Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/9/2002 10:10:46 AM EDT
I am making one out of an old pair of mechanics coveralls. I was just going to sew the burlap onto it instead of using a net. Is there any problem with this? Is hte net for anything other than making it easy to tie the burlap on?

Aviator
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 10:16:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Sewing on the burlap doesn't allow you to easily change patterns in contrast to removing one color and tying on another.

Link Posted: 12/9/2002 10:17:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Good point, but I plan on using this in one area, in one season normally.

Aviator
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 10:22:32 AM EDT
[#3]
In that case, go for it. Let us know if it works.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 10:53:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Make sure the stuff you attached does not interfere with crawiling on all fours.

I found that out the hard way, in the field.  Scared off some good ducks cussing at my ghillie gunk!

ROFL
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 11:27:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm sure you already have thought of this....but also make sure you spray it down with some fire retardent spray....don't want to end up like that Paintball sniper guy.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 5:49:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Just make sure the strips you sew on are all made of MARPAT!

[}:D]
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 6:15:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just make sure the strips you sew on are all made of MARPAT!

[}:D]
View Quote

[b]LMAO[/b]
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 6:28:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Sheesh, care to add anything about unions in here also?  [;)]

Aviator
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 7:56:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I would like to see a picture if you have any. I am currently working on sewing the netting on my suit and would be interested in how you are going to attach and properly fray the material. Goodluck
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 8:52:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm against making ghillie suit out of BDU, mechanics overall, and flight suit.  Its probably better to have a poncho style ghillie
so that you also can put it on or take it off easily.  You also avoid getting overheated or dehydrated.  Ghillie suit is not something you wear all day long.  You put that on when you stalk.  Ghillie suit is also a fire hazard.  It also becomes extremely heavy when wet. And its damn uncomfortable to move in.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top