Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2006 2:26:26 PM EDT
Over the last couple of days ( Well since the 3rd). My scanners has been locking onto freq.'s in the Federal ranges. On is at 139.750 the other is 166 something. It sounds like digital, breaks squelch no voices just white noise. Changing between am/fmn/fmw have no effect with the best being fmw. We have a Corp of Engineers location about 3 miles away at a lock and dam.
Am I being paranoid? Do I need to add a extra layer to the tinfoil?  Or should I wait for the tacticle vehicles to pull into the drive. Oh also we are in the tornado area from Nov. 6, but I haven't heard any FEMA traffic for about 6 weeks.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:41:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Man, you're fucking doomed.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:50:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like plain ol' digital traffic.  (Not necessarily encrypted.)  Maybe your area has installed some digital transceivers at their base stations?

It could also be some digital traffic coming in via VHF "skip" from a distant location.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:56:55 PM EDT
[#3]
The guys at the dam are coordinating lunch.        
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:01:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sounds like plain ol' digital traffic.  (Not necessarily encrypted.)  Maybe your area has installed some digital transceivers at their base stations?

It could also be some digital traffic coming in via VHF "skip" from a distant location.

Yup, the future of scanning is extremely bleak.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:02:30 PM EDT
[#6]
be prepared to draw down
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:04:34 PM EDT
[#7]

* no point in wasting Echelon's time *  

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:23:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I guess I can remove the extra layer of tinfoil after the great replies so far.
As I live about 200 miles from Cinncinatti. and about the same from Ft Wayne there are possible answers in the replies of some possibilities. That being said I will keep the extra foil close as I was sleeping when the 166 woke me last night and did not clearly read the freq.
Damn I have to get the Probe software working again so I can start zeroing in on these.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:36:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

* no point in wasting Echelon's time *  

That's one hell of a site... good to know!

165.9125       ATF Ch 5 Simplex Tactical

At least we can know ahead of time when to lock up the dogs in the basement!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:28:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Is Charlie Sheen or Mel Gibson around?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:51:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

It sounds like digital, breaks squelch no voices just white noise.

HOLY SHIT!!!   Run for the hills!

They broke squelch!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top