Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2001 9:42:55 AM EDT
It looks like are guys in Afganistan are doing some serious sniping.

I ordered a ghillie suit kit to try out this year when bowhunting and it was late being delivered so I emailed asking what the problem was and got this reply.

[B]Nope,  No problems.  You should receive your package today via UPS.  There
was a 3-4 day delay on orders due to the heavy Military shipments to our
troops in Afghanistan.

Todd Muirhead
http://www.GhillieSuits.com[/B]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 9:49:34 AM EDT
[#1]
A lot of business are using this BS excuse, Even Armalite. Unless we are dropping AR10 rifles on the taliban then somebody is full of it.

As for military scout snipers. Do you really think they deploy to an AO then order a commercial "kit" to construct their suit?
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 10:04:51 AM EDT
[#2]
As for military scout snipers. Do you really think they deploy to an AO then order a commercial "kit" to construct their suit?
View Quote

Not having any military sniper background I would have no idea what they would do or not do but they do have some kind of military contract number on there web page.

US Government Vendor CAGE #1SVZ3
We Accept Government Impac Cards!
Call for an order over $1000  
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 10:36:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 10:57:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Yeah your probably right but where the heck do you get burlap at? I tried to find the materials and had no luck. Walmart and Myers were both out of soccer nets too.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 11:04:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 9:26:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Cabela's winter catalog edition II has some great burlap and some ok neting..
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 9:43:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 11:49:33 PM EDT
[#8]
my cousin who inspired me to join my Beloved Corps is a S/S bubba. he tells me they had to construct a ghillie as part of the division level S/S school. they had to make another one at the advance course at quantico. they sewed and glued re-enforcement panels to the knees,thighs,stomach and elbows of their utilities too. he told me the Army is big on flightsuit ghillies while the Corps prefers to make theirs from Cammies.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 1:41:30 AM EDT
[#9]
i asked about the scopes too, i was told that the army is into leupold and redfield and of course, the Corps still uses Unertl with leupold on the .300WinMag. Dave_G seems to be a bit more in the loop with S/S stuff than i am, might want to ask him.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 2:16:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Marine Snipers and from what I have been told army also are required to make their Gillie suits, I don't think anyone in the military buys theirs.  

Burlap is avialable through the supply system. Your unit can either just go to servemart, use sand bags (non-nylon) or ask around since a lot of things to include rope comes packed in it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 4:38:46 AM EDT
[#11]
If you need bulk burlap try a large nursery or tree farm, they use it to wrap the tree balls (joke away). They can tell you who they source it from, comes in rolls about 3-4 ft wide. locally the company is called Burlap and Twine.

Luck
Alac
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top