Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2011 6:36:41 PM EDT

Is anyone else watching this circus.

Apparently it's a pawn shop in Detroit somewhere.

This show is exactly what's wrong with America. Well, not the show itself, but it shows how batty all the Ghetto Crickets get when they can't get their items out of pawn or when they think the pawn shops "OWES" them something.

I could swear I heard one "Big Momma Drama" saying that Obama was going to bail her out...

Discuss...

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:39:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw an episode where they (the family) got kicked out of a gun shop.  Don't think the shop owner liked some fast talkin slicks trying to get something for nothing.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:49:52 PM EDT
[#2]
The only reason I watch this show or "Dog" is the futile hope that someone, someday shoots one of the self righteous assholes.....

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:54:14 PM EDT
[#3]
This show is Detroit, the way it really is........................
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:54:46 PM EDT
[#4]
The Harrison clan on Pawn Stars look like a sleazy, seedy bunch, but I bet they'd be fun to hang out with, especially the Old Man and Chum.

On Hardcore Pawn, they just look like Eastern Seaboard transplanted, seedy, sleazy, fast talking, Southeastern European looking, shysters out trying to hustle a buck.  I wouldn't piss on the lot of them if they were on fire.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:59:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The only reason I watch this show or "Dog" is the futile hope that someone, someday shoots one of the self righteous assholes.....

That'll be the day i buy a "Dog the Bounty Hunter" t-shirt! Goddamnit i that crew!
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:59:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

"Reality TV" is still staged 100% you will not see anything that has not been edited, chopped, cropped, etc, months before you see it.  People who think it is "real" buy the Taurus Judge, watch NASCAR, and believe WWE is a real fight.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:59:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The Harrison clan on Pawn Stars look like a sleazy, seedy bunch, but I bet they'd be fun to hang out with, especially the Old Man and Chum.

On Hardcore Pawn, they just look like Eastern Seaboard transplanted, seedy, sleazy, fast talking, Southeastern European looking, shysters out trying to hustle a buck.  I wouldn't piss on the lot of them if they were on fire.  

Yep, both are sleazy to different degrees, but I learn something from each show.

From Pawn Stars I learn some little historical factoid.

From Hardcore Pawn I learn to stay away from Detroit.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:00:59 PM EDT
[#8]
The WWE is not real......what?

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:01:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Pawn Stars is definitely better but Hardcore pawn is OK for slummin
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:07:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

they are detroit natives

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:14:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Real or not,what some of you fail to realize is that for a lot of people pawn shops are their banks.  They can't get a loan at a "real" bank.  They don't want their business.  Sure pawn shops make a profit.  Just like real banks and credit card companies.  But they also provide a service.  And yes I run a pawn shop.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:18:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I stopped by there one time why before they had the show and the place was packed with window licking ghetto folks. I ask if they sold guns they said no and I quickly got the hell out of there as fast as I could.

I really hate Detroit and would love to move somewhere like Wyoming or the gulf but wife is close to her family.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:18:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I saw an episode where they (the family) got kicked out of a gun shop.  Don't think the shop owner liked some fast talkin slicks trying to get something for nothing.

That gunshop is local to me. Ray is a pretty level headed guy, I saw the video of that episode-believe me, they would have had to really piss in his cheerios to get kicked out of his shop. Gotta remember that you only get to see the footage they wanted shown....

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:22:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Ghetto crickets?  I like the one I read on here a few days ago, ghetto goblins.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:23:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That gunshop is local to me. Ray is a pretty level headed guy, I saw the video of that episode-believe me, they would have had to really piss in his cheerios to get kicked out of his shop. Gotta remember that you only get to see the footage they wanted shown....

You should ask him for the backstory...

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:26:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I figured as much, seemed like he was tired of thier shit and wanted them out, I probably would have done the same.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:36:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Real or not,what some of you fail to realize is that for a lot of people pawn shops are their banks.  They can't get a loan at a "real" bank.  They don't want their business.  Sure pawn shops make a profit.  Just like real banks and credit card companies.  But they also provide a service.  And yes I run a pawn shop.

Poor, down on their luck folks, like the son of a bitch that broke into our apartment and stole some heirloom jewelry and an heirloom set of silver. Found the silver in a pawn shop down the street. The jewelry, which was my wife's grandmother's, is gone. There is a reason "real" banks, and most other places, don't want their business.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:39:04 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

this

the pawn star guys except for that retard Corey seem like decent nice people

people that used to frequent that shop before the fame have said as much

but the hardcore pawn guys just come off as seedy scum

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 8:55:32 PM EDT
[#19]
No way could I deal with those ghetto rats day to day like those hard core pawn people do. The few episodes I have seen shows a confrontation with one of the nasty locals.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 8:59:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

^^^^  this , i personally can not wait for someone to shoot "Dog" the bounty hunter.  He is just begging for it in my book.

Furthermore, Dog the Bounty Hunter is operating in Hawaii.  I mean for god sake how hard is it to find someone on one of those islands?  Just out of pure luck you are bound to run into them at the 7/11.

/rant off.  

S
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:10:36 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, both are sleazy to different degrees, but I learn something from each show.

That has been common knowledge since 1967.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 11:11:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Target Sports?
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:50:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Target Sports?

Yeah, the new one. The episode is on YT.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:11:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Target Sports?

Yeah, the new one. The episode is on YT.

You know, some people don't like that place, but they've always been cool to me.  I live that his last name in Jihad.  That must go over big at the ATF every time they have to file paperwork.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:18:59 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

This pretty much nails it. I hate watching Hardcore Pawn, the people are just creepy. Whether it's staged or not, the creepiness factor appears to be genuine.

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:22:25 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree about the footage, they didn't show enough to discern what happened, they showed the bare minimum. It looked like everything was normal, but the slimy guy must have been pushing for free stuff for a long time to get booted out.

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:29:01 AM EDT
[#27]
I learned 11 years ago to simply not watch "reality" tv. It's just scripted shit with under paid actors. I can't understand the appeal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top