owned property? DU is that way ->

Funny how liberty only applies to the toys a person is interested in.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:35:22 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you have a right to interfere with the way someone else uses their legally-owned property? DU is that way ->

freedom is a wonderful thing
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:44:34 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not trying to jump your case, just spotlighting hypocrisy wherever I find it It's not a cell phone's fault  its owner is a dumbass, any more than it was that Bushmaster's fault its owner was Lee Malvo and not one of us.

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:54:26 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not trying to jump your case, just spotlighting hypocrisy wherever I find it It's not a cell phone's fault  its owner is a dumbass, any more than it was that Bushmaster's fault its owner was Lee Malvo and not one of us.

no prob, i would have responded quicker but im not exactly sharp of tongue.

I have no problems with cells .  But it seems common courtsey is an unknown concept to many cell users.  

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:25:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Chuck Norris would have known what to do!

John
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:31:44 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

**Driving** the bike?  

Yes, driving it. Cruising right along holding the phone with his left hand and driving with the left. Didn't see him attempt to clutch it, so I have no idea what he would have done.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:36:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Some women babble more than others ( a few men do also, but far more women)

I'd like to see DWI laws applied to cellphone using drivers, clearly their ability to operate a vehicle is impaired by using a phone at the same time.

The whole "multitasking" line is a farce. Women claim they can "multitask", when in reality it means they stop what they are doing, do something else, then chat or make a phone call, then try to remember what they were doing in the first place. You can see this in action at your local grocery store checkout lane any day of the week.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top