Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2005 8:37:23 AM EDT
Suspect detained in terror raid

Link

A man has been detained in Cardiff pending deportation on the orders of Home Secretary Charles Clarke.

The raid in Thornhill Street in the Canton area of the city took place at about 0600 BST.

The man was one of five people detained during raids on Monday in the West Midlands, London and south Wales.

The Home Office said the man, believed to be a foreign national, was facing deportation because his presence was "not conducive to the public good".

A Home Office spokesman confirmed that "the Immigration Service detained five individuals in accordance with the home secretary's powers to deport individuals whose presence in the UK is not conducive to the public good for reasons of national security".

"They will be held in secure prison service accommodation and we will not disclose their names," he added.

Get out of my Country....

bye......

Taffy

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:07:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:19:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Look's like the bleeding hearts people and amnasty (intentional spelling mistake as a sign of my personal opinion of this org) international will have a field day.

Wait up, guess the tax payer has to cough up for their stay in the UK. and then for their flight out...
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:19:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Taff,
Hard to call this one - I don't know enough/anything about the evidence.

From the new story
'Monday's detentions bring to 22 the number who have been detained UK-wide since July under the Immigration Act 1971 as part of a crackdown on terrorists and their supporters in the wake of the 7 July suicide bombings in London. '

I wonder why these people have only been picked up after July?
Either they are targetting anybody who 'looks a bit foreign', or maybe intel was not acted upon before July?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 1:31:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I'm glad the Brit do something about it.  Your country and other countries in Europe might end up having more terrorist networks than here in US.

I think Europe has always had more terrorist networks than the US. Perhaps the US just has more enemies worldwide tham Europe. Europe is too busy arguing amongst themselves to cause much resentment overseas now. Seeing as we Brits sided with the US rather than with the rest of Europe, we seem to be getting a resurgence of terrorist activity here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top