Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2001 8:20:28 PM EDT
Who knows the best place to get a DSA SA58 in the great (hah!) state of NJ?  I work in a local gun shop myself, but since one of our best customers was just busted for illegal assault weapons, our manager is understanably touchy about the issue.  So, I unfortunately have to look elsewhere.  Also any ideas on what price to expect (looking for standard carbine model).

Thanks all
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 8:48:59 PM EDT
[#1]
JerseyGunny, you got Alzheimer's, ADD, or what? I thought I emailed you the answer to that question a couple of months ago. What "illegal"
"assault" "weapon" did one of your "best" customers get busted for? Browning M2?
For any of you timid, lurking PRNJ guys out there, the DSA  SA58 is PERFECTLY LEGAL in the PRNJ..DSA supplies it with a 20 round magazine, which is verboten, so have your FFL specify a 10 round for shipment. 10 round is better for bench rest. Now, then, get one of your friends or relatives that live in a Free State, like Pennsylvania, consent to you having the "evil" 20 round mags shipped to their address. Go visit them. Remove the floor plate, and insert a wooden dowl sufficient to make it a 15 round magazine. Abbracadrabra, you are PRNJ legal!
Go figure. Move out of this toxic dump state.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 7:27:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Soory for sounding like a pest, but I guess I deleted your E-mail by mistake.  Anyway, our customer was arrested for possession of 5 to 10(?) "illegal assault weapons" (we never found out exactly what they were - probably something he had owned before the NJ ban and never properly registered or got rid of) and something like 300 high capacity mags.  The cops eventually confiscated over 450 guns from him.
On the subject of my manager: well, I'll try to wear him down on the DSA matter.
Sorry for the irritation - my bad.[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 7:36:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Problem is getting an FFL to order one.
I've been told the chi-com MAK-90 is perfectly legal in PRNJ. I had dealers hang the phone up on me for asking to handle a transfer for me. Understandably, this is their livlyhood, but please dont shit yourself over it!!!
I spoke to Det. Corbley (NJSP head firearm dude) and he confirmed the MAK is legal.
Still...nobody wants to touch it.[whacko][whacko]
Eric
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 4:35:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey, JG, no problemo...this customer of yours though...300 hicaps doesn't raise an eyebrow, but 450 PRNJ illegal guns? That's a bit over the top. He must have been a real real good customer [;)] Anyway, unless the guy was dealing to the project dope dealers or some such, so what? I hate this friggin' state...if only I could move out without divorcing my wonderful bride...prnj attachment is her only character defect.
As for your problem, Eric, try Butch's Gun World in Vineland. Showed him the DSA printout as to what it had, he said, hmmm, muzzle brake, no flash hider, looks ok, but can't order you the 20 round mag, you'll have to take the 10, to which I said, no problem, I'll just have them send the 20's to my friend in pa......
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 8:51:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks.
Eric
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 8:56:44 PM EDT
[#6]
If everybody will move down here to AR, you won't have to worry about NJ laws or pollution. Plus I have over 200 yds. of shooting space in my backyard, so no need to pay range fees.

[:)]  [:)]   [:)]   [:)]   [:)]   [:)]   [:)]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 9:11:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Oldeschool-
Here's the details:  
5 to 10 "illegal assault weapons"
About 50 "possible" assault weapons
The rest of the 450 are legally owned and purchased
(actually - there were so many guns confiscated that they had to be stored in a bunker in Picatinny Arsenal, no police station had room for them all!)
Anyway, it's becoming a real pain in the ass, what with dealing with the ATF doing gun traces trough our paperwork.  Gotta love this fuckin' state.[V]
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 6:26:53 AM EDT
[#8]
WTF is a "possible assault weapon" ??
These people that write the laws, dont even know WTF theyre writing about.
I hate this *F*ing state.
Rant mode off.

Did you hear about the doctor's house that was burgulerised by kids? Well, the cops cought the kids, so they worked out a deal. Kids told the cops about "all the guns and ammunition in there". Turns out they were replica machine guns. Oh, he also had 30-50K rounds of ammo. (I have this much in 22LR alone!!)
This guy was a decent citizen, donated much of his time to community needs, nursing homes etc. Now he might never be able to purchase again, and will probibally never get his property back.
WTF happened to this country??
Eric
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 9:12:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 5:40:27 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote
Gotta love this fuckin' state

JerseyGunny, that will happen about the same time that I vote for Hillary for President, i.e, never...

WTF is a "possible assault weapon" ??[/Quote}

Excellent question, Ctrmass, please let us know if you find an answer.

If you have the money and its legal he will order it.
View Quote

Why should that be a deep dark secret Mike? I mean if its legal, why the hell not?

Link Posted: 6/10/2001 10:46:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Possible assault weapon?  Beats the shit outta me, that's just what I read in the newspaper (taken with a grain of salt, of course).
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 7:28:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Take everything you read in the newspaper with not a grain, but a ton of salt...most of these guys remember the old school yard chant "liar, liar, pants on fire", which is why all reporters where asbestos pants.....
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 2:40:08 PM EDT
[#13]
JerseyGunny,
Please check your mail if interested in a slightly used DSA.
Bob
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 5:24:30 PM EDT
[#14]
JerseyGunny, I am in the PRNJ also. I own both the DSA SA58 and the MAK90. DSA will bill you directly at dealer cost(-$450-$500) if you find an FFL that you know well and will do the transfer . (Not your current employer obviously) No 6% TAX also. Check out NJ Gun Laws http://www.homestead.com/njccw/njgunlaws.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top