Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2012 8:35:02 AM EST
Hopefully not a dupe, from thehill website, during a tour of the Sturm, Ruger & Co. factory, Gingrich was asked if he personally had ever owned a gun.

Gingrich admitted that he had never owned a firearm, though he reiterated his support for Second Amendment rights.

Link left cold,

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/202825-touring-gun-factory-gingrich-admits-to-never-owning-firearm

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:35:41 AM EST
I'm not sure I've ever exercised my right of assembly, doesn't mean I don't care about it or can't support it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:37:38 AM EST

Originally Posted By amd_dude:
I'm not sure I've ever exercised my right of assembly, doesn't mean I don't care about it or can't support it.

Gingrich would sell you for a dollar.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:38:23 AM EST
For some reason Arfcom doesn't like pro-2A politicians. It's weird, but true. Bachmann, Perry, and Santorum all have guns and know how to shoot, but Arfcom hates them with a passion. Idiots.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:38:26 AM EST
Originally Posted By DoberDude:

probably

I'm not sure I know a grown man who's never owned a firearm
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:39:26 AM EST
Originally Posted By Kilroytheknifesnob:
For some reason Arfcom doesn't like pro-2A politicians. It's weird, but true. Bachmann, Perry, and Santorum all have guns and know how to shoot, but Arfcom hates them with a passion. Idiots.

all three of them are popular here. on the other hand, arfcom hates everything with a passion.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:41:26 AM EST
For all we know he has an arsenal buried in Utah and at the time of the interview considered it politically problematic to admit to personal ownership. I wouldn't consider that statement to be a big deal. I'm not a fan of Gingrich and he would be pretty low on my list of primary candidates to vote for, but that statement isn't going to be a factor in my thinking.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:41:33 AM EST
Originally Posted By Billmanweh:
Originally Posted By DoberDude:

probably

I'm not sure I know a grown man who's never owned a firearm

...or in the alternative, carried one as a soldier !
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:42:03 AM EST
Both Sarah Brady and Diane Feinstein have purchased firearms, so I think they deserve our political support.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:42:20 AM EST
Newt is a douche bag.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:42:42 AM EST
Hell, he could be an Arfcommer then.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:44:10 AM EST

Or it could possibly be that many arfcommers aren't single-issue voters.

Are you?
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:00:12 AM EST

All three of them are also religious nut-jobs. I would vote for Perry though, just because.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:06:58 AM EST
I am a little surprised to learn this about Newt. It's hard to imagine that someone didn't give him a gun in all these years.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:08:20 AM EST
I bet Ron Paul owns a gun!
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:08:51 AM EST

My platform isn't 100% decided on pro-2A stances. Pope Santorum wants the USA to be a Catholic theocracy, but hey, you can have [some] guns!
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:09:14 AM EST

Perry appears to be a great range partner and drinking buddy, but not a debater. Bachmann is the empty shell of a never-was, and Santorum is Inquisition material.

I'm not overly concerned about the (R)'s 2A stance. The NRA is going to have them in their pocket.

[NRA] Hi there. You seem to have won the nomination. Can we chat for a second? [/NRA]
[(R) Nominee] I fucking love guns! I love you! For the love of Christ and all that is holy, I will personally skull fuck anyone that dares put anti-gun legislation on my desk. Please, please, for the love of God, put me on the cover of American Rifleman. [/(R) Nominee]
[NRA] All your party are belong to us. Behave, or we come in the night for your children. [/NRA]
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:14:16 AM EST
Originally Posted By Procyon:

My platform isn't 100% decided on pro-2A stances. Pope Santorum wants the USA to be a Catholic theocracy, but hey, you can have [some] guns!

That's a straight up lie. His entire platform is all about reducing people's dependence on the federal government. Is the real problem that he's a Christian? Disliking someone because they belong to a specific religion makes you a bigot. Is that what this is about?
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:27:33 AM EST

Originally Posted By Procyon:

That's a straight up lie. His entire platform is all about reducing people's dependence on the federal government. Is the real problem that he's a Christian? Disliking someone because they belong to a specific religion makes you a bigot. Is that what this is about?

If you are dumb enough to open your pie-hole and say bigoted shit, it makes you a bigot.

If I see someone in Muslim garb, I don't think to myself, "My goodness, what a bigot." When he opens his falafel-hole about stoning Christians, I think to myself, "Yeah, he's apparently a bigot."

On the other side of the coin, I may think to myself, "Holy shit, a terrorist!" but that's a whole different issue.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:29:03 AM EST
And?
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:31:22 AM EST

Don't care if he owns one as long as he supports my right to.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:32:32 AM EST

Originally Posted By deuce_22:

All three of them are also religious nut-jobs. I would vote for Perry though, just because.

I have soooooooo much respect for those people who would gladly sell our nation down the sewer just because of their misplaced anti-religious bigotry.

Seriously?!!? I expect many of your type would turn traitor just to spite Christianity if it came down to it!!!
Top Top