Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2001 5:01:38 PM EDT
I left CA to attend a formal AD military school in VA and didn't have enough room to bring my AR's. I will not be going back to CA anytime soon and thought my brother would be able to send my AR's to me. The problem is, he is having a very difficult time finding ANYONE who will ship them to me. All the FFL's out there don't want even want to hear the word "AR". These guns are mine and were purchased legally, what the hell is going on? I've been in the military for the past 10 years and have been waiting patiently for the chance to get the hell out of CA. That state has gone to sh@t. I have pitty for any gun owner who still lives there. Anyone have a my suggestions? (My guns and my brother are in Huntington Beach, CA if anyone happens to know anyone there who can transfere them.)(yes, I have already tried the base shooting club as a resource and they can receive them but they still need someone in CA to ship them.)
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 6:18:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck. It must be hell living in Kali.
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 6:48:31 PM EDT
[#2]
you could just have him drive out of state to Nevada and get a nevada ffl holder to do the shipment
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 9:39:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Part of the problem may be that it is illegal in Kali for your brother to be in possession of your AW when you're not present. A FFL that accepts them for shipment may be in serious deep shit if he were caught.
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 9:59:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Take them apart and send them UPS :}
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 9:16:54 AM EDT
[#5]
thats why you take the gun out of state then ship it and pray that you dot get pulled over will in CA when i was picking up some AWs before the registration deadline i was so freaking scared we would get pulled over thank god we hit the AZ border with no probs
MadMatt:
Part of the problem may be that it is illegal in Kali for your brother to be in possession of your AW when you're not present. A FFL that accepts them for shipment may be in serious deep shit if he were caught.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 8:12:36 PM EDT
[#6]
can you have your brother goto your former kali base and have your military buddies ship them from your old base to your new base?
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 5:17:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/10/2001 12:25:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks to all of you for your responses. I don't want my brother ot get in trouble driving arund with my guns so I'll probably just take leave and drive them out of state myself. Thanks again for the gouge.
Link Posted: 3/10/2001 1:23:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Remember that it is legal to ship firearms to yourself.  Take the guns to the nearest post and ship them express mail to yourself.  It still means you have to take leave, but it's better than driving around with them.  

Express mail is easier than registered mail as far as insurance, so it would be the way to go.

Legally, you should be protected while on base.  Package them up broken down and ship them away.  Avoids any FFL hassle!

charles
(I don't have an MOS, just an AFSC, and these cute little silver leaves...)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top