Me too! fuck man, scary shit! oh well as long as i have my guns
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 9:29:58 PM EDT
[#2]
treehouse man aint a ghost it's BIGFOOT
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 9:30:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Me too! fuck man, scary shit! oh well as long as i have my guns

Geez man, dont you know ghosts are impervious to guns! You need a sword!
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 9:42:35 PM EDT
[#4]
This reminds me of an OLD AR15.COM thread back in the day when we had the old format board about ghost experiences from board members. ALOT of weird stuff happened to quite a handful of the more reputable board members.

Me personally, I've never had any sort of ghost encounter. Many of my family members have though. One recently (just last month actually), my cousins father died. It happened on a day they had a fight, the father was arguing with my aunt and my cousin stood up and they had a verbal fight and son said some bad stuff to his father. Richard (the father) left the house on his bike and a few minutes later collapsed on the street from a heart attack. The day after his death, Mark (my cousin) was upset and just "talking" to his father saying he wish that things didn't have to end the way they did. Then he felt a hand on his shoulder and his fathers voice say "I'm sorry son" and Mark turned around and saw his father standing there in a spirit form, then dissapear.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 9:51:51 PM EDT
[#5]
interesting stuff!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 9:54:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I have seen it before. Pretty cool.

I was half expecting one of those pop-up-and-scare-you things.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 9:58:57 PM EDT
[#7]
here is a web site for ghosts ghost pics (and nothing will jump and scare you or get you sent to sleep on the couch)
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 10:05:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I never really believed in it before living in England. I'm sure those who have been there can say there are some creeeeeeeepy places across the pond.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 10:13:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I've had many encounters & I'll just say this, don't play w/ that shit. You don't know who/what your dealing with. Be glad your not tuned in & sensitive to them.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 10:51:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Oooh, I just remembered my quasi-ghost encounter!

I used to work for the Bowers Museum (Orange County CA), which originally was the home & ranch of the Bowers family. Anyway, the Administration building, which was apart of the original home, is supposedly haunted. Alot of people often see shadows walking down the hallway and hear coughs coming from other rooms when they are the only people left in Admin. Anyway... there was this one instance where our fire alarm system broke down, and all the fire doors, which are normally held open 24/7 by electrical magnets closed (a result of the fire alarm system gone fubar). There was one set of fire doors in the admin hallway after the main admin entrance which closed also. They dont lock, however, it just meant that people had to go through an extra set of doors everyday, which happen to be very heavy opening doors. The system was going to be down at least a week, and we needed a night person to hold the fort in case of any fire. Yup, you guessed it. Me. I was the only person to do it, because admin was too cheap to allow more than one security officer to do a graveyard shift (stupid, I know). Keep in mind, this was also during one of our "Gods & Monsters" exhibit where we had alot of very old Central/South American pottery, statues & artifacts which was said to posses spirits and crap. So anyway... I am in the Control room by myself all freakin night, bored to death. I go up to the Admin building to cook some pop tarts in the lounge. Then I hear those big loud fire doors open up and close. *thunk*.... *clank* I figured it was just my boss stopping buy to see how things where going, so I dont think anything of it. A wait a few minutes... and still nobody... so I leave the lounge to go looking for her, and I cant find her. So I figured maybe she just left without saying anything. But still curious to know, I go down to the main security computer and check if anyone has accessed the building or if any door alarms where triggered. And nothing was there. So I concluded that the fire doors opening and closing by themselves must have been the work of the admin ghosts. I didnt care though, not being too frightened of those kinds of things and just sat back in my chair and fell asleep until morning without any further disturbance the rest of the week.

I also used to go up to the Library in Admin to use the computer to access AR15.COM, in pitch black darkness, with full knowledge that there was a ghost up there. It never bothered me. Probably was reading over my shoulder on the old ghost thread. Also used said pitch-black library to have some mutual good times with a certain female employee. Fun the museum was.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 11:38:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Almost all ghost pics can be debunked as Photoshopped images.  I honestly think "ghosts" are manifestations of memories.  It's like dreaming -- all those characters seem as real as day and if you never woke up you'd never realize they weren't.  

Either that, or ghosts are just glitches in The Matrix.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:02:43 AM EDT
[#12]
My uncle owns a local camera shop.  He has taken two photos in which ghosts have appeared.

1.  CopperKing Mansion.  In the upper window is an apperition of the ship one of them sailed on to get to the U.S., only its upside down.

2.  In front of my cousins new house on Halloween.  Pic of like an outline of tricker-treaters, one being a witch, another a fireman, the other you can't make out.  

Freaky FREAKY shit, I tell ya.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:11:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Very interesting!!
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:01:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Yikes!
Dammit, now I'm scared of the TV.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:03:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Welp... it's 9 PM... going to bed in an hour or so.

Yep, pretty much good reasons to NOT click that link.  Thanks... maybe tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:27:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:38:25 PM EDT
[#17]
I was stationed at Fort Campbell in the late 90s. If you've ever spent any time tramping around Fort Campbell's backwoods (insert banjo music here), you know how many cemeteries and gravesites are scattered throughout the military reservation. Some of these sites are right on or near live-fire/training ranges, and some are just out in the middle of nowhere. A lot of these sites are Civil War era or earlier. IIRC, I saw at least one from the early 1800s.

One night we were way out at the west end of the reservation doing tactical training. There isn't SHIT out there (for reference, see the Bigfoot thread; that part of Fort Campbell is near the Land Between the Lakes area that features in many Bigfoot/monster stories). I had a PVS-4 mounted to my M249, but that thing is useless as tits on a boar hog for use while moving.  My platoon was hoofing it trying reach our objective on time. It was darker than 3 feet up a rhino's ass, and we were going faster than we should have been considering the conditions. We were nearing the edge of the treeline about 75 meters ahead coming up on an open area, when the pointman started to skirt to the left to skirt the open area. I was moving along at a jog to keep up, and right as I started to turn, I heard a low voice directly ahead of me whisper. It said "sssstop." It suprised the shit out of me because the only person ahead of me was the pointman (my fireteam leader) and he was ahead and off to my right about 20 meters, NOT directly in front of me about 3 feet away where I heard the voice come from. I stood there with this uneasy feeling, and the hair on the back of my neck standing straight up.

Right as I was about to continue moving out, the platoon leader called a halt. We all took a knee and pulled security for our individual sectors, so I'm stuck there with whatever it is that spoke and made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I'm on the verge of panic when my team leader comes by and tells me that the exercise has gone into an administrative mode because someone in another company lost a sensitive item, like a set of nods or an ANCD or something. So we do a sensitive items check to make sure we've got everything ourselves. We sit there for a little while longer, and the uneasy feeling goes away. Eventually they just have us call it a night until we can get some transportation out to us so we can be trucked out to the area where the other company lost their item and help them look for it.

So I crash out right where I'm at, and someone wakes me up at zerodarkthirty for my shift on guard. It's still darker than the rhino's ass, so I pretty much stay put and keep my ears open. A little fog is rolling in, and it looks creepy, but I still don't have the eerie feeling that I had before. After about 45 minutes, I hear some rustling off behind me, and one of the other guys in my platoon walks up behind me, stumbling because it's so dark. The guy is next on the guard roster, and he woke up early so he said he'd take over now. This guy is standing so close to me I can feel his breath on my face, but I still can hardly see him. He takes off, and I go back to sleep.

I wake up at first light, and there it is. I'm right under it. The gnarliest, wickedest, most vicious looking natural creation I've ever seen in my life. It's this gnarled old tree with no leaves on it. Whatever kind of tree it is, it has spikes all over it that are about 2 to 3 inches long. I was about 3 feet away from running into it in the dark when the voice told me to stop. Running into that thing in the dark probably would've resulted in the loss of an eye, and at least several extra holes in my body. I walk around the tree to get a better look at it, and there on other side of the tree about 20 feet away is a single Civil War gravestone.

I don't know if it was a ghost or not, but it was something, and it just about scared the piss out of me. I've never seen another tree before or since then that looked like that. I have no idea was species it was. I like to think the ghost of that soldier was taking care of another soldier, but that seems a little to trite sometimes.

Anyone have any idea what kind of tree that could be?
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:41:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Awsome video segment.  

I've never seen a ghost but I've had some creepy experiences that lead me to believe in their existance.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:50:53 PM EDT
[#19]
napalm, awesome story!
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:56:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 8:08:14 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I was stationed at Fort Campbell in the late 90s. If you've ever spent any time tramping around Fort Campbell's backwoods (insert banjo music here), you know how many cemeteries and gravesites are scattered throughout the military reservation. Some of these sites are right on or near live-fire/training ranges, and some are just out in the middle of nowhere. A lot of these sites are Civil War era or earlier. IIRC, I saw at least one from the early 1800s.

One night we were way out at the west end of the reservation doing tactical training. There isn't SHIT out there (for reference, see the Bigfoot thread; that part of Fort Campbell is near the Land Between the Lakes area that features in many Bigfoot/monster stories). I had a PVS-4 mounted to my M249, but that thing is useless as tits on a boar hog for use while moving.  My platoon was hoofing it trying reach our objective on time. It was darker than 3 feet up a rhino's ass, and we were going faster than we should have been considering the conditions. We were nearing the edge of the treeline about 75 meters ahead coming up on an open area, when the pointman started to skirt to the left to skirt the open area. I was moving along at a jog to keep up, and right as I started to turn, I heard a low voice directly ahead of me whisper. It said "sssstop." It suprised the shit out of me because the only person ahead of me was the pointman (my fireteam leader) and he was ahead and off to my right about 20 meters, NOT directly in front of me about 3 feet away where I heard the voice come from. I stood there with this uneasy feeling, and the hair on the back of my neck standing straight up.

Right as I was about to continue moving out, the platoon leader called a halt. We all took a knee and pulled security for our individual sectors, so I'm stuck there with whatever it is that spoke and made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I'm on the verge of panic when my team leader comes by and tells me that the exercise has gone into an administrative mode because someone in another company lost a sensitive item, like a set of nods or an ANCD or something. So we do a sensitive items check to make sure we've got everything ourselves. We sit there for a little while longer, and the uneasy feeling goes away. Eventually they just have us call it a night until we can get some transportation out to us so we can be trucked out to the area where the other company lost their item and help them look for it.

So I crash out right where I'm at, and someone wakes me up at zerodarkthirty for my shift on guard. It's still darker than the rhino's ass, so I pretty much stay put and keep my ears open. A little fog is rolling in, and it looks creepy, but I still don't have the eerie feeling that I had before. After about 45 minutes, I hear some rustling off behind me, and one of the other guys in my platoon walks up behind me, stumbling because it's so dark. The guy is next on the guard roster, and he woke up early so he said he'd take over now. This guy is standing so close to me I can feel his breath on my face, but I still can hardly see him. He takes off, and I go back to sleep.

I wake up at first light, and there it is. I'm right under it. The gnarliest, wickedest, most vicious looking natural creation I've ever seen in my life. It's this gnarled old tree with no leaves on it. Whatever kind of tree it is, it has spikes all over it that are about 2 to 3 inches long. I was about 3 feet away from running into it in the dark when the voice told me to stop. Running into that thing in the dark probably would've resulted in the loss of an eye, and at least several extra holes in my body. I walk around the tree to get a better look at it, and there on other side of the tree about 20 feet away is a single Civil War gravestone.

I don't know if it was a ghost or not, but it was something, and it just about scared the piss out of me. I've never seen another tree before or since then that looked like that. I have no idea was species it was. I like to think the ghost of that soldier was taking care of another soldier, but that seems a little to trite sometimes.

Anyone have any idea what kind of tree that could be?

I know what kind of tree you are talking about, I dont know what it is called though. I have seen only one once before and those spikes are VERY pointy.

I just remembered when I was married, my wife & I were living in a house in WI, which was hers and her parents old home. We were only staying in until they sold it. But anyway... when we went to live there again the house seemed very different. My wife would sometimes hear voices calling her name while she was trying to sleep. I would already be asleep, but she would wake me up in terror because of the voice she heard. She also saw a shadowy figure in the bathroom once. We ended up staying up all night and sleeping during the day, the only time she didnt hear or see anything. I started to think she was just seeing & hearing things, because I never heard or saw anything. Then one night she and I where outside and we heard a loud banging sound inside the house from the master bedroom, as if someone was hitting the walls. We go into the house and find the clock broken in 3 pieces on the bedroom floor. I believed her after that.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 9:51:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Bump for the Late night crew!

Good stories fellas!
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 9:56:56 PM EDT
[#23]
I believe in ghosts. I have woken to one in my bedroom twice, and one was rushing me across a bridge on foot another time. It is so frightening that it paralyzes you for a moment.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 10:05:14 PM EDT
[#24]
I've seen some shit when I was still a little kid....scared the crap out of me....I ended up like the boy in the sixth sense, fucking scared everywhere I went...didn't want to look out the window of the bus when I went to school, and stayed inside during reccess.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 10:06:39 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Be glad your not tuned in & sensitive to them.

Too late for me I can tell if a ghost is around somewhere by me or not.I can go into a House,building or anyplace and tell if one is there or not and tell if it is good or bad
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 10:07:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 10:33:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 10:44:22 PM EDT
[#28]
I cant log into the link.....what's goin' on????
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 10:47:38 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I cant log into the link.....what's goin' on????

This is what is going on, weird.... just glad I have my gun & katana sword at the ready.

The Dead Walk
The world's top scientists are scrambling to figure out why the dead are spontaneously becoming reanimated in the African country of Comoros.
FULL STORY AND EXCLUSIVE PHOTOGRAPHS »

U.N./senior Comorian govt rep meetings
Comorian zombie timeline
Safety experts offer tips

Link Posted: 8/17/2004 10:49:46 PM EDT
[#30]
what's the full story on this...damn link just takes me to that funny website
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 10:53:22 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
what's the full story on this...damn link just takes me to that funny website

I cant get to it either. Zombie hackers mocking us?
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 10:56:11 PM EDT
[#32]
GUYS, LOCK AND LOAD! THE F*CKERS ARE HERE ALREADY!!!
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 11:14:48 PM EDT
[#33]
you guys with cable/sat....is it on the cnn right now
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 11:17:34 PM EDT
[#34]
I've got it on CNN... this is really freaking me out now...
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 11:23:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Now what????  so the guys who's living the black/white world---what you goinna do
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 11:39:41 PM EDT
[#36]
THIS IS WHY WE ALL NEED TO HAVE ASSAULT WEAPONS.....SHIT CAN BREAK LOOSE ANYTIME NOW
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:09:31 AM EDT
[#37]
This is just a BS website. Down at the bottom it has 2002 in the copyright, where cnn.com has 2004. Any link brings up that stupid laughing face.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:11:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:25:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Note: I was just playing along the whole time with the zombie thing.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:33:54 AM EDT
[#40]
on that guys site they have a vidio of a bunch of UFO stuff and i think they have a zombie one
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:42:32 AM EDT
[#41]
...and every pie plate in the air is a UFO.

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:47:58 AM EDT
[#42]
OH CRAP!!!!!
Direct passage to Hades!
This is Jim at Ghoststudy... "we received this picture in an email many months ago but unfortunately the email was lost. We just happened to save the picture so I am posting it this month for all to view. I don't remember how the story went exactly, but I do remember this picture was taken in an abandoned Insane Asylum. I believe the photo was taken of an attractive mural but when the film was developed, this showed up instead. The person that took the picture was chilled to the bone after seeing what appeared in place of the mural. She eventually took this photo to work and posted it on a bulletin board for all her friends and colleagues to see. This photo has made it's rounds as you can see by the crumpled edges and tape. If you are the owner of this picture, please write us."

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:09:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Tagged.

My Ghostly stories are nowhere near as good as these that keep popping up. But I'll see if I can't dig up some good ones.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:17:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:18:15 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
OH CRAP!!!!!
Direct passage to Hades!
This is Jim at Ghoststudy... "we received this picture in an email many months ago but unfortunately the email was lost. We just happened to save the picture so I am posting it this month for all to view. I don't remember how the story went exactly, but I do remember this picture was taken in an abandoned Insane Asylum. I believe the photo was taken of an attractive mural but when the film was developed, this showed up instead. The person that took the picture was chilled to the bone after seeing what appeared in place of the mural. She eventually took this photo to work and posted it on a bulletin board for all her friends and colleagues to see. This photo has made it's rounds as you can see by the crumpled edges and tape. If you are the owner of this picture, please write us."

www.ghoststudy.com/monthly/aug04/skulls01.jpg

hmm looks like my sister after she gets mad
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:56:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:28:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Not really a ghost story, but kinda relates to realm of unknown I guess...

I once had this neighbor who literally went nuts. He and his family were close friends of my family. Infact his wife was my sisters god mother. Anyway... Joe (the one who went nuts) started seeing things in his own house. He said he saw the shadow of the devil in his garage once. Shortly after he started hearing voices in his head telling him that his son, Gabriel, was evil, etc. The vioces told him to do all kinds of weird shit including digging a huge hole in his backyard because the "voice" told him there was gold located there someplace (never found any). Then it told him that there was evil underneath the floor of his sons room, so Joe gets a chainsaw and cuts open the floor... but the weirdest shit is what he found. He finds a pile of old animal bones and clay pots and rosaries, just freaking weird. He eventually moved up to trying to kill his own son with a wooden stake one night, which is when they hauled his ass away. They divorced after that. I forgot to mention I was about 5 or 7 at the time.... but the story gets weirder... one night (after Joe was already gone) I spent the night at Gabriels house and I just felt incredibly uncomfortable there for some reason... I looked at the wall and there was a spot which glowed green for a few seconds then went away. I was so terrified I didnt move an inch all night and fell asleep under the covers. Then at a later time during the day, Gabriel and another friend, his mother and I were in the family room, and all of a sudden the ashes in the fire place started to scatter around inside the fire place as if someone was moshing it around with their hand, but there was nothing in there. Patty (Gabes mom) prodded the ashes with the poker and it stopped... then it started up again and some of the ashes flew up the chimney stack, she prodded it again and it stopped for good this time. We all looked at each other in disbelief. We had no idea what the hell it was, but it always made me wonder if Joe really went nuts from hearing the voices, or if he was nuts because he was hearing voices. Just weird stuff.

Come to think of it, I have a story from almost everyone in my family or friends who have had strange shit happen to them. I still have the one from my Aunt, my Uncle, my Mom, my Dad, my Sister.... and... one from a friend who saw the same thing as my aunt while playing with an oiji board. THAT was the scariest thing was that 2 people who dont know each other seeing the same thing in detail. I think thats it, maybe I'll remember some more. Some of them are just too weird.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:03:50 PM EDT
[#48]
tagged
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:38:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:49:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top