Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2003 6:19:02 PM EDT
So the neighbor girl has been coming 'round, acting interested.  Unfortunately she's also seen other girls coming and going, so nothing has really happened with the neighbor.
Anyway, her birthday is coming up, and I'd like to get her something.  Obviously it's not going to be anything big, but I'd like to get her something nonetheless.
I was just thinking a dozen roses that I'd leave on the porch with a card, but I'm open to suggestions.
I don't really know this chick at all, so getting her something personal is kinda out of the question.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:23:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd go for something cheaper than roses personally, maybe tulips or daisies.

Keving67
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:23:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Get her a gift certificate for a one hour massage.  In a decent salon...not some crappy massage parlour.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:25:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
...[red]Obviously it's not going to be anything big[/red], but I'd like to get her something nonetheless...
View Quote

Hey now....No reason to be ashamed of the size of your endowment.  Some times the little things mean a lot. [lol]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:26:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Obviously it's not going to be anything big, but I'd like to get her something nonetheless.
View Quote

There's your answer. Have sex with her. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:26:53 PM EDT
[#5]
McDonalds gift certificates are always nice[:D]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:26:55 PM EDT
[#6]
... Nope. Too early for roses. Get her a two-person round trip airline tickets gift certificate.

... Most womenz love the opportunity to travel.

... Of course, it will be a bit more than roses, but it will plant innuendo. Let her imagination figure the other half of the puzzle out.

... Be ready to pack your bags!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:32:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'd go for something cheaper than roses personally, maybe tulips or daisies.

Keving67
View Quote

Do you prefer roses on a piano or tulips on an organ?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:36:39 PM EDT
[#8]
If you want to play it on a funny angle....get some bath and beauty products (soaps, body washes, etc) from Victoria's Secret. Make sure to give it to her in the VS bag with a card. Worked for a buddy of mine.....
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:48:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Roses and VS stuff is too personal for someone you have never dated.

Start off with a CD or DVD or something that you can talk about. Work it into a movie, nite out a  club with a band, etc.

Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:48:54 PM EDT
[#10]
dont spend a lot of money, I suggest getting her a nice birthday card and a small box of
chocolates, women love to get cards. I agree, it's too early to give flowers, take it one step at a time. Since you dont really know her
too good, then after you get to know her you will know what she likes.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:56:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Give her honesty, respect, and a little bit of your time.

I'd guess that she'd be most impressed by a man who can look her in the eye and calmly ask her out for a cup of coffee or lunch without getting goofy.

YMMV...
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:57:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
McDonalds gift certificates are always nice[:D]
View Quote

Damn skippy...Nothing says love like 20% off a Big Mac meal!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:00:47 PM EDT
[#13]
The spa thing. Cant go wrong there.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:02:30 PM EDT
[#14]
It's best to be up front about your intentions.

Get her a vacuum cleaner, a bucket & mop and a nice set of dish rags. (Used is fine. Check your local Salvation Army thrift store.)

cynic
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:07:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Pics???  Where are the pics?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:17:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Depending on how well your discussions with her in the past have gone, something along these lines in a smaller, latex format might suit her well.
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=13278[/img]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=13280[/img]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=13281[/img]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:27:44 PM EDT
[#17]
If you leave flowers on her porch, she better have already fantasized about riding your meat  or you're dead in the water.  HAND her a nice CD or something and be forthcoming or she'll think you are immature and wimpy.  Be bold but subtle at the same time.  Shows you're not trying to hard... Then nail her to the wall!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:52:48 PM EDT
[#18]
IME, most girls aren't put off by seeing other womens coming and going.  Show some interest in her and it will probably fire up her competitive nature.  She'll want to outdo all the other ones.

-Nick Viejo.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:39:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Give her an envelope with a condom and instructions on how to get into your room via the ladder at midnight.  

Naw save your self the wondering.  Say I'll take you out to dinner for your birth day.  Find out what kind of stuff she likes.  Maybe make a home made cupon so she can tell you what she wants.  Take her to a place that has the theme she likes.  Then feel her out on the situation.  If she is interested consider this first date or a prelude to a first date.  If she doesn't seam that interested or you just don't get it from her, then your just the nice guy and you scored major points. Also now her girl friends will know you as the nice guy and you just expanded your possibility to pass on your genes.  

I'm married now so I guess it is time to pass on my knowledge.

International Playboy
Section Leader
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:42:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Pearl necklace.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 1:23:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Depending on how well your discussions with her in the past have gone, something along these lines in a smaller, latex format might suit her well.
[url]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=13278[/url]
[url]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=13280[/url]
[url]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=13281[/url]
View Quote

[LOL]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 1:33:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Never buy a woman flowers to show interest.  It's entirely too forward.  If anything, buy her a card.  In it say you would like to get to know her better and offer to take her to dinner for her birthday.  Forward enough to get your point across, but not so forward that you'll scare her off.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 1:34:53 AM EDT
[#23]
LMAO Kay9! That is direct but damn, I like it!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 1:35:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 4:27:17 AM EDT
[#25]
A hot load in her face?

Balming
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 4:50:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Just a plain old card, nothing else.

Chicks dig cards and its the note thats will make it special.

The hard part will be picking the the right one. Not TOO forward or not one you would give to mom either

Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:08:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Hot Lunch
Cleveland Steamer
Toss her salad
A wet buritto
A stinky pinkey
Chili dog
A sloppy joe
U-baddog has the right idea.

(check google if your not sure)
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:52:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Yeah, too early for flowers.

A popular DVD is a good idea. Angle for a invite to watch it with her, order a take out and get comfy on the couch. If you can't take it from there you are not trying.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:55:39 AM EDT
[#29]
A very pretty (frilly, sparkly, sappy with a cute message ) Card and a stuffed animal are good standard items for a pre-dating gift occasion.

Fritz
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:37:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Obviously it's not going to be anything big, but I'd like to get her something nonetheless.
View Quote

There's your answer. Have sex with her. [:D]
View Quote

in the butt, no doubt.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:51:33 AM EDT
[#31]
give her shoes...then the next she's wearing them say "Nice shoes, wanna fuck?"
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:05:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Give her a box of ammo.  Everyone appreciates ammo, don't they?
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:34:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Be careful now,

Have you seen the thread on how to get a woman to STFU?  [;)]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:48:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Gift certificate for manicure and tips at a nail salon.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:52:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Just a plain old card, nothing else.

Chicks dig cards and its the note thats will make it special.

The hard part will be picking the the right one. Not TOO forward or not one you would give to mom either
View Quote

U-B hits the nail on the head again. Start off with the bar set too high and you will doom yourself to an ever higher spiral of spending on gifts...
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 1:41:09 PM EDT
[#36]
On the other hand, you might not want to take dating advice from a bunch of guys who spend all day on the computer...

[:p]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 2:02:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
On the other hand, you might not want to take dating advice from a bunch of guys who spend all day on the computer...

[:p]
View Quote

ROTFLMAO...good point!

Nick (who's married, so doesn't do that fun stuff w/wimmenz)
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 11:11:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted by Balming
A hot load in her face?

Balming

Quoted:
Hot Lunch
Cleveland Steamer
Toss her salad
A wet buritto
A stinky pinkey
Chili dog
A sloppy joe

quote]

Holy Shit!  thanks to you a$$holes, I just woke up the entire house.  JackA$$!

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 11:26:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 11:38:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Get her one bag of each flavor of Pop-Rocks!

They`re really tasty and they go pop pop pop inside your mouth.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top