Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2004 2:16:58 PM EDT
Supposedly the University is spending 4 million for the honor of hosting the debates.  Now I know where all the grant overhead is going ...

Banner on the Veale rec center:

Various lamp post banners:

Things were still pretty sparse on Friday:

This morning, all the the satellite trucks showed up:

It looks like the AIDS protestors also showed up as well. You can see CASE security laying down the hammer on them and making the relocate:

The ABC News Vote 2004 bus:

I went up to the Veale center parking deck, which overlooks the area. Alas, I couldn't find any sniper perches today:

Firing up the diesel generators:

Unfortunately, I could get no further without any credentials:

Here's a view of the media stage from the parking deck:

Closer view of the media stage:

More of the mdia stage:

Some of the local news trucks:

More tomorrow...
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:28:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:30:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Man, they aren't kidding...  See any secret service yet?  I'm thinking Cheney will hand Edwards his ass.  Cheney doesn't mince words.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:14:33 PM EDT
[#3]
yep looks like a circus. When does the clown arrive? (Edwards) Trail Lawyer man doesn't everyone just hate these guys? How did they even get this dirtbag on the ticket? I hear a tolet flushing (the two Johns)
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:17:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Cheney will mop the floor with Edwards.  Literally.

CMOS
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:16:58 PM EDT
[#5]
C'mon Eddy, admit it, you're a closet liberal!!!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:22:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I hope Cheney makes up for last thursday. I feel he will.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:29:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
C'mon Eddy, admit it, you're a closet liberal!!!!

About as much as you are a closet anorexic, Bill....  Is that the ice cream truck I hear going by?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:11:21 AM EDT
[#8]
No, I stopped it!!!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:22:25 AM EDT
[#9]
I hope it absolutely pours cats & dogs.  Damn media
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:59:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Let me be the first to say the old warhorse had the young pup for dessert!!!!!don't think the American Gigilo and the ambulance chaser will be occupying the White House in January...
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:04:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Let me be the first to say the old warhorse had the young pup for dessert!!!!!don't think the American Gigilo and the ambulance chaser will be occupying the White House in January...

Agreed. Im sure my neighbors could hear my moments of jubilly as Cheney easily put edwards in his highchair and made him finish his pea soup.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top